Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Need help!

B

bmbtimber

I want to make a wooden plaque for my friend with writing on it....has anyone got any experience of making these and the best way to put the text on? other than freehand painting?

I do things like that with a router with a "V" shaped cutter. Triton or other types of electric routers
Regards
to another woodworker :D

bmbtimber said:
I want to make a wooden plaque for my friend with writing on it....has anyone got any experience of making these and the best way to put the text on? other than freehand painting?

Thought this was a "VW California Forum" or can we put anything on here we want to?

John :headbang

I have a laser engraver which i could engrave onto wood?

Thanks for the replies , we were looking at routers and see the Bosch GOF 1600 has some good reviews, would something around the £150 mark like the Dewalt give just as good results?

How often will you use it after? Lots of places will do it for you for a lot less than £150 I wood imagine (see what I did there?)

Failing that, I bet you could rent a decent router for a smallish number of pounds for a weekend.

If you can get a router with soft start that will give you more control in use. I have an old Trend T5 which is good, not super powerful but enough for the sort of job your talking about and also used when making bits for the Cali .

I have an Elu MOF 96 which I've had since 1990, made in Switzerland and I think the Trend may be based on it. Brilliant tool and sometimes seen on eBay.

Lightweight router less than 1000w and quarter inch collet would be best. 2000w and half inch collet more suited to kitchen fitters.

Andy

Vinyl... Or Vinyl stencil and paint.

If you want a stencil knocking up, drop me a pm and I'll sort.

Rgds

Mark

This is an interesting thread as we have recently started making our own picture/photo frames, we purchased the Black & Decker KW900EKA which was on sale for less than £50 and does a superb job.

Hi
I have 4 different routers all have different quirks, --------- it would be helpful and make this forum even more interesting if posters gave a inkling as to where they lived (approx would do )
I am on my second Cali and do not think I shall have another ,to old, However this forum is well worth the money for all the help and advice that I have obtained from it.
If you want a list of a few woodwork forums just ask

Yes agree.

The forum administrators should remind everyone how to update their signature. Not easy to work out without some advice. A lot of people on here with no location posting at the moment.

Despite that they still charged me UK subscription despite living in NZ :p

Andy

Calikev said:
http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7674&p=67177&hilit=signature#p67177
Not exactly helpful to a newcomer. Perhaps a sticky or some other reminder would help.

I find it particularly frustrating that although you could say what county you lived in, you couldn't see what country.

Can I easily find how many members there are in NZ and where they live? No doubt the roof corrosion issue will appear here, or is is a issue that only affects places that have very cold winters and salt the roads? Do we know if the issue affects warmer climates, such as Greece and Spain?

Andy

Back