Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Has delivery date been confirmed??
Question: Will you still pay the same price that you agreed when originally ordered 2 years ago?
Still no confirmed date but since the earliest I can collect is Jan 2nd, I am not too concerned.
Yes I should pay what was agreed on the contract especially since this is a replacement Cali for what I should have received in May.

1. The PDI does not include any of the Camping/Habitation fittings or equipment.
2. The 4 legged table only comes with 1 adjustable leg fitting. No more are needed to stop it rocking.
The PDI does include some camping equipment etc - the chairs and table included!

The PDI does include some camping equipment etc - the chairs and table included!
As in Post 6819 by @PhilR , No Chairs or Table. So obviously not checked off on any PDI sheet. Chairs could be missed but a big hole in sliding door trim?

As in Post 6819 by @PhilR , No Chairs or Table. So obviously not checked off on any PDI sheet. Chairs could be missed but a big hole in sliding door trim?
You quoted on you’re post that they aren’t checked on PDI and I just informed you that they are part of the PDI. obviously in PhilR case the PDI clearly wasn’t carried out correctly.

You quoted on you’re post that they aren’t checked on PDI and I just informed you that they are part of the PDI. obviously in PhilR case the PDI clearly wasn’t carried out correctly.
Different Dealerships must have different PDI checklists then as I asked my Dealership 3 weeks ago if the system had changed. On new vehicles they don't check Leisure Batteries, EHU, water and gas systems , habitation lights, roof hydraulic function etc etc. Only Transporter base vehicle functions. They check the Control Panel switches on but not its function.
8 yrs ago it was the same as my Mains supply was not connected to the in vehicle Charger.
So you must have an excellent Dealership.
Judging by the number of problems posted by Forum Members very little if any checks are made on the Habitation equipment by many Dealerships.

Different Dealerships must have different PDI checklists then as I asked my Dealership 3 weeks ago if the system had changed. On new vehicles they don't check Leisure Batteries, EHU, water and gas systems , habitation lights, roof hydraulic function etc etc. Only Transporter base vehicle functions. They check the Control Panel switches on but not its function.
8 yrs ago it was the same as my Mains supply was not connected to the in vehicle Charger.
So you must have an excellent Dealership.
Judging by the number of problems posted by Forum Members very little if any checks are made on the Habitation equipment by many Dealerships.
Your incorrect again I’m afraid.Every dealership has the same PDI sheet :)

I am assuming you didn’t read what i said before so I’ll quote again.. “the pdi does include SOME camping equipment etc - the tables and chairs included’ you had stated “The PDI does not include any of the Camping/Habitation fittings or equipment.”

I haven’t mentioned I have an excellent dealer etc I’ve just said the facts. I am aware people have had issues etc and clearly things haven’t been done correctly which I’ve already agreed with

Oh dear!
Ours from Eurovans had one B-pillar blacking missing!
I think its fair to say the PDI is 'lacking to non-existent'.
Can certainly agree with that, then the salesman says you will get a survey to complete and would appreciate a good score.
Do your job properly then you get a good score, simple.

If I may (and I don't want to say who is right or who is wrong) but the chairs and (outdoor) table are put in the California at the factory in Hannover. If they are not there on delivery to the customer, something is wrong. Either they have disappeared between the factory and delivery to you at your dealer and that could indicate theft :oops:, or it is what's showed in an article: there are clear savings on quality control (and on materials).
Thread 'Cut corners on quality? Possible (& article with some explanation).'
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...possible-article-with-some-explanation.45969/
I keep showing that thread, I know, but now I also add: it will all work out in the end. No matter how annoying certain problems are. And then it's fun, actually, quite a bit.

If I may (and I don't want to say who is right or who is wrong) but the chairs and (outdoor) table are put in the California at the factory in Hannover. If they are not there on delivery to the customer, something is wrong. Either they have disappeared between the factory and delivery to you at your dealer and that could indicate theft :oops:, or it is what's showed in an article: there are clear savings on quality control (and on materials).
Thread 'Cut corners on quality? Possible (& article with some explanation).'
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...possible-article-with-some-explanation.45969/
I keep showing that thread, I know, but now I also add: it will all work out in the end. No matter how annoying certain problems are. And then it's fun, actually, quite a bit.
Not necessarily theft, but its clear dealers are removing accessories to complete more pressing Cali handoffs. Covid and supply chain issues might have been the progenitor of some of these omissions.

Your incorrect again I’m afraid.Every dealership has the same PDI sheet :)

I am assuming you didn’t read what i said before so I’ll quote again.. “the pdi does include SOME camping equipment etc - the tables and chairs included’ you had stated “The PDI does not include any of the Camping/Habitation fittings or equipment.”

I haven’t mentioned I have an excellent dealer etc I’ve just said the facts. I am aware people have had issues etc and clearly things haven’t been done correctly which I’ve already agreed with
Please give us a copy of this PDI then so the failing Dealerships can be held to account . I’m sure your excellent Dealership would be happy to oblige.
There have been repeated reports littered throughout the Forum of Chairs, Tables, Shower Fitments, Toolkits, First Aid kits, Warning Triangles, Roof Tie down kits, Kitchen Table strap, Magnetic Torch Option, Mains power cable to charger misfitting etc. So if there is a PDI checklist that covers even 10% of these items it would be interesting to see as it would seem the Dealerships, in general, are not following it.

Not necessarily theft, but its clear dealers are removing accessories to complete more pressing Cali handoffs. Covid and supply chain issues might have been the progenitor of some of these omissions.
I used the word theft for the weight of the word ;) But yes: Covid and the supply chain and their former boss who made quality secondary to sales. His assignment was to adjust the diesel gate losses and he did. Fortunately, he is now discarded, but they cannot just leave his chosen path. I suspect the quality of the California won't be what it used to be. As expensive as it is, it is treated just like any other Volkswagen. No special quality control afterwards and also materials downgraded. Not getting chairs and outdoor table when delivered is not due only to COVID or the supply chain in my humble opinion, but due to the quality check at the end of the production line. This is my idea about it, each his idea of course; but there is that article… o_O ;)

Last edited:
Please give us a copy of this PDI then so the failing Dealerships can be held to account . I’m sure your excellent Dealership would be happy to oblige.
There have been repeated reports littered throughout the Forum of Chairs, Tables, Shower Fitments, Toolkits, First Aid kits, Warning Triangles, Roof Tie down kits, Kitchen Table strap, Magnetic Torch Option, Mains power cable to charger misfitting etc. So if there is a PDI checklist that covers even 10% of these items it would be interesting to see as it would seem the Dealerships, in general, are not following it.
Im not quite sure why you keep going on about things irrelevant to what my first response was to your incorrect statement about how nothing camping related is part of the PDI? I just simply corrected you and said that some things are part of the PDI and all dealers have the same PDI sheet. I don’t control what technicians do and don’t do at all the dealerships and again as mentioned earlier I agreed that they clearly aren’t being done properly like Phils case and many others. I also don’t know where I said my dealership is excellent etc etc??

Im not quite sure why you keep going on about things irrelevant to what my first response was to your incorrect statement about how nothing camping related is part of the PDI? I just simply corrected you and said that some things are part of the PDI and all dealers have the same PDI sheet. I don’t control what technicians do and don’t do at all the dealerships and again as mentioned earlier I agreed that they clearly aren’t being done properly like Phils case and many others. I also don’t know where I said my dealership is excellent etc etc??
My Service Manager showed me the PDI checklist they work by. No California specific checks, only Base Vehicle.
You say they do have a California specific checklist.
I thought you might be able to tell us what it contains. It seems you are unable to oblige.

My Service Manager showed me the PDI checklist they work by. No California specific checks, only Base Vehicle.
You say they do have a California specific checklist.
I thought you might be able to tell us what it contains. It seems you are unable to oblige.
As you are clearly getting very passionate/upset about my little statement I’ve gone out my way to help settle your mind a little.. I’ve taken a little snippet from the PDI sheet for you. 78050648-D6C2-4ED2-AEB1-40D60E03E42D.png

So, i just spoke to my VW dealership and he confirmed that, yes, all the californias are coming in much earlier than expected and that mine (ordered in September) is likely to arrive in January or February. He also told me not to worry, that i can pick it up when i like, even as late as the agreed date in May next year if needed.

(as an aside, i also asked him about raising the suspension 35 mm (with a VW approved kit) (which is a bit complicated here in Belgium in terms of rules - i was told that VW have to put this change on your documentation) and he had no idea, but is going to ask his technical team.)

So, i just spoke to my VW dealership and he confirmed that, yes, all the californias are coming in much earlier than expected and that mine (ordered in September) is likely to arrive in January or February. He also told me not to worry, that i can pick it up when i like, even as late as the agreed date in May next year if needed.

(as an aside, i also asked him about raising the suspension 35 mm (with a VW approved kit) (which is a bit complicated here in Belgium in terms of rules - i was told that VW have to put this change on your documentation) and he had no idea, but is going to ask his technical team.)
Hi @babble it seems then that VW in Belgium are more laid back about hanging on to stock than here in the UK. Here, VW UK mandate to their dealers they must transfer ownership to the customer within 14 days of arrival at the port of entry, or else!!

Back