Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello all, interesting day today.....

I was going for a black one although having a black car and knowing what a pita that can be it may have changed, the one in question is starlight blue but have only seen it on a panel van so far, looked ok to me though and for the saving in waiting time I'm more than happy to compromise

I think a Cali looks great in Starlight blue, very classy and understated. I'd certainly prefer it to black, which can look tired after a few years and as you say, is a pain to look after.

I was going for a black one although having a black car and knowing what a pita that can be it may have changed, the one in question is starlight blue but have only seen it on a panel van so far, looked ok to me though and for the saving in waiting time I'm more than happy to compromise

Starlight blue is lovely. If / when I order again that will be the colour.

Where to start.....

Has a tendency to hit the wheelarch. Mine has had most of the parts replaced for the door so a "Triggers Broom". Spent the last year with a sub-standard door and about 25days+ in the dealership. VW has finally fitted a new motor, guide, rails and powerlatching. Door seems to be working again. For how long?

However its hit the wheel arch again so will this will need repainting, again. Apparently there are a few manufacturers of the candy white paint so "matching" is a surprisingly difficult even with blending the paint across the side door.

All lighter vans seems to have a difference between these panels in certain lights. Hard to explain.

I have checked mine and it opens and closes and is no where near the wheel arch it did play up one day I was at the dealer but stopped half way and reopened but then worked ok , I also have power locking which seems to pull the door in both sides so I wonder if the T6 has a different arrangement
I have noticed that as a power latching door cant open and close manually and could force the limit spots if you man handle the door so I let it do its own thing so I open the door close the roof and close door from switch on the dash

Where to start.....

Has a tendency to hit the wheelarch. Mine has had most of the parts replaced for the door so a "Triggers Broom". Spent the last year with a sub-standard door and about 25days+ in the dealership. VW has finally fitted a new motor, guide, rails and powerlatching. Door seems to be working again. For how long?

However its hit the wheel arch again so will this will need repainting, again. Apparently there are a few manufacturers of the candy white paint so "matching" is a surprisingly difficult even with blending the paint across the side door.

All lighter vans seems to have a difference between these panels in certain lights. Hard to explain.

Interesting - wonder if they changed something in the sliding door mechanism between the T5 and T6. Had no issues with ours on our T6 Ocean - apart from the beeping which probably disturbs our neighbours!

Hello there, I'm Ian and I've been contemplating a camper for a few years now and am finally in the position to get it done.

It'll be me, the wife and our 7 month old daughter to be having all the fun and adventures so really looking forward to ownership.

Been reading the forum for a bit now which helped massively with spec, what to expect deal wise etc..

Walked into my local VW centre today to ask a couple of questions, took my spec with me and thought may as well get quoted up whilst there, I'm looking at an Ocean 204 4 motion DSG.

What I didn't expect however were the prices quoted!

List price for my own personal spec is 70665, they will do it for 62490 (long wait though of up to 9 months and that's not taking into account the fact the factory aren't taking orders for 204 4 motion DSG's), it also turns out they have another in the same dealer group which is physical stock, has pretty much everything I wanted and a bit more, has a list of 72267 and can be mine in a month (2 months if I want a 67 plate) for 64490. Only difference really is colour and wheels, both of which aren't deal breakers for me.

The catch is these would both be registered by the dealer as a demo, kept for a month and I'm assured they'd be in a compound with no one messing about with them, and only have delivery miles, I'm not too troubled at all about being second registered owner.

All seemed pretty good to me as for that kind of discount I expected to be travelling the country to get one!

Thought I'd run that through here to see what people thought

Hi Ian - welcome to the forum. I certainly wouldn't have any issues with getting an ex-demo for a decent discount, as long as you've got the main options you want then all is good!

We ended up jumping the queue and taking an order that somebody else had cancelled which was about to be built - so only 2 months wait for us, and all the spec we wanted - and things we didn't know we wanted but we definitely love having now, e.g. electric sliding door. Best purchase ever!

I think a Cali looks great in Starlight blue, very classy and understated. I'd certainly prefer it to black, which can look tired after a few years and as you say, is a pain to look after.
I liked what I saw today but just on a Penelope van, from what I've seen online the chrome pack looks really nice against the blue and it has that on it so here's hoping!

I liked it from what I saw today, I'll post up a pic when I see it in person :thumb
We nearly went for Starlight blue, but the price was spiralling out of control, so we opted for white in the end. Still happy. Could do with some flowery decals, imo, but husband is less keen ...!

Hi Ian - welcome to the forum. I certainly wouldn't have any issues with getting an ex-demo for a decent discount, as long as you've got the main options you want then all is good!

We ended up jumping the queue and taking an order that somebody else had cancelled which was about to be built - so only 2 months wait for us, and all the spec we wanted - and things we didn't know we wanted but we definitely love having now, e.g. electric sliding door. Best purchase ever!
Thank you for the reply, I'm really liking the fact I could be running around within a month (not fussed at all about the extra month for a 67 plate) the van had everything I asked for except reversing camera and shower connection but also had options I had considered luxury's and hadn't put down so it's ideal really :cheers

I liked what I saw today but just on a Penelope van, from what I've seen online the chrome pack looks really nice against the blue and it has that on it so here's hoping!

It'll look even better with the chrome pack, it really works against a darker colour. Mine (Iridium grey) has it and it looks excellent (must look up how to post photos..!).

We nearly went for Starlight blue, but the price was spiralling out of control, so we opted for white in the end. Still happy. Could do with some flowery decals, imo, but husband is less keen ...!
Haha! I have to say I'm with him in that one :embarrased

It'll look even better with the chrome pack, it really works against a darker colour. Mine (Iridium grey) has it and it looks excellent (must look up how to post photos..!).
Haha, was meant to say panel van! Pleased to hear the chrome pack looks good, I've only seen it in pictures and thought it set it off a treat

Thank you for the reply, I'm really liking the fact I could be running around within a month (not fussed at all about the extra month for a 67 plate) the van had everything I asked for except reversing camera and shower connection but also had options I had considered luxury's and hadn't put down so it's ideal really :cheers

So the shower option was something our original orderer had specced - in 9ish months we haven't used it once, not even to hose down the dog! Reversing cam would be useful, but I'd say not essential once you're used to the size of the van, and aftermarket solutions are available if required.

So the shower option was something our original orderer had specced - in 9ish months we haven't used it once, not even to hose down the dog! Reversing cam would be useful, but I'd say not essential once you're used to the size of the van, and aftermarket solutions are available if required.
That's good to hear about the shower, I did wonder but seemed one of those things that may come in handy. The camera was just a nice to have option, to be fair I'm used to larger vehicles so shouldn't be an issue at all, the main things in the list have all been ticked so I'm very happy with that. :thumb

Hmm. Maybe it's a chick thing. I do, however, have much bunting and some fairy lights and cushions, throws and rugs. It's not as bad as it sounds, honest ...!
Talking to my wife tonight fairy lights were mentioned almost immediately so that means it will happen! I can live with that though :happy

Haha, was meant to say panel van! Pleased to hear the chrome pack looks good, I've only seen it in pictures and thought it set it off a treat

Ha, I meant Indium grey of course! Yes, it sets it off very well and I'm sure will look fantastic against Starlight. I was sceptical when I heard mine had the chrome pack as I don't like bling, but it looks just right.

IMG_0018.JPG

shower in rear is now standard since march I was told and you may be lucky have a look in middle of top of number plate you may be lucky I was

My side door worked fine* for its first year.

I have asked the question regarding if the replacement part has been upgraded. Politically ignored. The action was compared closely with a T6 California before finally deciding to replace the motor, rail and centre hinge. I do now have more clearance so have a degree of confidence going forward. Will it wear out in a year? Fingers crossed.

*occasionally it would have a hissy fit.

My side door worked fine* for its first year.

I have asked the question regarding if the replacement part has been upgraded. Politically ignored. The action was compared closely with a T6 California before finally deciding to replace the motor, rail and centre hinge. I do now have more clearance so have a degree of confidence going forward. Will it wear out in a year? Fingers crossed.

*occasionally it would have a hissy fit.
Part numbers seem to be the same.

Back