Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

silly socket questions

Grant Foster

Grant Foster

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi

I picked up my new Ocean today and am delighted with it!

working my way round the van and beginning to figure it all out!

quick question - for the Euro plug behind the passenger seat, can i use a regular Euro:UK travel adaptor, which would then allow me to use a UK plug? in which case, do i need to be connect to mains supply to then use it? If not, how should that Euro plug be used?

then, in terms of all the 12V sockets around the van, these are charged by the 2 batteries, correct? Am I correct in saying those 2 batteries are charged by either 1. driving the van or 2. being on a main supply hook up at a campsite or at home?

I couldn't quite follow the instructions in the owners manual to answer these questions myself!

Many thanks
C

Universal Power Adapter Plug, BEZ® All-In-One Power Plug Adapter Fits Wall AC Adaptor Outlets in US, EU, AU, UK and More - High Quality, SGS, CE Appro https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J18Q9PQ/?tag=eliteelect-21
I bought one of these for the euro style plug. There is a max wattage I think but works fine with a laptop.

For your second answer then yep. I think there are two leisure batteries (one under the seat and one under the wardrobe) that charge as you drive or are topped up by mains hook up. Stuff in front of the front seats is from the engine battery. Stuff behind the seats is from the leisure batteries. At least that's how I have interpreted it all

Stuff in front of the front seats is from the engine battery. Stuff behind the seats is from the leisure batteries
This isn't necessarily true....on some, the socket on the dash top is powered off the leisure batteries, while the one on the sink unit is off the engine! Maybe only on some T5s though....

It's recommended that you need to get your batteries onto a mains hook-up once a month to maintain them in best condition...

Hi

I picked up my new Ocean today and am delighted with it!

working my way round the van and beginning to figure it all out!

quick question - for the Euro plug behind the passenger seat, can i use a regular Euro:UK travel adaptor, which would then allow me to use a UK plug? in which case, do i need to be connect to mains supply to then use it? If not, how should that Euro plug be used?

then, in terms of all the 12V sockets around the van, these are charged by the 2 batteries, correct? Am I correct in saying those 2 batteries are charged by either 1. driving the van or 2. being on a main supply hook up at a campsite or at home?

I couldn't quite follow the instructions in the owners manual to answer these questions myself!

Many thanks
C
Your questions have been answered by others, but please be aware that the Inverter Socket on the B pillar has a limit of 150 watts.
A Mains electric kettle is normally rated at 2-3000 watts and a hairdryer 500-1000 watts.