Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding trays under seat

J

jonddd

Vehicle
T5 Beach
I put the detachable tow hook for storage into one of the underseat trays on the 3 seat bench. It didn't take a very long drive for tray + tow hook to push out the locker cover and come sliding out from the back of the seat. Obviously the trays can't be loaded too much or is there a way to stop this?

I have what is possibly a related question. I recently bought a Beach with 3 seater bench and the trays seem to be missing altogether. Is it possible to buy the trays from somewhere and install them in a way to avoid the slide through problem?

I put the detachable tow hook for storage into one of the underseat trays on the 3 seat bench. It didn't take a very long drive for tray + tow hook to push out the locker cover and come sliding out from the back of the seat. Obviously the trays can't be loaded too much or is there a way to stop this?
On my old SE & not a Beach but I would have thought it would have been the same the detachable towbar fitted inside the van's tool kit - which was screwed to the rear bottom of the bench seat. There was a place where it was designed to fit.

In every van apart from the California SE, Coast and Ocean, the towhook is placed in the left compartiment behind the wheel arch.
But you'll need part number 7H0 804 897 A to stow it away decently.

Can someone with a Beach correct me?

I have a Beach with a detachable towbar and you are correct the towbar can be stowed in the compartment where the jack is (behind the wheel arch). It fits into the foam holder that is in the compartment to keep it secure, but it is not easy to access if you use the towbar regularly.

Thanks for that, detachable towhook now wrapped in a bag and stowed next to the jack. I didn't think there was room originally but you can just squeeze it in..