Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Isssues with infotainment system on MY23 6.1

D

Do we or don't we

Rick
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Anyone else had issues with their Infotainment system? just trying to work out if I have been unlucky or not. Symptoms are:
  • It regularly shuts down for no apparent reason there is no consistency to this, it happens in all modes including navigation whether a route has been set or not, when we are playing media files, or even in the middle of a telephone call. Android auto will not connect wirelessly at all and never has done. All this is coupled with the fact that sometimes one or other of our phones just fails to connect when getting in the car. There is no warning when it shuts down, the system just stops responding, and then the screen goes black, the system then reboots. Just to be clear both our phones worked perfectly with our previous car and also worked flawlessly with a Caddy we borrowed even Android Audo worked wirelessly straight away. A dealership has had a look at it and applied various software updates but to no effect. Obviously this is very frustrating and not what you would expect from a new vehicle.
  • All thoughts are welcome thanks

Thanks for the fast reply Dave much appreciated.
It's worth checking the OTA updates yourself to see if there is any - these units, unlike my other VW, don't really need a dealer update anymore. But the symptons point to a faulty unit, not the software.

Last edited:
It's worth checking the OTA updates yourself to see if there is any - these units, unlike my other VW, don't really need a dealer update anymore. But the symptons point to a faulty unit, not the software.
Yep over the few months we have had it we have tried that a few times including twice returning it to factory settings and starting again nothing has helped :( As you say sounds like a faulty unit.

Ours is a MY23 and back in the first couple of months Apple CarPlay failed to connect a number of times - but certainly not every time. It also went through a number of random black screen events - of course typically when relying on Nav at a tricky point in the journey. But it the revived 2 or 3 OTA updates in short succession and has been fine ever since, albeit I have probably jinked that now. Doesn’t help you much though other than to say your case sounded similar but a series of self initiated updates seemed to cure it - in truth I don’t know what prompted the updates nor how you can force it to check for them. Whenever I checked in the menu for updates it’s always been blank.

Ours is a MY23 and back in the first couple of months Apple CarPlay failed to connect a number of times - but certainly not every time. It also went through a number of random black screen events - of course typically when relying on Nav at a tricky point in the journey. But it the revived 2 or 3 OTA updates in short succession and has been fine ever since, albeit I have probably jinked that now. Doesn’t help you much though other than to say your case sounded similar but a series of self initiated updates seemed to cure it - in truth I don’t know what prompted the updates nor how you can force it to check for them. Whenever I checked in the menu for updates it’s always been blank.
Thanks Andy, we have also had several OTA updates install but sadly they don't appear to have helped. What amazes me is that I am having so many problems with a system that is and has been fitted to quite a lot of different model VW's and Skoda's which makes me think Dave is probably right and it is a faulty unit.

Mine would not update over the air……. Dealer took 3 days to fix it….. then the nav would not work! Now on the 4th week of waiting for VW to work out how to fix it! I have opened a ‘complaint case’ with VW customer care…… it’s a waiting game now :eek:

Mine would not update over the air……. Dealer took 3 days to fix it….. then the nav would not work! Now on the 4th week of waiting for VW to work out how to fix it! I have opened a ‘complaint case’ with VW customer care…… it’s a waiting game now :eek:
That is not what I wanted to hear :( although I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Back