Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric hookup on T6 beach

S

Steve Barrand

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Evening all. I'm on the brink of ordering either a Beach or an Ocean. Amongst all of the factors that I'm thinking about is the the electric hookup. I can't find confirmation that there is one on the new Beach. I know that there is a 230v socket in the van but I'm not sure whether or not there is a hookup outside as standard. Can anyone help?

Thanks folks.

If there is a 230v socket in the Van, then there should be a Mains Input socket on the outside.

Thanks Welshgas. I did think that myself but I've read conflicting info that suggests that 230v socket only works if you've got an inverter fitted? Not sue what to think?

The 220v mains adaptor and inverter is there as option on a T6 beach i think.
On the T5 it was not possible , not even as option only DIY.
Those owning a beach will correct me if wrong.

Corrected myself ....look a few posts lower;)

Last edited:
So no electrical hookup on the beach then, hotel California?

Evening all. I'm on the brink of ordering either a Beach or an Ocean. Amongst all of the factors that I'm thinking about is the the electric hookup. I can't find confirmation that there is one on the new Beach. I know that there is a 230v socket in the van but I'm not sure whether or not there is a hookup outside as standard. Can anyone help?

Thanks folks.
There's definitely an electric hook up as standard on every t6 beach.

Yes seems there is ....
My mistake above
Been checking out the brochure
Hard to read ( blurry when enlarged)
Left colom / interiuer

image.png

Thanks Hotel California. Just got to choose between an Ocean or a Beach now. These are the vans I've specced up. Any thoughts?

image.png image.png

They are two so diffrent Cali's .
You need to work out for yourself witch wil be the main purpose you wil use it for .
Most chosing the beach becose they want extra seatings and/or more space to carry bikes,boats,surfboards.
Those going for a Ocean wil love it for the standard provided tools ( kitchenette, warderobes,heater,....)

We already have a caravan which we keep on a seasonal pitch. We're looking for a a van which we can use for occasional weekend use in the winter when the caravan is closed. This will probably involve mainly me and the dog heading for a surf (save getting changed outside in the cold!) but also a couple of weekends as a family of three.

I'm also looking to use it as my main car as I'll be trading in my 2015 Evoque.

We already have a caravan which we keep on a seasonal pitch. We're looking for a a van which we can use for occasional weekend use in the winter when the caravan is closed. This will probably involve mainly me and the dog heading for a surf (save getting changed outside in the cold!) but also a couple of weekends as a family of three.

I have an SE that I use as my Daily Driver. Averaging 20,000 miles/ year . We use it for everything.

The Beach comes standard with 230 outside in uk, but not in the rest of europe. There is a 230 outlet inside as well, but no inverter. It is only live when hooked up.
We chose the beach for the much better rear sets since my children and their friends will go with us. Such a large car with only room for three passengers (4-motion) makes little sence in our current position. Further, we like the bottom bed as wide as possible (Beach much wider) since we are two large adults sleeping there. When our children have left us I might get an ocean :)
Heater can be specced the same as on the ocean, although not standard.

How do you find camping in your Beach, Kave? Do you miss not having the storage and kitchenette?

How do you find camping in your Beach, Kave? Do you miss not having the storage and kitchenette?
We are camping in it every weekend since I got it mid august. From someone who camped in a tent once a year its great. I have bought a 20£ Gas hob which I can use inside on the table or outside.
I store most kitchen stuff in the rear in large plastic boxes and we use these outside under the awning. At the moment I dont miss it at all, I know I would be missing the large bed more.

I keep getting tempted to buy one, but there's nothing I actually need an inverter for

There's an awful lot of things in life like that :rolleyes:

Beach. Love mine, for a daily driver I sold my previous van with (unused) kitchen & gas bottle.

Well, I've ordered the beach! Paid my £1000 deposit and now just have to wait! So excited I feel like I'm 10 again!!

Back