Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

How often is too often for checking vw chat ?!
I got so annoyed I was checking every day. Don't feel bad about it, you are spending loads and VW are useless with their comms. Takes 2 minutes on VW Chat, so why not? You are keeping the VW Chat people in gainful employment!

It arrived at the port on 21st Jan. I was told it went quickly from being completed to being shipped. It was a week 50 build so the production took a little longer than expected.
Thanks I've got a w51 build and dealer said Christmas builds should be released this week

It is worth checking. My Week 49 build left the factory on Tuesday so looks like they have released quite a few last week. I am checking every Friday but also get a regular updates from the dealer (thanks Tom ;))
I got so annoyed I was checking every day. Don't feel bad about it, you are spending loads and VW are useless with their comms. Takes 2 minutes on VW Chat, so why not? You are keeping the VW Chat people in gainful employment!
You are right, I shouldn't feel bad. I'll get back onto them once VW chat is back up, get on personal terms lol !

For those who don’t know, you can track the ship your Cali’ is on at Vessel Finder. VW use several ships depending on port of entry. If you have a southern based dealership yours will probably land at Sheerness on the Mallaca Highway. If your dealer is northern based yours will probably land at Immingham. Other ships i’m aware of are the Wesser Highway and Necker Highway.

Attachments

• 3FE7FC44-5927-4E96-ACE4-2C3FA9BA24C1.png
    3FE7FC44-5927-4E96-ACE4-2C3FA9BA24C1.png
    386.2 KB · Views: 14
For those who don’t know, you can track the ship your Cali’ is on at Vessel Finder. VW use several ships depending on port of entry. If you have a southern based dealership yours will probably land at Sheerness on the Mallaca Highway. If your dealer is northern based yours will probably land at Immingham. Other ships i’m aware of are the Wesser Highway and Necker Highway.
Mine is due to come into Grimsby. I am in Lincolnshire. I thought Grimsby was the standard for the Northern dealers.

Just checked my mid Nov Camper Beach order - in build at the moment - was told 3 weeks ago build week 4. And last week was told about to be built. This week it is - which is week 4.
Looking at al the threads it seems the delays (for the UK) are mainly related to the 199/204 engine and maybe with the 80l diesel tank.
I have neither if those.

Just checked my mid Nov Camper Beach order - in build at the moment - was told 3 weeks ago build week 4. And last week was told about to be built. This week it is - which is week 4.
Looking at al the threads it seems the delays (for the UK) are mainly related to the 199/204 engine and maybe with the 80l diesel tank.
I have neither if those.
Neither do I and yet I ordered at the same time as you and am week 20. A lot of 150 Coasts seem to be caught up in the 199/204 too. Or component shortages. Basically who knows.

Neither do I and yet I ordered at the same time as you and am week 20. A lot of 150 Coasts seem to be caught up in the 199/204 too. Or component shortages. Basically who knows.
Sorry to hear that. Maybe it’s something else then causing the hold up. We can only speculate... and to be honest, until mine is physically here at the dealer, I am not convinced about all the codes...

Immingham is 6 miles from Grimsby and is it's own port. That is my point.
Take a trip down the A18 into Grimsby and take a look to your left as you go down the stretch just before the yacht club...they are all line up....see if you can pick yours out !

Still no news on the 204 spec then? Crazy that we don’t know what mpg or performance our £70k order is going to provide!! Come on VW - you must know this by now surely???

Take a trip down the A18 into Grimsby and take a look to your left as you go down the stretch just before the yacht club...they are all line up....see if you can pick yours out !
Just had a look at the place on the satellite view on Google maps. That is a serious car park!

Still no news on the 204 spec then? Crazy that we don’t know what mpg or performance our £70k order is going to provide!! Come on VW - you must know this by now surely???
I thought you had cancelled your order Phil???

Just had an update on VW chat which was not what I had expected, however given all the delays reported by members I should have expected. I ordered the 4 motion 199 engine factory accepted on 26 Oct no dates given until now and have a provisional build week 24 week commencing 14 June. Whilst the summer was going to be a challenge given COVID we will now need to rearrange plans for Cali in the autumn :(

I get the feeling everyone with a 199/204 is being given week 24 and VW have no real idea when they will be building them.

I’ve just checked mine and have gone from having an unconfirmed build week of 18 to no build week at all. Was told that they are going back through orders and will put build weeks back on as they go through them.

Good old VW and emissions eh!

My current car is a Skoda Superb, on a PCH, that I've had 2.5 years. I ordered an Octavia VRS diesel 7 months before needed the car and all was ok. Heard nothing from anyone, called the dealer up 2 months before delivery and they told me I'd have to wait 18 months for one as the engine had failed WLTP testing. I ended up with the Superb as it was sat in the showroom ready to go.

I’ve just checked mine and have gone from having an unconfirmed build week of 18 to no build week at all. Was told that they are going back through orders and will put build weeks back on as they go through them.
is that for a 199/204?

First week in November, so not been waiting as long as some on here.
about the same as mine then. Ordered a Coast on 2/11. Spoke to dealer this week and they told me still on track for end April delivery. VW chat tell me different. Very confused!

Back