Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I’m Absolutely gutted.

If a van goes in for a service, do they need to operate the roof at all? Is that part of a service?
No it's not. Nothing on the camping side of things is part of any service schedule.

No it's not. Nothing on the camping side of things is part of any service schedule.
Thank goodness! I don't want then touching anything unless I ask them to. Thanks WG

If a van goes in for a service, do they need to operate the roof at all? Is that part of a service?

The roof had been raised on mine during a service. They would need to raise it to check the van properly for corrosion.

(The dealer left the van in the car park with the canvas sticking out the front of the roof).

Last edited:
The roof had been raised on mine during a service. They would need to raise it to check the van properly for corrosion.

(The dealer left the van in the car park with the canvas sticking out the front of the roof).
That was the Workshop recall for pre 2019 vehicles, I think, not part of a normal service schedule

Latest update...
After a close examination of the roof panel they decided the best thing would be to take the whole roof off, planish out any dents and ripples and completely respray the complete roof.
Then fit the brand new canvas.
To be honest although it was their fault they really have gone out of their way to keep me happy.
Just as well it happened now and not at the start of the season.

Excellent news. Sounds like you’ll end up with ‘betterment’ without a bill!

Back