Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from the North West!

CaliCrazy

CaliCrazy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just wanted to say hi. I've actually owned 2 Cali's; a silver 09 one and now a 12 grey one. I admit that I'm twitching to get a new T6 one but it'll be a couple of years yet! Totally adore my van and the lifestyle it offers. Not quite sure why I've never joined this forum before?! Anyway, hi to all and hope to get myself to one of your meets.

Welcome to the Forum.

Are you blighted by the dreaded roof corrosion?

Welcome! I'm also NW based, blue Berghaus edition :thumb

Hi and welcome ,
saw your first post in the bollardgate , nice you took the time to introduce yourself.
Nice nickname btw. thought thatone was taken by now....:D
Guess we all are "calicrazy" ...some even obsessed!

Nice welcome. Thanks. Actually, van is going in tomorrow for an airbag error code and also I have a bubble of rust on the roof but near the back corner. Just out of warranty. Typical.

Welcome, and good news I think because you (I'm pretty sure) have 6 years warranty on the roof corrosion issues!

Nice welcome. Thanks. Actually, van is going in tomorrow for an airbag error code and also I have a bubble of rust on the roof but near the back corner. Just out of warranty. Typical.
Had the error code recently on my Touran and Local VW kindly reset it whilst doing Cambelt. Random error and not come back....yet. Will reset myself now with Carista.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

welcome from the NW also! On the first day with my new T6 in the Chester area, I must have seen five Calis (Silver, Sand Beige, Natural grey...)! unbelievable. Obviously lots up here!

Not rust, as the roof is Aluminium Alloy, and is in fact Galvanic Corrosion.
This is known by VW who have extended the Warranty on the roof to 6 YEARS.
Therefore this will be covered so DO NOT be FOBBED OFF by the Dealer.
Get them to take photographs and lodge a claim. There is a long list as the repairs are only done at a handful of specially trained workshops and could take upto 2 years to be repaired, a repair that can cost in excess of £4000 / vehicle. Get the dealer to check the front section carefully and also the elevating section by removing the push on rubber seal all around.

Welcome from another NorthWester :thumb

Blimey dude! Let him settle in first ;)

Welcome CaliCrazy. Enjoy the forum
I know of a California owner, who wasn't a member of the Forum, who bought a 2011 vehicle and had booked it into a body shop to get a small patch of roof "rust" sorted as it was out of warranty.
Only trying to help, and it seems I was right and he can now bring the matter up with the Dealer and get it properly sorted as the previous owner hadn't bothered.:thumb

Wow, there's a few Norwesters out there! Welcome from another one :thumb

I know of a California owner, who wasn't a member of the Forum, who bought a 2011 vehicle and had booked it into a body shop to get a small patch of roof "rust" sorted as it was out of warranty.
Only trying to help, and it seems I was right and he can now bring the matter up with the Dealer and get it properly sorted as the previous owner hadn't bothered.:thumb

Hey Welshgas. Only teasing :cool:

I know you were only trying to help. I've read a lot of your posts on here and been helped by many myself (for which I should add...thank you)

Just letting CaliCrazy know that, along with the serious stuff, we're also able to have a bit of fun :)

L

And another North Wester! Welcome!

Welcome from another North Wester although not for long as we're off to Cambridgeshire in the summer.