Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New infotainment system needed

Salty

Salty

Salty
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello all. Our Infotainment system, sat nav system is on the blink. And the ACC not working, warning lights randomly coming on, generally not very well. I’ve taken it to Yeomans VW and they’ve just called to say I need a new system, cost £1800 plus vat plus fitting. They can’t tell me what’s wrong with it, it just needs replacing. the van is a Cali Beach, 2016, 40000 miles. It seems a bit feeble that it needs a new one, and that can’t tell me why. Please can anyone advise what my options are, can I order one myself get it cheaper maybe, or any experiences. Thank you in advance.

Speak to Absolut5 based in Amesbury. They are Forum members.

Hello all. Our Infotainment system, sat nav system is on the blink. And the ACC not working, warning lights randomly coming on, generally not very well. I’ve taken it to Yeomans VW and they’ve just called to say I need a new system, cost £1800 plus vat plus fitting. They can’t tell me what’s wrong with it, it just needs replacing. the van is a Cali Beach, 2016, 40000 miles. It seems a bit feeble that it needs a new one, and that can’t tell me why. Please can anyone advise what my options are, can I order one myself get it cheaper maybe, or any experiences. Thank you in advance.
Sounds like twaddle to me. A 6 year old van should not need a "new infortainment system" - feels much more like some underlying electrictical/fuse issue. I'd put money that the issue would be similar with a new head unit.

Do you have the extended warranty? It should be covered by that if so……

I may be changing my Kenwood DMX9720XDS if you are interested?

Hello,

I may be interested in this unit of you are selling.

Seems compatible with a 2015 T6 Beach right?

Thank you, but I don’t.
Have you replaced the head unit?

I'm in a similar situation with my van. Screen has failed and theres no warranty. Had thought about replacing just the screen but I think i'll just go ahead and upgrade the whole unit.

Would be interested to know what everyone else has done.

Hello all. Our Infotainment & sat nav system is also on the blink..... And the ACC not working properly as well.
I’ve spoken with Yeomans VW Exeter (our local VW Dealer), and their response was that need a new system, cost over £2500....
They can’t tell me what’s wrong with it, it just needs replacing. the van is a Cali Beach, 2017, 58000 miles.
Reading the Forum this seems to be a common issue...
Can anyone recommend a company in the South West that could repair/replace it?
Thanks

Hello all. Our Infotainment & sat nav system is also on the blink..... And the ACC not working properly as well.
I’ve spoken with Yeomans VW Exeter (our local VW Dealer), and their response was that need a new system, cost over £2500....
They can’t tell me what’s wrong with it, it just needs replacing. the van is a Cali Beach, 2017, 58000 miles.
Reading the Forum this seems to be a common issue...
Can anyone recommend a company in the South West that could repair/replace it?
Thanks
Do you have VW warranty extension?

Is infotainment the stereo / headunit. If so what was the replacement cost? You could get a third party fitted which would be more reliable, same functionality (if not better) and alot cheaper.

Yes, the whole unit isn't working - only way to use the system is via the buttons on the steering wheel

Yes, the whole unit isn't working - only way to use the system is via the buttons on the steering wheel
So the unit is working, but not the touch screen?

Sadly No - is there a link to a DIY fix or a good South West Based company?
Sorry I can't help in that case. All that I was going to say is that Yeomans Indian Queens replaced my sons 6 yr old head unit that had similar issues. He did have to 'push hard' however to get them to agree it was under warranty. I reckon your best course might be a non VW replacement, there is another recent thread with useful stuff for you, have a quick search :thumb

Call Absolut5 on Amesbury. They are forum members and seem to be able to fix any head unit or replace it at reasonable cost - compared to VW!

I have just replaced my original VW head unit, the RNS 510.
In consultation with Absolut I managed to self install a Kenwood DMX 8021 DABS.
I reported on this DIY installation in a post on here last month, Replacing Head Unit.
Check out my post to hear what is involved.
The new head unit is just what I wanted, except that I live so far from Amesbury I wasn't able to have Absolut do the fit. They were incredibly helpful.
Get them to fit if possible.
The RNS 510 would be a very simple swap if that is your current unit. Mine was working perfectly and at some point I will eBay it.
The reason for the update was to get Apple Car Play/Android Auto which are superb driving aids, imo.

Back