Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning Crank Storage?

Custardtart

Custardtart

Sorry for a dull question but where do you store the awning crank.

The manual says in a tray under the 3 seat bench (mine's a 3 seat bench cali beach) but I've got 3 little trays under the seat - I can't see anything big enough for the awning crank.

:?:

Mine has (from memory) 3 clips inside the top edge of the drawer under the bench seat.
It fits in nicely out of the way but still easy to get at when the drawer is full.
Does yours not have these clips?

Thanks for the quick response.

I can't see it on mine - hopefully here is a photo:

Can you guide me where to look in this photo?

:thanks

3 seat bench.jpg

Mine has (from memory) 3 clips inside the top edge of the drawer under the bench seat.
It fits in nicely out of the way but still easy to get at when the drawer is full.
Does yours not have these clips?

He is talking about a Cali not a Beach. You would be better off posting this in the Beach section.

Maybe a mod could move the thread.

Sorry I did not realize that this was a double post !

Saw this on the Calitop site. Not a bad solution if you find storing it in the bench seat drawer inconvenient. Just need a couple of Sunnersta clips from IKEA.

Attachments

• DC264F28-BB8E-43F5-975F-07D8AD823987.png
    DC264F28-BB8E-43F5-975F-07D8AD823987.png
    487.4 KB · Views: 113
Neat indeed. However, the key is in using the clips the wrong way/opposite way around. The wider part that usually clips the shelf is the one that is correctly sized for the rod. :thumb
won't it rattle there whilst driving ?

Good afternoon,

I thought also that it is not that practical to store the awning crank under the back bench drawer (especially when one plastic holder already broke).

I got those holders:

1611851611005.png

They are ok, but it can be a wee bit fiddley to get the awning crank in place. How long the holders will last I don't know. They seem not very flexible pushing the crank into the holder. At least they were not that expensive.

Happy California,
Eberhard

A little more substantial but still a safety hazard. At least not dependant on 2 rubber bands.
I agree it's a safety hazard. Should there be a roll during an accident that crank may easily be hit by a hand/arm and just detach. Do you really want a lose pole with two pointy bits at the front loose inside the cabin while you are rolling?
There must be a reason why vw put hooks inside a drawer to store the crank.
These aftermarket hooks might be maybe useful whilst camping, but for me a no go whilst driving.

This is cute, although not sure I could be bothered putting the insulation on/off:

Back