Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I’ve just checked mine and have gone from having an unconfirmed build week of 18 to no build week at all. Was told that they are going back through orders and will put build weeks back on as they go through them.
I’m on my 6th unconfirmed build week (+1 dealer confirmed build week that wasn’t actually confirmed)

I checked too and have now gone from 4-9-20-21-16 since the start of December! I have only checked twice this month so suspect that list could be longer :) 16 sounds great but the guy seemed to quite strongly suggest checking back next week so who knows what way it will go given the history. Ours is a 150 though.

Just had an update on VW chat which was not what I had expected, however given all the delays reported by members I should have expected. I ordered the 4 motion 199 engine factory accepted on 26 Oct no dates given until now and have a provisional build week 24 week commencing 14 June. Whilst the summer was going to be a challenge given COVID we will now need to rearrange plans for Cali in the autumn :(
Well my order was confirmed 24 August so 8 weeks earlier tHan your build week 24 does that suggest mine might have a build week 16 delivery week 24...shame I can’t swear here....hope I my logic is rubbish

Well my order was confirmed 24 August so 8 weeks earlier tHan your build week 24 does that suggest mine might have a build week 16 delivery week 24...shame I can’t swear here....hope I my logic is rubbish
Ok, can anyone decipher that?? :)

Ok that‘s a bit better but I’m still lost on the 24 Aug being 8 weeks before build week 24....

And swearing is absolutely obligatory when dealing with VW. The mods will sort it ;)

whi hi aspect would you like me to decipher
Right here goes....open to be told it is bollocks though but adds spice to the thread...
I ordered 8 weeks before Ken for a similar vehicle, so it is not unreasonable to think mine “might” get a build week 8 weeks earlier tank his hence..week 16 but from build week to delivery takes about 8 weeks I understand so I am to thinking week 24 to collect..So 14 June ...which extracts expletives...but I am too much of a gentleman to say here...the air in our room though is BLUE!

Ah, got you. I’m not sure it works quite like that but here’s hoping. So, the 24 Aug is date of order? If so ‘blue’ air is entirely understandable.

It is worth checking. My Week 49 build left the factory on Tuesday so looks like they have released quite a few last week. I am checking every Friday but also get a regular updates from the dealer (thanks Tom ;))
Well i got an update and my week 51 build is still in production. Next week is going to be its 7th week in build :rolleyes: looks like yours was 8 weeks Camp5, any reason given ? Reason i was given was Covid and Christmas shutdown causing a backlog, well it seems my van is at the very back of that log ! They seemed pretty confident it will be completed in the next week or so, so happy with that. Can't complain too much seeing the delays people are seeing on here..

My September ordered 204 4Mo had gone from week 10 to week 23 and as per VW Chat today has moved back in to week 10 - so could be a hopeful sign based on what @jMacdent says above (but I'm not getting my hopes up :) )
VW Chat actually said....
"Hopefully, it will get confirmed very soon. We haven't been provided an update yet, however, as the provisional build weeks are getting closer, it seems like there's been a resolution with the engines"
I said I wouldn't be holding my breath...although I did rather like "Hopefully it will get confirmed very soon"

Who knows frankly until its built i'm working on basis in won't be a 21 plate. I will plan on that basis far too much uncertainty and with the year we all have had experienced 2022 looks more promising

Made me go on VW Chat to check mine. Moved from provisional week 22 to week 10 since Monday!?!?! Was told it seems there has been some resolution regarding the 204's as build weeks have been moved up recently.
where do you go to check this please would love to know?

where do you go to check this please would love to know?
Go to VW Commercial Vans Contact page

A small white chat ‘bubble’ will appear in the bottom right hand corner. Click on it and the rest is self explanatory.

Anyone know what the lead time is on a new order at the moment?

Anyone know what the lead time is on a new order at the moment?
It seems to very much depend on what you are ordering. 204 and Grand Cali’s seem to have the longest average wait.

It seems to very much depend on what you are ordering. 204 and Grand Cali’s seem to have the longest average wait.
I’ve had 6 provisional build dates for a 150 ordered on 8 October... and this morning: “your vehicle has yet to be allocated a provisional build date”

I’ve had 6 provisional build dates for a 150 ordered on 8 October... and this morning: “your vehicle has yet to be allocated a provisional build date”

Ouch. No chance for a new order for this summer then.

Ouch. No chance for a new order for this summer then.
Some of the 150 Beaches ordered in Nov (UK) are currently in build. So it’s all a bit random and confusing.

Some of the 150 Beaches ordered in Nov (UK) are currently in build. So it’s all a bit random and confusing.
Yes mines an Ocean. Beaches do seem to have an advantage.

Back