Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porridge

1/3 milk + 2/3 water to 1 part oats is my preferred method.
I also found I can do a bowl in the microwave at 1 min each 100w 600w 300w and let it stand for a minute.
Then add sultanas (or raisins), or a spoonful of honey.
Put the raisins in at the beginning and they plump up nicely :)

One of my favourites from Puglia.

View attachment 73970

There is superb primitiv0 coming out of Pglia at present. The cooperative of San Marzano is producing stunning wine, that above I believe is from Cantine Due Palme, fabulous. I import Vinosia orus from Puglia, at under £10 one of the best single varietals I know of, produced by Luciano Ercolino, Son of "Super" Mario.

A first class choice above ... are you going to invite me over for Breakfast?

There is superb primitiv0 coming out of Pglia at present. The cooperative of San Marzano is producing stunning wine, that above I believe is from Cantine Due Palme, fabulous. I import Vinosia orus from Puglia, at under £10 one of the best single varietals I know of, produced by Luciano Ercolino, Son of "Super" Mario.

That wine sounds great. My wife and I cycled around Puglia a few years back. Wonderful holiday and great food and plenty of wine after a hard days pedalling.
Confess not had it for breakfast though :)

75F2C4C1-8EB5-426C-AC74-D110F83FA1A0.jpeg

Porridge with sliced banana, maple syrup and face natural yogurt. Yummy!

Had some spectacular primitivo on a trip to Puglia about three years back. The stuff I brought back was called Collezione Cinquanta I think. It didn't last long! I can feel some more of something like that coming on... what's a good buy from a UK distributor?

I'm lazy and make instant oats when I'm going cycling the next morning.

A layer or frozen (or fresh if I've got them) berries.
80g or so of porridge oats.
A layer of Skyr yogurt to cover.

By morning the oats have absorbed moisture from the top and bottom layers, other yogurts obviously work but I like Skyr.

Had some spectacular primitivo on a trip to Puglia about three years back. The stuff I brought back was called Collezione Cinquanta I think. It didn't last long! I can feel some more of something like that coming on... what's a good buy from a UK distributor?
You mean this one?

Collezione Cinquanta from Cantine San Marzano, one of my regular "stock items.

I import directly, not sure where you will find it in the UK .....

let me have a sniff around.

Edit: Just found a UK distributor of San Marzano anniversario ... absolutely superb, a shade over £20 but if you want to sit there all night and decadently indulge then worth every penny.

IMG_1440.jpg

c501.jpg

Last edited:
Favourite breakfast in the van is toasted cinnamon raisin bagel and coffee.

However you make porridge, always add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavour. I make it with 40g porridge, pinch of salt, half and half water and milk to 225mls, cook for a few minutes and serve with cold creamy milk - yummy! We don't add anything else in Scotland, but if you must, honey or maple syrup is nice. Enjoy!

My favourite is to mix in a good quality Green &Blacks hot chocolate into jumbo oats and milk. It's a drink and meal all in one.

Or if feeling healthy add raspberry sand blueberries.

My favourite is to mix in a good quality Green &Blacks hot chocolate into jumbo oats and milk. It's a drink and meal all in one.

Or if feeling healthy add raspberry sand blueberries.
Was with you up until the fruit :talktothehand

The campers friend, but Is it totally naff to stir in a spoonful of Jam?

Asking for a friend of course :oops:
Granny Jen - try sultanas and a teaspoonful of maple syrup. Alternatively chopped banana and cinnamon.

My grandfather had porridge every morning, I hated the smell, the look and the taste. I'm sat cringing thinking about it. Also can't be near anyone eating custard. When Mrs K and I first started dating we went for a meal and she ordered a desert with custard, the look on her face when I got up and went and sat at another table was priceless.

My grandfather had porridge every morning, I hated the smell, the look and the taste. I'm sat cringing thinking about it. Also can't be near anyone eating custard. When Mrs K and I first started dating we went for a meal and she ordered a desert with custard, the look on her face when I got up and went and sat at another table was priceless.
Blimey porridge is becoming the new Marmite (love it or hate it).

Was with you up until the fruit :talktothehand
If you don't want the fruit then add a double shot of Baileys or spiced Rum Old J is great.
If you don't want oats just put the alcohol in the hot chocolate very good on a cold morning.

If you don't want the fruit then add a double shot of Baileys or spiced Rum Old J is great.
If you don't want oats just put the alcohol in the hot chocolate very good on a cold morning.

If you don't want the oats, fruit or chocolate just drink the Rum! What a fine idea :shocked

Snap.
My family were originally from Scotland. My grandparents ate it almost every day.
Except Saturday & Sunday.
Fry up days.

Bit like peanut butter and marmite then!

Now, porridge with marmite and my home-made Kashmiri chutney could be interesting :shocked

would probably be detrimental to the ozone layer :(