Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to get Euro socket working

J

Jennydddd

VIP Member
Hi,

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me get my Euro socket working. We have bought an adaptor which I am pretty sure works. When I plug the adaptor in, am I meant to get a light? That's what I assume from the manual but we aren't getting one and can't get any power out of the socket. Any ideas? We have a 2012 Cali.

Thanks

Jenny

Jenny
We had this with ours, had it changed under warranty. Have you confirmed your adapter is working ok? You do have to push the Euro plug in quite firmly.

Thanks, I made the mistake of not pushing it in enough to begin with, but even pushing it all the way in the light doesn't come on. It doesn't have to be on hook up to work does it?

thant socket works off hook up fine,
the normal uk 3 pin socket on the sink side only works on hook up.

Jennydddd said:
Thanks, I made the mistake of not pushing it in enough to begin with, but even pushing it all the way in the light doesn't come on. It doesn't have to be on hook up to work does it?

Have you tried it with the camping control panel turned on.

Not sure it is required, but I have only ever used ours when we are in camping mode.

T

Possibly faulty as the green LED should light up as soon as the adapter is plugged in, even if not connected to a device.