Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Software gremlins, SOS warning, infotainment system hanging

Same story for me. But had a(nother) software update a few weeks ago and so far so good.

Agree with all the tips:
- for SOS problem go to make a call using the button then cancel it. This reset the SOS problem a few times for me.
- blank infotainment screen or the perpetual “profile loading” prompt I could only fix by disconnecting one lead from the battery, waiting 5-10mins, then reconnecting. This is what VW assist did the first time it happened to me. Not what we should be doing for a new vehicle, but got the infotainment reset and all the other stuff - satnav, radio etc - back too.

Just hoping the last software update really has fixed it!

Same story for me. But had a(nother) software update a few weeks ago and so far so good.

Agree with all the tips:
- for SOS problem go to make a call using the button then cancel it. This reset the SOS problem a few times for me.
- blank infotainment screen or the perpetual “profile loading” prompt I could only fix by disconnecting one lead from the battery, waiting 5-10mins, then reconnecting. This is what VW assist did the first time it happened to me. Not what we should be doing for a new vehicle, but got the infotainment reset and all the other stuff - satnav, radio etc - back too.

Just hoping the last software update really has fixed it!
Well, it's almost 3 months later and a few long trips away, and no more SOS or other infotainment problems. So I think it is fixed - and I hope I am not jinxing it by saying this. Great to know the VW team has got on top of it and sorted it out.

Glad you got it sorted @Guy.M. I have a late 2023 Ocean which seems to be having a lot of the same problems. Hoping an update might fix it but presumably it should already be on a later software version than when you posted this... we shall see I guess!

Glad you got it sorted @Guy.M. I have a late 2023 Ocean which seems to be having a lot of the same problems. Hoping an update might fix it but presumably it should already be on a later software version than when you posted this... we shall see I guess!
Good luck Victor_Tango - hope you get it sorted. Yes, I've had the software update since then for other reasons (connectivity for automatic map update downloads). But, for reassurance, its been nearly 2 years since the gremlins, so the VW team did sort it in the end. My only advice is to push hard for a software update. The dealers often just look on their system and report back that no updates are required as none are flagged. This is different to the question of whether an updated version of software is possible..... even if not flagged in the VW system, it's sometimes the case that more up to date versions are available to install. Good luck. Keep the faith :)

Good luck Victor_Tango - hope you get it sorted. Yes, I've had the software update since then for other reasons (connectivity for automatic map update downloads). But, for reassurance, its been nearly 2 years since the gremlins, so the VW team did sort it in the end. My only advice is to push hard for a software update. The dealers often just look on their system and report back that no updates are required as none are flagged. This is different to the question of whether an updated version of software is possible..... even if not flagged in the VW system, it's sometimes the case that more up to date versions are available to install. Good luck. Keep the faith :)
Excellent, thanks Guy. Will follow your advice (and try to remember to report back if successful )