Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Has anyone managed to ascertain from an update whether the California factory is producing finished vehicles?

Week 25 - shut
Week 26 - shut?
Week 27 = ?
Week 28 = is Monday?

Cheers, SB
It's been a fortnight since my dealer emailed to say they were closing for a week. And not heard from him since. Build week 20! So now 8 weeks into what is normally a 2 week process. :headbang

It's been a fortnight since my dealer emailed to say they were closing for a week. And not heard from him since. Build week 20! So now 8 weeks into what is normally a 2 week process. :headbang
So frustrating isn’t it. I struggle with the concept of the California factory being “closed”. For a company as profitable as VW you’d have a thought they would a have a skeleton operation trying to push through all the WIP vehicles at varying stages of completeness.

Hoping our status 30’s come soon!

Reading these posts with interest. Firstly, the build isn’t 2 weeks it’s a month If all goes well according the information I was given by my dealer. Roughly a week to prepare the ‘Transporter body’ for the California conversion. Then shipped off to another site for the interior conversion and finition. So from entering the first minutes of build to being shipped off to port, count roughly 6 weeks all being well. My understanding also, is that factory closures are in August, not in July, so I am perplexed by some of the information I read. I think several of our Cali’s hit the production line week 26, it was confirmed my side. Based upon that and factory closure, target delivery date is mid September, and a bonus is it arrives before :)

Firstly, the build isn’t 2 weeks it’s a month If all goes well according the information I was given by my dealer.
So from entering the first minutes of build to being shipped off to port, count roughly 6 weeks all being well.

Mine was 2 weeks from start of confirmed build week to arriving at port of departure, and collected from my dealer within 5 weeks. In line with what VW advertise , anything longer is delays not routine.

My understanding also, is that factory closures are in August, not in July, so I am perplexed by some of the information I read.
I think the closures being talked about are due to parts shortages and not scheduled. They are real and in the past and present not the future.

Unbelievable that others with a week 20 build are still waiting. Complete lottery. Hoping things get moving soon for you guys.

Mine was 2 weeks from start of confirmed build week to arriving at port of departure, and collected from my dealer within 5 weeks. In line with what VW advertise , anything longer is delays not routine.

I think the closures being talked about are due to parts shortages and not scheduled. They are real and in the past and present not the future.
Indeed, the semi-conductors and what not. Perhaps it was 2 weeks when yours was built, my dealer up front told me a month, and that part of the factory closes anyway for annual vacation in August. Personally I’ve thought large and settled it in my head that I won’t see my Cali before mid September, perhaps even October. I read in another post that a fully built Cali can be parked up for 2 months because a part is missing. I think the user mentioned lack of tow bars in his particular instance. Personally I have not booked my holidays, and won’t till I know it’s arrived in France.

kind regards
Thomas

Unbelievable that others with a week 20 build are still waiting. Complete lottery. Hoping things get moving soon for you guys.
Agreed, particularly as summer is here, customers want to make the most of the good weather and their investment in their combi, but seems increasingly can’t make solid delivery commitments with this vehicle :rolleyes:

I understand once you have a provisional build week, you can't change the spec.
Week 29? Which year? Just kidding :bananadance2
Good luck with that Tim, you will see, all our wait misery will dissipate the moment we go to pick up our new vehicles

kind regards

Our build was supposed to start on 14 June and was informed it would be a 2 week process. The ocean is still in production apparently. VW chat and the dealer are not able to give me any precise information about when it will complete. So frustrating….ordered 1st week Dec

Can anyone tell me what the interim stages are (and mean) between status 20 and status 30? Thanks.

Indeed, the semi-conductors and what not. Perhaps it was 2 weeks when yours was built, my dealer up front told me a month, and that part of the factory closes anyway for annual vacation in August. Personally I’ve thought large and settled it in my head that I won’t see my Cali before mid September, perhaps even October. I read in another post that a fully built Cali can be parked up for 2 months because a part is missing. I think the user mentioned lack of tow bars in his particular instance. Personally I have not booked my holidays, and won’t till I know it’s arrived in France.

kind regards
Thomas
Close for summer hols. FFS. They’ve had enough time off this year already.

She's on the way!!! - I've been watching all the factory closure updates on here anxiously, but am chuffed to hear via VW Chat that our Coast (ordered mid January) is on her way! Quote: "The vehicle is on board ship and en route to UK"...

Anyone else here on the same boat, or know any more details about what to expect now timewise for delivery? Also wondering if it's possible to track the ship (I don't know the boats name, any ideas?)

Great news!! LVC quoted us 7-10 days from port to dealer and I think ours was 8 or 9. Depending on how busy the workshop is the PDI can be done in a day and you're good to go!

She's on the way!!! - I've been watching all the factory closure updates on here anxiously, but am chuffed to hear via VW Chat that our Coast (ordered mid January) is on her way! Quote: "The vehicle is on board ship and en route to UK"...

Anyone else here on the same boat, or know any more details about what to expect now timewise for delivery? Also wondering if it's possible to track the ship (I don't know the boats name, any ideas?)

Yes you can track the ship. Do you know which port it is going to? If so, you can search for ro-ro ships going from Emden to that port, or just ask online chat what ship it is (I did, and they told me)

Great news!! LVC quoted us 7-10 days from port to dealer and I think ours was 8 or 9. Depending on how busy the workshop is the PDI can be done in a day and you're good to go!
Yes you can track the ship. Do you know which port it is going to? If so, you can search for ro-ro ships going from Emden to that port, or just ask online chat what ship it is (I did, and they told me)
Thanks itguy- I don’t know the port or name of the ship unfortunately.. I did ask VW chat but that info isn’t showing to them at the moment… I might give it another go tomorrow!

Thank you, fingers crossed not toooo much longer to go then

Fantastic news Mel:bananadance2

Thanks itguy- I don’t know the port or name of the ship unfortunately.. I did ask VW chat but that info isn’t showing to them at the moment… I might give it another go tomorrow!

Go for it - I was pestering them daily online.

Our van took a week to go from being at Grimsby to Stratford (where our dealer does all PDI stuff). It is there now and about to be moved to Coventry for us, where we are picking it up from on the 19th. We could have had it sooner but we are on holiday at the moment.

I have just been informed by VW chat summer leave at the factory is the first 2/3 weeks of August.

My week 26 build held up by parts shortages could get mixed up in that at this rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all. So we took the plunge earlier in the year, threw caution to the wind, ignored the eye-watering price tag and ordered a T6.1 California a couple of weeks before lock-down from VW vans (Liverpool). Since then there have been a number of delays and further delays in the delivery date. Apparently VW (Germany) cannot give any firm build and delivery dates. It appears that when it is built it receives a chassis number and then its progress to the dealer can be tracked. We were originally given mid-May for delivery to the dealer which included 4 weeks from issue of chassis number to delivery to the dealer. Since then we have had several revisions to the predicted delivery date, the latest being end of July / beginning of August which is perilously close to the issue of new registrations on 1st September. Apparently the time from issue of chassis number to delivery to the dealer, 8 weeks is now being quoted not the previous 4 weeks. According to the dealer VW are not giving even any rough indications of build completions or delivery to dealer. Come on VW (Germany), where is the communication with the dealer and customer service here. It can't be that difficult to work out and convey this information. You are leaving customers in limbo and causing worry. The news may not be good but at least communicate it so people can plan / cancel camp sites or even cancel the order. After all by September 1st the season is nearly over. I wondered if anyone else is having similar experiences? Kind regards, David and Helen.
Hi, I ordered a 6.1 on the 8th January this year and Told 5 months for delivery. I have now just been informed we are down for build week 9 2022, the end of February but that can change plus delivery. Will we ever get it. I have bought another vehicle to put me on till it arrives.
Regards, Peter and Sue

Thank you, fingers crossed not toooo much longer to go then
We're in the same boat (could be literally) - was informed via VW chat this morning that our ocean is literally on the ocean: "I can confirm that your order was put on the MALACCA HIGHWAY ship yesterday. It usually takes 2 to 3 days to arrive at the UK port. The UK port of Sheerness is the next destination for your order". Ordered late November, build week 2021.
You must be so excited!

Hi all. So we took the plunge earlier in the year, threw caution to the wind, ignored the eye-watering price tag and ordered a T6.1 California a couple of weeks before lock-down from VW vans (Liverpool). Since then there have been a number of delays and further delays in the delivery date. Apparently VW (Germany) cannot give any firm build and delivery dates. It appears that when it is built it receives a chassis number and then its progress to the dealer can be tracked. We were originally given mid-May for delivery to the dealer which included 4 weeks from issue of chassis number to delivery to the dealer. Since then we have had several revisions to the predicted delivery date, the latest being end of July / beginning of August which is perilously close to the issue of new registrations on 1st September. Apparently the time from issue of chassis number to delivery to the dealer, 8 weeks is now being quoted not the previous 4 weeks. According to the dealer VW are not giving even any rough indications of build completions or delivery to dealer. Come on VW (Germany), where is the communication with the dealer and customer service here. It can't be that difficult to work out and convey this information. You are leaving customers in limbo and causing worry. The news may not be good but at least communicate it so people can plan / cancel camp sites or even cancel the order. After all by September 1st the season is nearly over. I wondered if anyone else is having similar experiences? Kind regards, David and Helen.

Back