Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I think what was meant was selling 10/20/30 commercial vans not California’s as they are via the same dealers, only takes a order of 2 or more high line transporters and you are over the cost on one Ocean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, but one of the main revenue streams for dealers is servicing. A Fleet manager will not agree to half the costs that a private individual will happily absorb because a service manager advises need replacing / changing. So they still need the private sales.

Yes, but one of the main revenue streams for dealers is servicing. A Fleet manager will not agree to half the costs that a private individual will happily absorb because a service manager advises need replacing / changing. So they still need the private sales.
If I was service manager, I happy service fleet many vans, all parts and mechanic time is charge full price for many vans.

Fix 1 difficult repairing California, fussy customer, mechanics people must being careful not mark or damage nice inside California, working van more easy to work with not needing washing hands every time is touching inside!. 1 private California is big nuisance - is why some service centre to tell is fully book many weeks - really reason - they don't want fix California!

You are mention 70 80k cost to you. Real situation is you are small customer to Vw, only buy 1 Cali and you made are not buy another for some years.

To Vw you are not much important.

Is easier better business Vw selling 10, 30, 100+ vans - easier deal, much bigger moneys for Vw and not such time consuming as try sell you 1 California.

Is surprise Vw can bother with you for real life.
Yes...this sadly became quite clear ;)

You are mention 70 80k cost to you. Real situation is you are small customer to Vw, only buy 1 Cali and you made are not buy another for some years.

To Vw you are not much important.

Is easier better business Vw selling 10, 30, 100+ vans - easier deal, much bigger moneys for Vw and not such time consuming as try sell you 1 California.

Is surprise Vw can bother with you for real life.
Here in France, some customers take 12 year loans to pay for such a vehicle; thats massive personal expenditure for some families, and it deserves to be respected for what it is. If VW can't treat idividual customers appropriately, then they should not be in this segment. I promise you that Mercedes were all over me like a rash for the Marco Polo when they were aware that I may cancel my VW Cali order...

Here in France, some customers take 12 year loans to pay for such a vehicle; thats massive personal expenditure for some families, and it deserves to be respected for what it is. If VW can't treat idividual customers appropriately, then they should not be in this segment. I promise you that Mercedes were all over me like a rash for the Marco Polo when they were aware that I may cancel my VW Cali order...
Yes I know is expensive vehicle - I buy such a vehicle also this year.

You can understanding dealer prospect, you take much time, much to explain and is much easier for dealer sells 3 vans to 1 customer or 3 van for 3 customer - is less work than 1 California take many hours sell 1 car.

I don't know how is France but in uk dealers are independent business that are choose to sell Vw. They are not owned by Vw - only sell the products.

Is same is most McDonalds is independent franchise business they are selling McDonald product.
California is same is McDonald fish burger - take extra time, must make fresh each customer and is make delay other people. staff is not like fish burger.
More easy and faster sell 3 cheeseburger instead. (cheeseburger = van ).

Hi all
i saw a message on my phone asking for my Cali spec in this thread, but i cant see it with my laptop. I am still learning how the site works, so I appologise If I am not using it properly for now. The order form is filed, but here is the rough spec.

- California Coast standard French model (roof mechanism is electronic like the Ocean on the French version, i believe its manual in the UK, and electronic as an option) +
- Ascot grey
- Automatic DSG7, 150HP
- 4 Motion
- Reinforced suspension
- Diff Block
- Privacy Windows
- Wood panel like flooring in the style of the cupboards
- Rear view camera
- Standard wheels that are different to those on the UK models
- Black awning store
- Black protection thingies where you load the baggage
- Alarm system
- 5 year guarantee
- Some app simultaneously on the vehicle and my phone. Basically if its stolen, the App follows the Cali's whereabouts and informs me...me leaves home with a rifle...kidding :happy

I think thats it. I did not want the digital cockpit, I guess I like the old fashioned dials and what not. I did not take any advanced info centre or lane assist stuff, I was not interested enough to pay the additional cash for that.

Kind regards

and i saw another message about why did i forgive the salesman? I did because I think he realised he made a mistake, even though he has not clearly admitted it. I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt and not have a grudge, its too stressful to have an ongoing grudge and let it ruin the magic of the purchase. He made an effort to get my vehicle delivered earlier after that, and i think he will be more careful in the future, so i let it go :thumb

Hi all
i saw a message on my phone asking for my Cali spec in this thread, but i cant see it with my laptop. I am still learning how the site works, so I appologise If I am not using it properly for now. The order form is filed, but here is the rough spec.

- California Coast standard French model (roof mechanism is electronic like the Ocean on the French version, i believe its manual in the UK, and electronic as an option) +
- Ascot grey
- Automatic DSG7, 150HP
- 4 Motion
- Reinforced suspension
- Diff Block
- Privacy Windows
- Wood panel like flooring in the style of the cupboards
- Rear view camera
- Standard wheels that are different to those on the UK models
- Black awning store
- Black protection thingies where you load the baggage
- Alarm system
- 5 year guarantee
- Some app simultaneously on the vehicle and my phone. Basically if its stolen, the App follows the Cali's whereabouts and informs me...me leaves home with a rifle...kidding :happy

I think thats it. I did not want the digital cockpit, I guess I like the old fashioned dials and what not. I did not take any advanced info centre or lane assist stuff, I was not interested enough to pay the additional cash for that.

Kind regards
Congrats! I wanted a coast but they’re not imported to Spain. Looking at Feb 22 delivery for an Ocean ordered March 15th.

Nothing to add except your English is spectacular!

Will you get a preferential rate fir the Beach?
Seems from this forum there’s not much between dealers in terms of relationship with their customers. Yes Breeze gives you a weekly update, but saying what? They are all at the mercy of the factory...
If you can order a Beach at 2020 prices, plus some ‘goodwill’ (free options?), isn’t it worth swallowing the accident with your Ocean? After all I wouldn’t think ordering with another dealer will ensure it’s delivered any quicker...?
New Beach Camper order placed yesterday (through DrivetheDeal) with JCB Eurovans Crawley. Already a much more personable experience. Lots of friendly telephone calls and beautifully scanned paperwork. Expected delivery Q2 2022. Will have to alter my profile as the written off Ocean 4Motion idea is no more. Will miss the bi-weekly stalking of VW chat but sure to start pestering them again in the new year.

Hi - new member here. I have been patiently waiting for my Ocean delivery which did have a confirmed build week due to commence a week or so ago but as far as I know this didn’t actually happen. I’m guessing from what I’ve read on here it has been caught up with the recent factory shutdown. I ordered December so I really hope it will be with me soon!

Hi - new member here. I have been patiently waiting for my Ocean delivery which did have a confirmed build week due to commence a week or so ago but as far as I know this didn’t actually happen. I’m guessing from what I’ve read on here it has been caught up with the recent factory shutdown. I ordered December so I really hope it will be with me soon!
Hiya, ive got a confirmed build week 29 - getting mildly excited - but curious, how do you know your build hasn’t started?

Hiya, ive got a confirmed build week 29 - getting mildly excited - but curious, how do you know your build hasn’t started?

I was meant to be in build last week but the closure of the factory will have pushed that right, I haven’t checked or chased so I don’t get disappointed

I asked the dealer and also VW chat - although I try and avoid the latter! Dealer more helpful to be honest but even they don’t seem to be given much information from VW. I was so pleased after such a wait time to finally get a confirmed build status - and then another delay!

I was meant to be in build last week but the closure of the factory will have pushed that right, I haven’t checked or chased so I don’t get disappointed

Same position as you! Hopefully there will soon be some movement.

We were confirmed week 26 build. Got told by the dealer yesterday that it hadn’t started build yet, due to the shutdown, but that the factory would be running again from Monday so would hopefully only delay a couple of weeks

I asked the dealer and also VW chat - although I try and avoid the latter! Dealer more helpful to be honest but even they don’t seem to be given much information from VW. I was so pleased after such a wait time to finally get a confirmed build status - and then another delay!
Ah ok - I suddenly wanted to change the colour of my van and they said I couldn’t as it was confirmed which is fair enough but then I wondered if they’re delaying confirmed builds I wondered if that would give me an opportunity to change my colour? Don’t think it will though! My dealer still thinks I’m on track for a week 29 build so fingers crossed!

Ah ok - I suddenly wanted to change the colour of my van and they said I couldn’t as it was confirmed which is fair enough but then I wondered if they’re delaying confirmed builds I wondered if that would give me an opportunity to change my colour? Don’t think it will though! My dealer still thinks I’m on track for a week 29 build so fingers crossed!
I understand once you have a provisional build week, you can't change the spec.

Yeah you’re right once it’s confirmed you can’t change it, but is it still confirmed if it doesn’t happen then?

Yeah you’re right once it’s confirmed you can’t change it, but is it still confirmed if it doesn’t happen then?
If it is provisional it isn't confirmed. I have had 9 provisional build weeks. When the provisional build week doesn't materialise (you're lucky if you know why it's cancelled) there is a chance it goes back to Code 00 (assigned to factory order no production week scheduled) and you can then change spec. You should ensure your dealer knows that if your order goes 00, you want to know about it...

If it is provisional it isn't confirmed. I have had 9 provisional build weeks. When the provisional build week doesn't materialise (you're lucky if you know why it's cancelled) there is a chance it goes back to Code 00 (assigned to factory order no production week scheduled) and you can then change spec. You should ensure your dealer knows that if your order goes 00, you want to know about it...
Ah but the dealer says it’s confirmed week 29 and a previous poster had confirmed week 26 but no build yet! It doesn’t matter, I’ve waited this long, I was just hoping that as they may be delaying a confirmed build week, it may give me a chance to change the colour. Just plucking at straws!

Ah but the dealer says it’s confirmed week 29 and a previous poster had confirmed week 26 but no build yet! It doesn’t matter, I’ve waited this long, I was just hoping that as they may be delaying a confirmed build week, it may give me a chance to change the colour. Just plucking at straws!
No chance of a change now...but a van on the way! Congratulations.
Out of interest, what colour have you ordered and what did you want to change it to?

Has anyone managed to ascertain from an update whether the California factory is producing finished vehicles?

Week 25 - shut
Week 26 - shut?
Week 27 = ?
Week 28 = is Monday?

Cheers, SB

Back