Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Have any of you added your ordered vehicle to the 'My VW' section of your account (https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/my#/owners-and-drivers/my/add-car)?

Every time I put in my order number it just says "Order number xxxx cannot be found".

I thought there might be a lag in being able to do this but I'm not sure if this is the case or not? If there is a time lag can anyone remember how long it was before you could put your order number in successfully?

Just had an unexpected call from VW Commercial Vehicles, to answer a question I apparently asked (must've been ages ago) whether my 150 will be RDE2 compliant. He confirmed it will be.
I took the opportunity to ask about my order, and he came back 30 mins later to say although it is Code 10 (unconfirmed build date) officially, behind the scenes it is Code 20 (confirmed date) Week 14. After having 6 unconfirmed build weeks, lets hope he's correct.
He said the last change from week 8 to week 14 was to accommodate some 204 orders placed before me. Fair enough, but terrible communication from VW, for which he apologised.
Hi Tim when did you order your Cali...if it was after mid August my 204 might be in the earlier batch although I have had no confirmation from VW.

Have any of you added your ordered vehicle to the 'My VW' section of your account (https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/my#/owners-and-drivers/my/add-car)?

Every time I put in my order number it just says "Order number xxxx cannot be found".

I thought there might be a lag in being able to do this but I'm not sure if this is the case or not? If there is a time lag can anyone remember how long it was before you could put your order number in successfully?
I think My VW at the order stage doesn't include commercial vehicles, including Cali vans.

Couldn't resist a weekly check on VW chat. 204ps Ocean 4Motion provisional build week moved up from Week 24 to Week 22(w/c May 31st). Also said - "can see that you've ordered the new 204 PS engine. We're expecting production for this engine to begin in week 6, this will start from 8th February 2021. I'd advise to check back with us on this date for any further updates"

@66tim99 Thanks for this. Just wondering when you ordered yours?
8 October 2020

Hi Tim when did you order your Cali...if it was after mid August my 204 might be in the earlier batch although I have had no confirmation from VW.
I ordered on 8 October so fingers crossed for you @JandA that you get a build week soon (between week 6, when I heard 204's begin to be built and week 14)

I wonder if the component shortages discussed here will also have an impact on spare parts/repairs/servicing? I know VW dealerships don’t carry a stock of parts other than those required for routine services.

Only works for Non-Commercial Vehicles. Unfortunately the California and Caravelle are lumped in with the Commercial side of things. Why? I have no idea.

I ordered on 8 October so fingers crossed for you @JandA that you get a build week soon (between week 6, when I heard 204's begin to be built and week 14)
I'm going to resist asking for a few weeks. Ordered last week of Nov - Build week 23 !

A distinct lack of news has VW switched off chat
ha ha, I think everyone (without build dates) are tired of the constant changing rollercoaster ride of conflicting information... So it's probably best just to wait until they release the confirmed dates - presumably week 6 commencing 8th Feb?! Thats my plan anyway...

Just trying not to obsess over it and hunker down for the long haul! As I see it, there are 3 choices......1)Wait..........2)Cancel.............3)pay retail price for something that probably doesn't tick all your personal boxes. Today I am number 1 !!!

ha ha, I think everyone (without build dates) are tired of the constant changing rollercoaster ride of conflicting information... So it's probably best just to wait until they release the confirmed dates - presumably week 6 commencing 8th Feb?! Thats my plan anyway...
Same, checked last week and it's still week 20, decided not to go there again for a month. And I think me and Stu@t are on the same timetable for that cycle of despair so that's at least two you won't hear from :D

Just trying not to obsess over it and hunker down for the long haul! As I see it, there are 3 choices......1)Wait..........2)Cancel.............3)pay retail price for something that probably doesn't tick all your personal boxes. Today I am number 1 !!!
And posting at the same time too haha.

Same here. I definitely won't cancel or go for a pre reg but its just a little frustrating realising that the order will take around twice as long as what we signed up to. The last I heard a week or so ago was a provisional build week 24, I ordered middle of Nov. I'm sure it'll be worth it, when it's eventually here!

It was off or busy for most of yesterday but I got through at about 5.30pm. Ours (a 150 Ocean) is at the port of exit so just wanted an idea of timing. Good luck to those waiting, ours will have taken around 5 months by the time we get it.

Checked on Monday - provisional Week 22 moved up from 24. Told to check back with them w/c March 8th, as everyone has suggested. Keep checking back on the forum hoping that someone with a 204 order has miraculously heard news that their car has a confirmed build date? Alas....

It was off or busy for most of yesterday but I got through at about 5.30pm. Ours (a 150 Ocean) is at the port of exit so just wanted an idea of timing. Good luck to those waiting, ours will have taken around 5 months by the time we get it.
What was you update please as ours is at port of exit too and released for shipping but we have been unable to get any update as chat been down when we tried

I've had really conflicting updates this week. VW chat tell me it's scheduled build in Mid-April, my dealer told me 2 days later that it's early Feb.

What was you update please as ours is at port of exit too and released for shipping but we have been unable to get any update as chat been down when we tried
They expected it to ship in the next few days, the van has been at the port for a week. Expectations are for delivery to the dealer mid-Feb

Rams66 has your just this week come from out of build ?

I'm going to resist asking for a few weeks. Ordered last week of Nov - Build week 23 !
How often is too often for checking vw chat ?! I'm waiting for mine to come out of build but so far resisting more than a weekly check

Rams66 has your just this week come from out of build ?
It arrived at the port on 21st Jan. I was told it went quickly from being completed to being shipped. It was a week 50 build so the production took a little longer than expected.

How often is too often for checking vw chat ?! I'm waiting for mine to come out of build but so far resisting more than a weekly check
It is worth checking. My Week 49 build left the factory on Tuesday so looks like they have released quite a few last week. I am checking every Friday but also get a regular updates from the dealer (thanks Tom ;))

Back