Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Delivery Dates

1314MW

VIP Member
Hi all, Sounds like plenty of you have ordered new California's for the spring :bananadance . Placed my order first week in Jan for 180DSG 4motion and told that delivery would be Week 16. This would be confirmed by email once the factory had all order details. Now this is the bit that I'm
concerned about, only email I've had from the dealer is very vague saying first week in May.
This could be the way VW run, but when any other car I've factory ordered you get some sort of
email or letter barking on and thanking/congratulating you with me new purchase etc.
Have spoken to sales person on the phone a couple of times and this seems to be the way things
work :crazy. Is this the norm with every ones order or do I have to start to get heavy :lol:
Do I just wait till may and hope it arrives. Very odd way to buy a 50 grand motor.

We ordered ours in Nov. for 1st March delivery. We were given on the day a copy of the order and that's been it. I phoned 1st week Jan to try and add something to the spec. But was told it was allocated for production the following week. Heard nothing since.

Thank for your info.
I wonder if every one else who have ordered have had the same experience? Interesting to
here from some others on here.

Hi, When we ordered 180 DSG in week 3 the dealer said he would anticipate delivery mid April. I hadn't heard anything since so gave him a phone on Friday and he said he still just has the provisional build week as week 11 which would still be on course for mid April delivery. I'm not sure whether they just work out a provisional date based on previous experience or when we can expect a definite build date. :crazy
Meanwhile having fun accessorising :D

Thank you Steve, we don't have an order number either but your link seems to show that the 3rd stage is a confirmed build week so will look forward to getting that. :goodone

Although, I have to say, your build week 3 for delivery beg April doesn't bode well for us getting a build week 11 with delivery in mid April.

Hey Looby,

I got that date back in November for a Beach, so maybe the timings are different for an SE. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. I am going to chase up the dealer this week and see if I can get an order number and try the tracker.

Cheers

Steve

Just had a call from Citygate. Provisional build week now week 12 (mid March), with delivery anticipated for end March/1st week of April. Earlier than expected (by 3 weeks). It seems that Citygate 'bumped' one of their orders to a lower priority, to get mine up the queue. if true, then that's nice to hear. So, wish me luck!

That sounds like good news I am week 12 as well so hopefully delivery before Easter :D

All very interesting your experiences with build and delivery dater. Has any one had an order
number to try and track there California's progress.

I have just spoken to my local van centre who know nothing of the tracker. They thought that it was maybe a vw (car) thing, and they are totally separate brands. Certainly doesn't return anything from the order number that I have from the dealer.

Ambler said:
Ours is in Germany awaiting loading onto ship.

That's great news, I'm really pleased for you. Guessing that's on track for your 1st March delivery date.

Tracker is a great idea but not active on commercial vehicles, only for cars. Had checked late last year when waiting for mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have just an email from the dealer. Our Beach will be ready March 3rd, so a couple of weeks earlier than they originally thought. It's soooooo exciting.

Has anyone seen a picture of the electrical hook up on a Beach yet?

I had a message for our dealer today too saying our Cali SE is now built and awaiting shipping in Germany. We ordered on 11 Nov and had a build week 6. Not sure how long it takes from here until we can get ours hands on it though...

Do you know how the build weeks relate to calendar weeks? Ours was apparently built this week, but what week number is that...and how long does it actually take to assemble a Cali? (Just idle thoughts as we pass away the weeks waiting!)

Larkrise said:
Do you know how the build weeks relate to calendar weeks? Ours was apparently built this week, but what week number is that...and how long does it actually take to assemble a Cali? (Just idle thoughts as we pass away the weeks waiting!)

Hi, my diary is showing that we're at the end of week 6. Still hopeful that ours will be built and ready to ship in 5 more very long............... weeks.

Mine was due to be at the dealers on 4th February but I phoned VW to be told it was still awaiting shipment from the Port of Emden. They got the build week right and it was indeed built at the end of week 4 (24th January). I place my order on 4th November last year, so 11 weeks from order to build. I think the shipping from Emden to Grimsby is the bottleneck. VW seem to think it will be another 2 weeks. I hope not. The tracker has never worked with my 8 digit SLI number - reading these posts i now know why. Information is sparse and I had to email and call to get anything. Perhaps that's normal for the commercial vehicles department. At the moment, the two vehicle carriers shipping between Emden and Grimsby are the EMS HIGHWAY, the ISAR HIGHWAY and the SCHELDE HIGHWAY. You can freely track them here when you know yours is about to be shipped.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/ind ... port:EMDEN

It seems 14 - 16 weeks is about the norm for delivery of a California and quite understandably I feel after all VW is essentially making a vehicle to your requirements. I think the choses given are remarkable my only complaint is the number of errors contained within the brochure and the lack of knowledge of sales staff and their lack of awareness of all the options available. It seems that if one persists a full options list is their to be had - the seeming reluctance to provide it willingly is puzzling.

We ordered our new Cali at the end of November and ours too is now waiting to be shipped over.
Oh, the excitement... :cool

Just had delivery of card from dealer ours is build week 11

Dave

Arranged collection 1st week March.
Downloaded checklist.
Arranged insurance (£292)
Big hole in bank balance imminent.

Great news Ambler! Do you know what build week you were? And who provided the insurance?

Build week was 2nd week in January.
Vehicle is at dealers now.
insurance is Admiral multi car.

Back