Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porridge

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
The campers friend, but Is it totally naff to stir in a spoonful of Jam?

Asking for a friend of course :oops:

We stir in fruit, why not jam. Other stir in Golden Syrup.

Breakfast is my favourite part of the day...
Love everything apart from Porridge. I’ve tried it again and again. Just can’t get on with the stuff.
It’s meant to be very good for you too.

Love everything apart from Porridge. I’ve tried it again and again. Just can’t get on with the stuff.

Choice A
1dd3a85a5d4d0baee17b1115e95b8d20.jpg

Choice B
9466172e80e25480b53dd2b94cf7a909.jpg

Choice B should there be toast & marmalade as well?

I can see 3 of your 5 a day in B , add in a glass of orange juice & its nearly a very healthy meal.

Surely there is an ugly premise to the OP. You EAT that stuff? The world's only grey food.

Porridge is good if you are sea sick, it tastes and looks the same coming up as it did going down. Other than that I can't see why you would eat it.

Really?

Good to know I'm eating a health food whilst going green with the stuff.

Last edited:
Surely there is an ugly premise to the OP. You EAT that stuff? The world's only grey food.

Blame Jo. She is on some form of cycling page where they do stupid things like recommend "Healthy foods for cyclists". I can only have it when it's porridge with my jam.

I have the same with my running forum. The crap they want you to shovel down your kite before kicking off. If I wanted to eat berries and bran I would go and sit in a cave somewhere ...

and yes, that was "sit"

Porridge is good if you are sea sick, it tastes and looks the same coming up as it did going down. Other than that I can't see why you would eat it.

A quite graphic illustration that I have some association with :shocked

The campers friend, but Is it totally naff to stir in a spoonful of Jam?

Asking for a friend of course :oops:
Love porridge! Raspberry jam is my first choice but I also like grated apple with cinnamon.

Love porridge! Raspberry jam is my first choice but I also like grated apple with cinnamon.

I'm currently on Cherry tree Raspberry extra but determined to go the course, have strawberry next followed by cherry ...

That’s my husbands favourite, but never had it with the feta; will have to give it a try.

You don’t need too much. But the salty feta makes the breakfast lovely and rich and filling.
I use one of these per avocado. Found in Waitrose, 30g.
Sorry Gen, taking over the Porridge theme...:Iamsorry

21983717-BEB5-48CC-9E9D-C2F63DB3ABDB.jpeg

Vary the breakfasts but Porridge definitely on the list. Preferably Flahavan’s Jumbo oats with whatever takes my fancy to add some sweetness.

Mike

Swap out the feta for smoked salmon and you’ve got my perfect morning fuel in post #15 there

Ok, another theme....

all these Active, get off yer butt - type websites

Why do they keep banging on about healthy foods?

I've been sat there, waiting to nip out for a 10 mile run, knowing that I'm going to burn up every grain of sugar in my body, melting every floating bit of cholesterol in my bloodstream, burning up enough calories to make sure that I'll fall through a grating unless I put some back ....

open my running magazine and there's pages and pages of grass on a plate, breakfasts that wouldn't fill an ant, Mongolian yak milk yoghurt that would come out quicker than it went in ......

You need to go raw with your Porridge
Soak some porridge oats over-night in almond milk

No cooking, eat cold
Surprisingly good

Love love love porridge, eat mine with Oat Milk or just raw handfuls of oats, never leave the house without it!!