Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Delivery Dates

Hurrah, just had email to say ours was on the boat that arrived yesterday :bananadance

VW transport company couldn't cope with the new march registration 14 plate demand,so VW have brought in Stobarts to clear the backlog,they quote a maximum of 10 days but could be as quick as 3 days :D

dayslikethis said:
dayslikethis said:
Progress report. Mine is now at dealers awaiting DVLA paperwork. Looking good for next week :clap
Thanks Oli for your initial help on directing my purchase!

Still waiting on DVLA - they've closed al their local offices so all docs must be posted to Swansea :headbang

For anyone who is following my saga, my new DSG 180 has been sitting at the dealers for quite a while now. The dealers are attempting to register it and whilst I was first due to collect on 24th April due to a delay by DVLA this was put back to 30th April. Guess what DVLA are still saying they have yet to process the forms. Given the fact that I need not only my new van but also the original registration forms to export to the Balkans where I work, and its a Bank Holiday next Monday - its quite possible I'll have to fly back without it on this occasion. Absolute nightmare. :headbang

Sorry to hear things aren't going as planned. It must be very frustrating. I hope they get it sorted for you soon.

Thanks Looby - I've decided to head off to Liverpool tomorrow on the off chance that DVLA will have allocated a number by then, I shall keep you posted! In any event I will have my handover tour.

What a difference a day makes!!!
Decided to travel to VW Vans Liverpool today to see my new van on the off chance that DVLA had sent the paperwork required for release. On arrival I was informed that the paperwork hadn't arrived and that they would deliver the vehicle to me when it did. A tour of the van was the only option. It was then discovered that the papers had arrived in the admin section and I was ready to go. Payment made, insurance obtained and a fantastic 150 miles drive through mid Wales to Pembrokeshire, I am so please, its been such along wait. Therefore I am now the very proud over of a top of the range Cali with all sorts of gadgets. The drive was very comfortable and quiet and of course the height was great being able to see over hedges. I had been driven to Liverpool in a friends BMW and I can honestly say the Cali was a softer ride.I've plenty of reading to do and will report back in due course. At the moment my 510 Sat Nav doesn't show my street - which has existed for years - more reading required. The bluetooth phone sync is just perfect. Little extras like the LED flashlight behind the drivers seat and even a small flash which plugs/charges into the cigarette lighter. Once I discover how to upload an image on this site I'll post a photo of my Cali before I go GalaVANting :bananadance

I need to add that the pre sale contact and handover by Chris at VW Vans Liverpool was excellent.

That's great news, you sound chuffed to bits. Have a fab time with your new Cali :clap

Congratulations the Cali sounds great :thumb

dayslikethis said:
What a difference a day makes!!!
Decided to travel to VW Vans Liverpool today to see my new van on the off chance that DVLA had sent the paperwork required for release. On arrival I was informed that the paperwork hadn't arrived and that they would deliver the vehicle to me when it did. A tour of the van was the only option. It was then discovered that the papers had arrived in the admin section and I was ready to go. Payment made, insurance obtained and a fantastic 150 miles drive through mid Wales to Pembrokeshire, I am so please, its been such along wait. Therefore I am now the very proud over of a top of the range Cali with all sorts of gadgets. The drive was very comfortable and quiet and of course the height was great being able to see over hedges. I had been driven to Liverpool in a friends BMW and I can honestly say the Cali was a softer ride.I've plenty of reading to do and will report back in due course. At the moment my 510 Sat Nav doesn't show my street - which has existed for years - more reading required. The bluetooth phone sync is just perfect. Little extras like the LED flashlight behind the drivers seat and even a small flash which plugs/charges into the cigarette lighter. Once I discover how to upload an image on this site I'll post a photo of my Cali before I go GalaVANting :bananadance

Nice one, good to hear it worked out for you,much more of a surprise finding out that the paperwork had arrived :cool

Not sure how to include photos into posts but I've just put some shots in the gallery under 'dayslikethis' Day 2 today

Congratulations Looby - its a great feeling when it arrives.

dayslikethis said:
Congratulations Looby - its a great feeling when it arrives.

I'm sure it will be :laugh2

Have been on holiday this week and desperate for it to arrive. Would be great to get a call today or tomorrow and get away for the long weekend.

dayslikethis said:
Not sure how to include photos into posts but I've just put some shots in the gallery under 'dayslikethis' Day 2 today

At last :thanks

Day 1.jpg

I am thrilled to tell you that we picked our new Cali up tonight. The dealer phoned this morning to say it had just arrived on the transporter and they would have it ready for 5pm. He did a full 2 hour handover and we left at 7pm, delighted. :clap
Hoping to sleep in it over the weekend but first we need to find places for all the bits and pieces we've been gathering, I'm guessing it'll take a fair bit of trial and error to find the best places for everything.
Am sure we'll have some questions for you experienced Cali owners and it's great to know you are there if we need help.
Lots to do now but will try to get some nice pics over the weekend. Thanks everyone for your help and advice over the past 6 months or so. :thanks

Congratulations! Still on a high with mine. Tip - careful when you spin the passenger seat around that you don't scratch the plastic trim on the door (too late for me). Leave the UK on Tuesday/Wednesday in mine :lol:

Looby said:
I am thrilled to tell you that we picked our new Cali up tonight. The dealer phoned this morning to say it had just arrived on the transporter and they would have it ready for 5pm. He did a full 2 hour handover and we left at 7pm, delighted. :clap
Hoping to sleep in it over the weekend but first we need to find places for all the bits and pieces we've been gathering, I'm guessing it'll take a fair bit of trial and error to find the best places for everything.
Am sure we'll have some questions for you experienced Cali owners and it's great to know you are there if we need help.
Lots to do now but will try to get some nice pics over the weekend. Thanks everyone for your help and advice over the past 6 months or so. :thanks

Wow what a great surprise congratulations hope your 1st trip goes well,I'm still waiting but hoping for next week :hello

Fantastic news ! It seems like a long wait but I'm sure it'll be well worth it. Enjoy your first trip and I'll look forward to seeing the photos.

Thank you all for your good wishes and Gasgas I'm really sorry to hear that you are still waiting. I hope you get your call soon.

Ordered our beach on the 31st jean and still no sign, apparently sitting at port in Germany. Anyone else find this wait unbearable??!!!!

Hi All,

we ordered our Beach on 14th Feb (we are romantic) and were told that the build date was week 23. We contacted them to try and add something to the spec and were told that once the order was placed no more changes could be made. Has anyone else tried to change the order after placing it? Also how long from build date to delivery?
Getting very impatient now. We have booked a trip to France in August so we need it by then!
Sorry if any of these questions have been asked earlier in the post - didn't have time to read them all. :p

Back