Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Delivery Dates

Just heard ours is due at the dealers today. We have a private plate for it but might as well wait a week so it'll be '14 vehicle if we ever sell. So due to collect 3rd March.

Just getting some insurance quotes:

VW - £1968 (!?!?!)
Comfort - £526

Apparently cars go missing a lot in Central London....

Mine is build week 8 (17th-21st Feb) with anticipated delivery mid- March. I won't be able to collect until end April though as I'm out of UK.

It's great to hear everyone's good news, it all seems to be happening at once. Still waiting for news here but happy for you all. I like the sound of the admiral quote, I've been with them before and been able to get the business cover I need -thanks for sharing info :goodone

Dave and Deb said:
Just had delivery of card from dealer ours is build week 11

Dave

Hi, was just wondering when you placed your order and if it was for the SE? We were given provisional build date of week 11 when we ordered in week 3
but haven't had anything to confirm yet. Boohoo, didn't know weeks could feel this long.

Update from dealer today. Still wk 12 build date (17 Mar). 2/3 woks to build. 2 woks to deliver. Should be here just in time for Easter weekend. Hope so. :clap

Getting slightly frustrated now !

I was told my Cali was being built in week 7 and was all on schedule.

Last week I received an email saying it had been built and was in transit from Germany.

Yesterday I received an email saying it was waiting to be transported and that it would be another 3 weeks.

Was anyone else given build week 7 and if so when are you expecting your Cali?

We are week 6 and have been told 'early March'. I think you are lucky to be getting the information! We have to pester to get anything at all and often our requests for information are not replied to! (Peterborough)

Larkrise said:
I think you are lucky to be getting the information!

Likewise,
I had to ask for a build date which is also week 7 but have had no e-mails or other info.

Who e-mailed you Rich was it your dealer or VW Commercial?

Personally, I am in no rush for delivery but it would be nice to know the progress.

Cheers,

Bill

I have been getting emails from my VW dealer.

By the looks of it I'm lucky to be getting any info but I think that's disgusting!

Same here tbh. Only the bare minimum of info from the dealer and only then when requested by me.

Collected the Cali today and had a quick run up to Ambleside.
Very nice. Drives very well. Smoother and quieter than we remember from the test run.
Now need to order all the bits and pieces. Need to check out which gas to buy and size of bottle.

I will post a pic tomorrow of the front roof section in the relevant thread, then those who know can see if it has been altered.

Collection went fine. Only surprising thing was that dealer told us to bring a cert. of insurance along for VED. but, this means they taxed it today so tax disc in post in 4/5 days time. We have a letter, but slight worry as from memory it is a offence not to display a tax disc even if it is correctly taxed?

Nope it's fine for new cars...had the same on mine...there is a period of grace from pick up

We picked ours up on Monday and had the same concern - but checked and you get 14 days grace before you need to display the tax disc.

Here's a couple of pics of ours taken on my phone in the garage.

I had a grin so wide on my face driving it home it was ridiculous. Magnificent machine.

image.jpg image.jpg

Looks great ....... this is, of course, the BEST colour but I may be a bit biased, ;)
My dealer e-mailed yesterday saying OBTW your Beach is here ...nothing like a bit of notice :!:
Unfortunately I am extremely busy with work and can't pick up until April.
Good news is that they will do the Kenwood DNX 521 DAB for £999 inc. vat and fitting.
Bill

One of the best colours IMHO ,we went for Blackberry which should be hear in around 6 weeks our dealer has just told us yeeeeeeeehaaaaa :thumb

Gasgas said:
One of the best colours IMHO ,we went for Blackberry which should be hear in around 6 weeks our dealer has just told us yeeeeeeeehaaaaa :thumb

We have a Blackberry beach and it's looks stunning... :D

Shaun

Dealer confirm that Cali was built this week (week 12). Then said it wouldn't be with us until end of April! That's 2to3 wks later than they had indicated. Was expecting delivery Easter week fo the long weekend. Might still happen. Any other "wk 12ers" have an expected delivery date? Thanks.

Hi, we are hoping for build this week coming. Dealer said a while ago, another 2 weeks after that for delivery but I don't think that's very likely now. In the thread 'just arrived' this week, the Cali was built week 5 and took 7 weeks to be delivered to dealer. I believe the weather, in the channel and the high winds in this country are being blamed. I also have a work colleague whose order with another car manufacturer should have been here for 1st March and it has been delayed, waiting on a transporter in this country.

Contacted dealer the other day regarding a towbar, told me that my California had been built!
Ordered first week of Jan for week 16 delivery, seems things are ahead of scheduled. Supposed
to of had an Email from him confirming this, nothing yet. This is the norm with my dealer.

Popped into my dealer today as he seems to have mislaid my no !!£&+/ last time we we talked (3 weeks ago )it was gonna be about 5 weeks yippee today he said about 4 weeks :headbang

Getting excited now, Cali is in the country and waiting to be transported to my dealer. Its 5 weeks early than expected :cool:

1314MW said:
Getting excited now, Cali is in the country and waiting to be transported to my dealer. Its 5 weeks early than expected :cool:

Hi,

When did you order yours? Is it a beach or full Cali? We ordered our new beach on the 31st jean and we're told to expect delivery 1st week in May... Wonder if we might also get it sooner?

Ordered on Jan 8th, and looked like a mid May delivery. I ordered a California SE 180
auto 4 motion with a couple of extras.
Dealer is very vague 100% of the time when questions are asked!!! But as far as i know its now in the country and waiting for transport to dealer. They are contracted to do this with in 7 working days, This is from the sales mans own words. so hoping to have her before
Easter :bananadance

I ordered at the beginning of December,I was quoted week 12 build and delivery for end of March / mid April ,I am now being told approx 4 weeks from now!!! It does seem a little ,finger in the air / crystal ball gazing method of forecasting but hey I'm sure it's gonna be worth it ,but Easter would be nice pleeeze :sad :? :eek: :D

Back