Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Delivery Dates

Mine is build week 8.Should be out of California plant this week I'm told. I fly to uk in just over 3 weeks to collect. Getting a little concerned that it won't be ready as flight booked etc. I've read about some of the delays at ports etc so fingers crossed.

Got my post card Friday, van built and in UK, getting excited now, dealer says earlier April for collection, my build week was 11 seems to be here quicker than expected. 180 DSG camper van.

Just been in touch with dealer.................."The Cali has landed". In a UK port somewhere (not specified - anyone know where they typically ship too?). They have advised it will be with them in 7to10 working days maximum. Assuming worse case, likely to be a handover during Easter week, all ready for a Easter weekend away!!!! How exciting!

I assume the process from here goes something like: delivery to dealer, dealer options added, buyer inspection / handover, payment, registration, etc. Somewhere I need to get insurance in but not clear to me when that needs to happen. I have asked dealer for advise on process from here, but happy to take advise from the experience here on the forum.

Well, right out of the blue. The New California is arriving at the dealers tomorrow, 4weeks
early :p. Looking like all production is ahead of time and all of you will get your Californias
early with luck.

veg_frenzy said:
Just been in touch with dealer.................."The Cali has landed". In a UK port somewhere (not specified - anyone know where they typically ship too?). They have advised it will be with them in 7to10 working days maximum. Assuming worse case, likely to be a handover during Easter week, all ready for a Easter weekend away!!!! How exciting!

I assume the process from here goes something like: delivery to dealer, dealer options added, buyer inspection / handover, payment, registration, etc. Somewhere I need to get insurance in but not clear to me when that needs to happen. I have asked dealer for advise on process from here, but happy to take advise from the experience here on the forum.

I bot mine exdemo, and the dealer gave 7 days free insurance, you have to agree to vw giving you a full quote, but no obligation. It means you have one less bit of admin to do on the day. I am sure you will get the same for a new van.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

1314MW said:
Well, right out of the blue. The New California is arriving at the dealers tomorrow, 4weeks
early :p. Looking like all production is ahead of time and all of you will get your Californias
early with luck.

That's great news, you must be thrilled :thumb and thanks for helping the rest of us, who are eagerly waiting, keep our hopes up for pre-Easter delivery :thanks

Just had it confirmed that I can collect next week, Saturday most likely! Just needs dealer items fitted, inspection and set-up. A question for those who have bought new before: did you do a personal inspection, before progressing payment? My feel is that I should, just in case I'm unhappy with anything (would provide better leverage for getting things fixed). But might cause a small delay in final handover. Would appreciate views.

Thanks to all for kind words and advise. Has been very helpful. For those of you at COTF, I hope to meet with some of you at least.

Dave

veg_frenzy said:
Just had it confirmed that I can collect next week, Saturday most likely! Just needs dealer items fitted, inspection and set-up. A question for those who have bought new before: did you do a personal inspection, before progressing payment? My feel is that I should, just in case I'm unhappy with anything (would provide better leverage for getting things fixed). But might cause a small delay in final handover. Would appreciate views.

Thanks to all for kind words and advise. Has been very helpful. For those of you at COTF, I hope to meet with some of you at least.

Dave
Whether buying new or second hand, There's nothing wrong with inspecting any goods prior to payment, it would seem rather foolish not to especially as you are parting with a sizable amount of monies. I wouldn't think your dealer would have a problem with that either.

p.smith893 said:
We ordered our new Cali at the end of November and ours too is now waiting to be shipped over.
Oh, the excitement... :cool

Ordered mine also at the end of November - yet to receive it, have you got yours?

dayslikethis said:
p.smith893 said:
We ordered our new Cali at the end of November and ours too is now waiting to be shipped over.
Oh, the excitement... :cool

Ordered mine also at the end of November - yet to receive it, have you got yours?

UPDATE: Mine appears to be at a port awaiting sailing which the dealer tells me is likely to be next weekend - touch and go for my collection date! :thumb

That's good news,
Off to view mine tomorrow, then dig deep a give them a shed load of money and pick up
Saterday :p

Ref last post, DITTO. :thumb
Still working on insurance. Broker says I might need a tracker to qualify for there's based on value. We will see. What's the latest thinking re best insurance offers and who to use?

Me too. Staying local to try it out. Hope I remember at least something from the handover.

Mine has arrived at a UK port. This is great news so looking good for my collection date :clap

Does anyone have any idea when new T6 California will be available?i have. I have DSG February March 2012model and would wish to extend the warranty with European VW cover for one year if necessary from end Feb 2015 and trade in my current vehicle ASAP with a 2015 T6 California. current mileage <20000 over 2 years lots of extras.

Hi Looby, I was wondering if you know when your SE is arriving ? I have just had an email saying mine is at Emden .I wonder how long it takes to arrive, I don't want to ask my dealer as he so far has always got it wrong :headbang

Gasgas said:
Hi Looby, I was wondering if you know when your SE is arriving ? I have just had an email saying mine is at Emden .I wonder how long it takes to arrive, I don't want to ask my dealer as he so far has always got it wrong :headbang

How long is a piece of string??? :D

The person we'd been dealing with was going off on hols so been quite communicative. We were informed Mon 7th that it was at Emden, released to a ship so hopes were high. When he checked again on Fri 11th before going off, it was still at Emden, 'shipping imminent'. On Tues dealership said there's a boat due in Tyne at the end of this week, but weren't sure if ours is definitely on it or when there would be any movement from the port due to Easter.

Knowing of others with Scottish deliveries, having to wait weeks for a car transporter to get it from port to dealership, I'm afraid my answer has to be that no, we haven't really got any idea when we'll get it.

Trying to keep laughing about it all. Thinking we could set up a Cali dining room in Easter hols. Roof topper on the table, thermal windscreen round the chairs, seat covers over the chairs and our wee kitchen shelf should be here today so cuppies all round :laugh2

Hope you get news of yours soon, it'll be well worth the wait :cool

Progress report. Mine is now at dealers awaiting DVLA paperwork. Looking good for next week :clap
Thanks Oli for your initial help on directing my purchase!

How long is a piece of string??? :D

The person we'd been dealing with was going off on hols so been quite communicative. We were informed Mon 7th that it was at Emden, released to a ship so hopes were high. When he checked again on Fri 11th before going off, it was still at Emden, 'shipping imminent'. On Tues dealership said there's a boat due in Tyne at the end of this week, but weren't sure if ours is definitely on it or when there would be any movement from the port due to Easter.

Knowing of others with Scottish deliveries, having to wait weeks for a car transporter to get it from port to dealership, I'm afraid my answer has to be that no, we haven't really got any idea when we'll get it.

Trying to keep laughing about it all. Thinking we could set up a Cali dining room in Easter hols. Roof topper on the table, thermal windscreen round the chairs, seat covers over the chairs and our wee kitchen shelf should be here today so cuppies all round :laugh2

Hope you get news of yours soon, it'll be well worth the wait :cool[/quote]

Thanks Looby you too :thumb

Update:

Still at Emden waiting on a boat :sad

dayslikethis said:
Progress report. Mine is now at dealers awaiting DVLA paperwork. Looking good for next week :clap
Thanks Oli for your initial help on directing my purchase!

Still waiting on DVLA - they've closed al their local offices so all docs must be posted to Swansea :headbang

Ours has just arrived this Side of the water !!! Delivery can be anything from 3 - 10 days evidently getting close now :D

Gasgas said:
Ours has just arrived this Side of the water !!! Delivery can be anything from 3 - 10 days evidently getting close now :D

That's great news :clap Is that the Schelde arriving at Grimsby? I hope you don't have much longer to wait

Back