Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach without hookup socket

BTW the dealer is now suggesting 43.5 k and throws in a genuine rear bike rack as well.

How does the offer sound now<

Unless you are specifically looking for a Lhd Beach there are better value and specced Beaches for sale on this forum.
Anything specific in mind? Im looking at classifieds here, most offers are beyond my price bracket.

It can be exasperating searching for a cali and budgets can quickly go out of the window. Take a breath consider the work it needs like body work, wheel refurb, paint correction and maybe brake disc's, this could easily run into well over a grand. Also consider if the van suits your needs for example is no hook up a concern. Also is 4Mo a must as you will be paying extra for it. If it doesn't add up then try to be patient, there will be other opportunities. It is a huge amount of money to spend! Ensure you spend it wisely.

BTW the dealer is now suggesting 43.5 k and throws in a genuine rear bike rack as well.

How does the offer sound now<
I'd check the 2015/2016 price list but I suspect that's more than it cost when new.

It's a bit scruffy and has been sat on his forecourt for months.

I'm sure there's a deal to be done but I'd be asking him to sharpen his pencil.

Ask him what it owes him. I can't imagine he's got a queue of buyers lined up.

I think a Beach Tour could or would have a leisure battery if the auxiliary heater is ordered? I am not 100% sure, but think that usually adds a leisure battery with it?
Yes - my tour is have camping heater - I think is why vw must build leisure battery driving heater and camping lights when it main motor rest.

In Euroland there are lots of Beaches without hook up, they also
have a few different power outputs - 84 PS, 102 PS, 114 PS, 150 PS and 204 PS.

Seeing that it has cobwebs on it I would offer 36k and walk away.

As a daily driver in the UK I would stay away from a LHD vehicle. Passing another vehicle on country roads you need to pull out all the way before you see oncoming traffic, judging the distance to oncoming traffic (especially at night) on narrow lanes, entering/exiting parking garages the ticket machines on the passenger side... not ideal. Consider also a vehicle that isn't allow in many city centres due to older emission standard.
On Autotrader I see a nicely specced 2017 Beach in Essex that has 51000mi with EUR6 for £43000, 7 seater with kitchen pod and hookup that looks better than the one you're considering.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...y-option=on&radius=1500&sort=relevance&page=1

Anything specific in mind? Im looking at classifieds here, most offers are beyond my price bracket.
Well there is a 17 plate rhd 150hp for the same money also 2 other Beaches 17/18 reg good specs dsg, heater etc for around 3k more. All have hookup etc. Far better than the one you are looking at tbh. Then there's Autotrader.co.uk ads. Don't rush into buying a lemon.

Most EU spec Beach do not come with the EHU, needs to be specc’d. Leisure battery will be under drivers seat. The salesman in the video doesn’t know his stuff else he would have shown you the upgraded dash compared to UK beach, as well as integrated window blinds in the front, neither is a UK option.

Most of the issues look cosmetic, 4Motion is pretty standard in Europe. Given the cosmetic damage and the niche nature of this in the UK, low ball the dealer. Parking heater if not included is 2k and EHU can be added so neither is a show stopper. It’s not like there are going to be lots of people queuing up to buy this so end of the month, they will do a deal.

As a daily driver in the UK I would stay away from a LHD vehicle. Passing another vehicle on country roads you need to pull out all the way before you see oncoming traffic, judging the distance to oncoming traffic (especially at night) on narrow lanes, entering/exiting parking garages the ticket machines on the passenger side... not ideal. Consider also a vehicle that isn't allow in many city centres due to older emission standard.
On Autotrader I see a nicely specced 2017 Beach in Essex that has 51000mi with EUR6 for £43000, 7 seater with kitchen pod and hookup that looks better than the one you're considering.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109046994813?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&model=CALIFORNIA&aggregatedTrim=Beach&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=gu212aa&make=VOLKSWAGEN&include-delivery-option=on&radius=1500&sort=relevance&page=1
This is already reserved, due to be delivered this Saturday. If not, I'm in the queue for it...

Well there is a 17 plate rhd 150hp for the same money also 2 other Beaches 17/18 reg good specs dsg, heater etc for around 3k more. All have hookup etc. Far better than the one you are looking at tbh. Then there's Autotrader.co.uk ads. Don't rush into buying a lemon.
You might be right here. Tbh, DSG is a disadvantage for me, I love manual cars -- and one less thing that might fail...

You might be right here. Tbh, DSG is a disadvantage for me, I love manual cars -- and one less thing that might fail...
Our first T6 was a manual. It was very good.

They changed the rules towards the end of 2017 (something to do with emissions) and on our second order they withdrew the manual transmission for a while, so we spec'd the flappy paddles on our replacement that was DSG.

This option gives the best of both worlds. I'd definitely recommend it.

I just checked the German brochure for the 2016 Calis -- the auxiliary heater is standard in Oceans but not for Beaches. Will have to see if this particular example has it or not... But probably it doesn't.

Looks like you would also have to buy the multiflex board if planning to sleep downstairs

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...y-option=on&radius=1500&sort=relevance&page=1

As someone who’s driven LHD (&RHD) daily in the UK for many years, I strongly disagree.

I’m not sure how sitting on the left would effect one’s judgement on the distance of oncoming traffic, at all.

Honestly, LHD is daunting for maybe the first 10 minutes, then you’re used to it., but tbh, so is a Cali for some people anyway, when switching from a ‘regular’ car.

I’m not recommending this Cali or LHD over RHD in a RHD country but I am saying, don’t let it put you off if you see what you want and the wheel’s on the other side, especially if you holiday in Euro-land.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As someone who’s driven LHD (&RHD) daily in the UK for many years, I strongly disagree.

I’m not sure how sitting on the left would effect one’s judgement on the distance of oncoming traffic, at all.

Honestly, LHD is daunting for maybe the first 10 minutes, then you’re used to it., but tbh, so is a Cali for some people anyway, when switching from a ‘regular’ car.

I’m not recommending this Cali or LHD over RHD in a RHD country but I am saying, don’t let it put you off if you see what you want and the wheel’s on the other side, especially if you holiday in Euro-land.

Reversing the concept, I could see myself getting a RHD vehicle in Europe as long as it wasn't my daily drive, say a Spitfire for a Sunday drive. Eventually I might even stop grabbing for the door handle instead of the gear lever. If you were going to use a Cali mostly for holidays, then it would even be an advantage after crossing the channel.
As a daily driver I'm not seeing it? Pulling out into the opposing lane to overtake someone when you can't see oncoming traffic until you're already in the lane? Having to lean across the cab to pull a ticket from a parking machine is just inconvenient, but still...
How do insurance companies treat LHD vehicles? Same as RHD or do they see it as a higher risk?

Reversing the concept, I could see myself getting a RHD vehicle in Europe as long as it wasn't my daily drive, say a Spitfire for a Sunday drive. Eventually I might even stop grabbing for the door handle instead of the gear lever. If you were going to use a Cali mostly for holidays, then it would even be an advantage after crossing the channel.
As a daily driver I'm not seeing it? Pulling out into the opposing lane to overtake someone when you can't see oncoming traffic until you're already in the lane? Having to lean across the cab to pull a ticket from a parking machine is just inconvenient, but still...
How do insurance companies treat LHD vehicles? Same as RHD or do they see it as a higher risk?

No different treatment as far as I can tell on the insurance front. Yes the leaning over to get a ticket is a pain but I can’t remember the last time I tried a risky overtake in a Cali and tbh you’re pretty high up so have decent visibility. Many people think it’s more daunting than it actually is but I get it’s just not for everyone.

Getting out kerbside is nice.

No different treatment as far as I can tell on the insurance front. Yes the leaning over to get a ticket is a pain but I can’t remember the last time I tried a risky overtake in a Cali and tbh you’re pretty high up so have decent visibility. Many people think it’s more daunting than it actually is but I get it’s just not for everyone.

Getting out kerbside is nice.

That's true, I wasn't taking into account the greater hight of a cali.

Back