Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Specifying A VW California Ocean 6.1

fozzybear

fozzybear

fozzybear63
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Looking at selling my T5 SE and buying a new Ocean. The new one looks to very well specced up and was wondering what other things I should consider?

I had the email from Drive the Deal today and played with the spec that i might choose, significant discount. A note on Drive the Deal, I sourced a new car for my dad about 10 years ago through Drive the Deal and the whole experience worked well - not sure if they are the same firm/owners but I would consider using them.

Still a lot of dosh so I will be sticking with my 5.1se though

Ordered last month with them, quite a high a spec 6.1 and saved almost £8k!! Only after a throw away comment by a friend on the Sunday evening, as I hadn't heard of them before. I was just about to sign the VW dealer contract that I was sleeping on over the weekend. I owe my friend a big drink! Even the VW dealer said take the deal, he couldn't even think of getting near it! I spec'd on their website, then rang them to follow up, spoke to a guy call James and he re quoted the MY21 with an even better price. He sorted everything there and then top man knew his stuff. Handover to VW Crawley was seamless, a 1k deposit and all done, just waiting delivery Oct.....meanwhile I'm selling the family silver,,,,,

Last edited:
+1 for DtD. Especially good for VAG vehicles (have used them for Skoda and VW in the past)

Does anyone use autobid, car wow etc, sure there's loads of others and see much of a difference between them?
I appreciate % were pretty good prior to lock down.
Also how do you think they can cut such a discount, when authorised dealers can't?
Maybe obvious but I'm not seeing it, thanks

I went for an Autobid quote and used that to get the stealers price down. Stealers usually don't give you their best price first, they want to make as much as possible. Autobid are dealing in loads of different makes and models that should give them purchasing power i.e. volume = better prices to them. They usually give a good price first as they just want to make volume sales for little effort and keep their costs down. Economies of scale and all that malarkey.

Ordered last month with them, quite a high a spec 6.1 and saved almost £8k!! Only after a throw away comment by a friend on the Sunday evening, as I hadn't heard of them before. I was just about to sign the VW dealer contract that I was sleeping on over the weekend. I owe my friend a big drink! Even the VW dealer said take the deal, he couldn't even think of getting near it! I spec'd on their website, then rang them to follow up, spoke to a guy call James and he re quoted the MY21 with an even better price. He sorted everything there and then top man knew his stuff. Handover to VW Crawley was seamless, a 1k deposit and all done, just waiting delivery Oct.....meanwhile I'm selling the family silver,,,,,
I too ordered my Cali through Drive the Deal and also saved best part of £8k. They were a pleasure to deal with. Once the deal is agreed with them you then deal direct with the designated VW dealer.

With the likes of autobid, any idea if there's been any movement on original quote?
Also I agree and get the fact their dealing on a massive scale but surely the vehicle whatever it is, still comes through the manufacturer and the company getting you the best price, are the middlemen. I suppose that's why I find it hard to believe the main dealer can't undercut them

Forgive me for so many questions, which probably sound daft to many, however I'm soon to be in a position of a life's dream, whether this is an ocean, MP, conversion or other and live the van life full time.
Thanks all for your time, apologies for jumping on this thread
Lee

Back