Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello all, interesting day today.....

Hello there, I'm Ian and I've been contemplating a camper for a few years now and am finally in the position to get it done.

It'll be me, the wife and our 7 month old daughter to be having all the fun and adventures so really looking forward to ownership.

Been reading the forum for a bit now which helped massively with spec, what to expect deal wise etc..

Walked into my local VW centre today to ask a couple of questions, took my spec with me and thought may as well get quoted up whilst there, I'm looking at an Ocean 204 4 motion DSG.

What I didn't expect however were the prices quoted!

Two options available, either order new and wait 9 months or compromise on colour and have it within a month, both at great prices though ;)

The catch is these would both be registered by the dealer as a demo, kept for a month and I'm assured they'd be in a compound with no one messing about with them, and only have delivery miles, I'm not too troubled at all about being second registered owner.

All seemed pretty good to me as for that kind of discount I expected to be travelling the country to get one!

Thought I'd run that through here to see what people thought
We took a Demonstrator and are very happy with it but then it was the spec and colour we wanted. Not so sure about the 1 month thing though. I think the VW rule is that the dealer must keep it for 90 days. We bought our Golf the same way too and the 90 days was how long they had to have had that as well. Fortunately we saw this Ocean 2 days after the dealer took delivery of it and it stayedin the showroom under cover for the 90 Days.

Hello there, I'm Ian and I've been contemplating a camper for a few years now and am finally in the position to get it done.

It'll be me, the wife and our 7 month old daughter to be having all the fun and adventures so really looking forward to ownership.

Been reading the forum for a bit now which helped massively with spec, what to expect deal wise etc..

Walked into my local VW centre today to ask a couple of questions, took my spec with me and thought may as well get quoted up whilst there, I'm looking at an Ocean 204 4 motion DSG.

What I didn't expect however were the prices quoted!

Two options available, either order new and wait 9 months or compromise on colour and have it within a month, both at great prices though ;)

The catch is these would both be registered by the dealer as a demo, kept for a month and I'm assured they'd be in a compound with no one messing about with them, and only have delivery miles, I'm not too troubled at all about being second registered owner.

All seemed pretty good to me as for that kind of discount I expected to be travelling the country to get one!

Thought I'd run that through here to see what people thought
We also bought ours as a demo with 16 miles on it. The dealership tucked it away until they racked up the 3 months required by VW. NEVER looked back and that was April 2015.

Looks fabulous in that colour, congrats. You'll be counting the days, hoping for an Indian summer!

Back