Automated VWCV emails?

RockinNRollin

RockinNRollin

Where to next?
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
So I ordered my Cali last month, then I got an email a week ago or so;

"Thanks for ordering with us and welcome to Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. This is just the first step on your journey. We'll keep you posted every step of the way. From your vehicle being built and shipped, right up to delivery."

Do these actually come through automatically to advise of progress and is this first email indicative of anything with respect to build status?

Cheers :)

Hi. Emails are automated. Some people get them, others seem not to (I got them). I’m not 100% sure at what stage this first one comes through, but i believe it may be when the order is accepted at the factory and loaded in to the system (no build yet).

For our GC 680 - Had a couple emails over last 7 months saying “order in progress” (not build), most recent start of April, then last Friday and update saying “build in progress” but dealer confirmed today it’s built, left factory and awaiting ship.
So emails we have had are hit and miss and not that accurate really

I got tumbleweeds when I was waiting for my Coast. Then I got the message out of the blue that the Cali was on its way to the supplying dealer.

Yeah the dealer has said they'll let me know when it's going in for build (assuming they are actually furnished with this information directly!). It's all a bit farcical, I guess vehicles don't necessarily follow the exact order as they move through production and by keeping it a bit vague they avoid "they ordered theirs after me, but it's 2.7% ahead in production?! Why? Why? Why?" kind of remarks.

Back