Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

She did it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the most sensible post I have read on a web forum ever.

Just sums it up.

You exaggerate.

Two moderators and an admin had a meta-discussion in this very thread.

HC made his views very clear - he feels that my original post is most unwelcome:
this kind of posts is usseles on a VW California forum like this.
He also used the word "nag" to describe my conversations, and implied my posts are not positive.

The admin came back with a reality check.

GJ responded with a stunning post, demonstrating the importance of the decision, and mischievously suggesting that it was the intent of the Prime Minister all along.

My suspicion is that Theresa May has foreseen this all along and is manoeuvring for her hand "to be forced." In seeking a general election to obtain a popular mandate for carrying through the referendum wishes she is in effect giving the electorate a second bite.

It is very easy to read High Court judgements and make sense of the decision, but they only reflect one viewpoint.

The counter argument is that Parliament gave consent to follow the people's will when it passed the
European Union Referendum Act 2015, and now it is the Government's job to carry out that will. I would have thought that it is this argument that Theresa May found compelling.

It is interesting to note that if the Government's appeal to the Supreme Court fails it is unlikely to appeal to the European Court of Justice, however, if the Government succeeds in its appeal, the matter is likely to be decided by the European Court of Justice. It would be an ultimate irony if the manner of Britain's departure from the European Union is decided by the European Court of Justice.

An analysis of the effect of the various scenarios on the price of a California would be interesting. I suspect that uncertainty will drive prices up, and stability keep them down.

You exaggerate.

HC made his views very clear - he feels that my original post is most unwelcome:

He also used the word "nag" to describe my conversations, and implied my posts are not positive.

GJ responded with a stunning post, demonstrating the importance of the decision, and mischievously suggesting that it was the intent of the Prime Minister all along.

No exaggeration trust me - just my opinion.

You summed up issues with general web forum discussions in the most sensible post on the topic ever. My opinion!

As for GranJen's opinion about Theresa May's sweetness it is something I have been hearing about for a while. While an interesting theory, I find it low probability - implausible. And frankly even if she planned it, a whole lot of other people would have had to be in on it for successful execution.

Rather she has more likely stumbled from one thing to another. From revelations about speeches at GS to clumsy handling of Chinese investment, unhelpful far right rhetoric she has stumbled again and again.

It has been veey difficult for her - and truth be told would have been very difficult for anyone but a true statesman (stateswoman!). And with Tories now more or less UKIP except in name, there are few politicians I can think of who are anywhere near that description.

The two most sensible ones have been Hammond and Greg Clarke but they have others pulling in other direction.

What we are witnessing is Churchill's "History is one damn thing after another."

Here is the FT on the topic today.

image003.jpg

Ha!

Just noticed my comment on Theresa May's smarts has been auto corrected to her sweetness!

Now I can't edit as I am a stingy guest. One household member here suffices!

:headbang Off for peaceful and enjoyable weekend. The real purpose of owning a Cali.

You exaggerate.

correction.

I did not suggest it was anything to do with the PM, merely that she saw it coming and used it for her own ends. For goodness sake it was not rocket science, all she had to do was plough a middle furrow and watch what happened either side.

Just put my van away for the winter and had difficulty closing the door She needs to go South I think but I don't know where.

Since I am now on the £/peso I need somewhere cheap i.e. A quick dash through Europe to a none Euro zone. Recommendations ? Or should I just take a plane to Orlando ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back