Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Wales.

S

sue4campervan

Hi! We are 2 "retirees" who have just bought a new California SE 140 DSG, which I've named "Mama Cass" (in recognition of our old hippie - camping-days) - but WHAT an upgrade. We definitely feel we're in the "champagne-lifestyle" now! We've only had her for 12 days but have been out on many day-trips (not "camped-out" yet) and still enjoying all the refined touches. Off to the MMM show at the NEC in October and prob spending a bit more!?! Looking forward to many trips around our lovely West Wales and Pembrokeshire as well as the rest of the UK and to revisiting our old camping trips to France and Spain , but in much improved comfort! We plan to go "GLAMPING" in our "C(H)AMPERVAN" - with bubbly of course!!! Sue & Eric.

PS. How many more owners "humanise" our van with a name?

She even has a name badge that someone made for her.

file.jpg

Welcome ;)

Hello and welcome Mama Cass, every journey is a joy in our Olive, enjoy your adventures :)

Welcome Sue - there's a few Welsh Cali's about - including ours - called Ruby!

Have fun in yours

Martin

I'm debating calling ours Doris after my Grandma who died recently. She left me some money in her will and that is going towards our new purchase...but can't decide whether it is a bit sacrilegious to name it after her, or whether (as intended) it makes me think of her every time I drive it...

Not sacriligous at all. A lovely way to remember her. My sister has a caravan called Lady Penelope, after our sister Penny who was taken from us 2 years ago and our Mother (last year)who named a duck at Fishguard harbour Lady. The name reminds us of happy holidays with them both. Enjoy!

Hi Sue and Eric, haven't really thought about naming it yet although we do refer to it as Sleepy. I'm based in N Pembs so if you see a blue Cali around any of the beaches (I'm usually out paddling once or twice a week year round) with a large yellow sea kayak perched on top come and say hi.
regards keith

Back