Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All-In Discounts

If I buy a new California in 10 days, I’ll get 2 free services as per the statement I have from VW when I buy using VW finance.
But can you buy an all in service to run for the 3rd and 4th service?
Or do you have to use it before a certain date ?

If I buy a new California in 10 days, I’ll get 2 free services as per the statement I have from VW when I buy using VW finance.
But can you buy an all in service to run for the 3rd and 4th service?
Or do you have to use it before a certain date ?
Yes, but not now, you can't buy All in whilst any service plan or warranty is still in place.

The best you can do from new is buy the extended factory Warranty (extended from three years to 5 years) it is only available within three months of first registration.

IMO its a priceless upgrade & one I would choose again in a heart beat

Yes, as is the all-in package, good if selling privately to be able to include a warrenty.

That's great just checked and the van I am buying has a service plan! cheery on the top that one.

Only thing that concerns me is this statement as bought through a dealer.

"You and the new vehicle owner will need to advise us of the transfer in writing within a period of 21 days following the transfer of ownership"

Wonder how that works if buying from a non-vw dealer, will check it out.

Tried to buy the all in service plan online went through and took money, hour later had email (automated as was at night) stating could not activate plan
” Unfortunately we encountered an issue when attempting the set-up of your All-in plan from Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. We have therefore been unable to activate your plan and any payment made will be automatically refunded.”
only been told to go to dealer to sort. Most annoying as my old plan run out last month
anyone else had this issue?

OK, another quick info update - if you have an existing warranty (my +3 year extended warranty expires on the 5th of Dec) if you purchase the all-in plan before that, what happen is you would be able to set the plan up, but a few days after it has been activated you would get a cancelation as two warranties are not able to run at the same time.

Have not tried this, but have been provided this info by the VW workshop. Anyways, I will wait until the 5th of Dec and I will renew then.

Tried to buy the all in service plan online went through and took money, hour later had email (automated as was at night) stating could not activate plan
” Unfortunately we encountered an issue when attempting the set-up of your All-in plan from Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. We have therefore been unable to activate your plan and any payment made will be automatically refunded.”
only been told to go to dealer to sort. Most annoying as my old plan run out last month
anyone else had this issue?
OK, another quick info update - if you have an existing warranty (my +3 year extended warranty expires on the 5th of Dec) if you purchase the all-in plan before that, what happen is you would be able to set the plan up, but a few days after it has been activated you would get a cancelation as two warranties are not able to run at the same time.

Have not tried this, but have been provided this info by the VW workshop. Anyways, I will wait until the 5th of Dec and I will renew then.

@Betty67 , do you have an existing plan with VW?

Edit: re-reading it now. your existing plan expired last month - so maybe VW have not deactivated it?

Ok, so, for those who have read/contributed to this thread, thank you for all your inputs.

A few bits of information for those who may read this later and where I am right now and a few things you may struggle with if you are in my situation.

I had the 5 year extended warranty which expired on the 5th Dec.
I tried to purchase the all-in on the 4th, made the payment and within an hour got an email that the all-in warranty had been declined and a refund has been issued.
Purchased on the 6th and the payment went through without any issues and the warranty documents came through email within the hour. A good experience overall.

Well, that was not really done. Do things happen OK the first time around with VW - well, no :)

There is a note on the policy - Warranty 30-day no-claim period as Yes and the reason cited was that I did not have a continuous cover for this van in the last year and so I will not be able to claim on any warranty in the first month.

Well, sent them proof of continuous cover, and after a few days VW Customer Service responded that as they/their system did not have my extended warranty information, they will honour that I the warranty claim period will be a NO and that all is well.

OK, can I have updated documentation stating the fact? - well, our system is automated and does not allow us to change #headbang.

The request continues. I will continue to follow up to ensure that the documentation I get is correct.

Ok, so, for those who have read/contributed to this thread, thank you for all your inputs.

A few bits of information for those who may read this later and where I am right now and a few things you may struggle with if you are in my situation.

I had the 5 year extended warranty which expired on the 5th Dec.
I tried to purchase the all-in on the 4th, made the payment and within an hour got an email that the all-in warranty had been declined and a refund has been issued.
Purchased on the 6th and the payment went through without any issues and the warranty documents came through email within the hour. A good experience overall.

Well, that was not really done. Do things happen OK the first time around with VW - well, no :)

There is a note on the policy - Warranty 30-day no-claim period as Yes and the reason cited was that I did not have a continuous cover for this van in the last year and so I will not be able to claim on any warranty in the first month.

Well, sent them proof of continuous cover, and after a few days VW Customer Service responded that as they/their system did not have my extended warranty information, they will honour that I the warranty claim period will be a NO and that all is well.

OK, can I have updated documentation stating the fact? - well, our system is automated and does not allow us to change #headbang.

The request continues. I will continue to follow up to ensure that the documentation I get is correct.
Thanks for the update

Sadly I Am Not surprised,

have VW suggested how you could have avoided the issue they made - I.e. arrange cover before cessation of your extended warranty?

Clearly VW had a record of your extended warranty when you tried to open a new policy before the old one expired ! (otherwise your new policy would simply have started, without VW cancelling and returning your payment prior to the old policy expiry ! )

It seems VW have made changes to the qualifications of the All in Deal and forgot about customers who purchased the extended warranty ? (At the customers expense potentially).

Same with me but waited the 5 days email requested to get refunded after 7 days no refund so went into dealer to sort new warrantee went through with the the 30 day clause, i still had to ring twice for the original refund. its now 30 days on the 17th so not chased the clause, just kept fingers crossed.

Same with me but waited the 5 days email requested to get refunded after 7 days no refund so went into dealer to sort new warrantee went through with the the 30 day clause, i still had to ring twice for the original refund. its now 30 days on the 17th so not chased the clause, just kept fingers crossed.
So does your policy start after the thirty day qualifying period ?

or

as I suspect you loose one month of cover of the 2 year period ?
which effectively increases the cost of cover for the All in deal !

Clearly VW had a record of your extended warranty when you tried to open a new policy before the old one expired !
Now this is where things get interesting.

I had the extended warranty and also had the 2 year service plan. Both of them ending on the 5th of Dec. Still not sure which one they checked against to decline my application the first time around.

VW customer service mentioned that they did not have a record of my extended warranty and had to send them the document for them to confirm that the clause for 1 month warranty cool off period will not be applicable to me. Now the fight for the updated documentation continues.

So does your policy start after the thirty day qualifying period ?

or

as I suspect you loose one month of cover of the 2 year period ?
which effectively increases the cost of cover for the All in deal !
The service plan and the breakdown cover start immediately. It is only the warranty cover that has the cooling period.

The service plan and the breakdown cover start immediately. It is only the warranty cover that has the cooling period.
I get that from your previous post, my question was some what rhetorical, but for many the break down cover & certainly the servicing is a secondary condition of the All in scheme, particularly Within the first 30 days most will not require servicing alone,
people take out the all in scheme for the peace of mind of a full 2 year warranty.
For example, you have your vehicle serviced by VW since new, your engine blows up 20 days after the start of the New all in policy (assuming you haven’t got written agreement from VW ) = VW walk away because you have not qualified for cover until 30 days have elapsed !

VW have chosen to take away the “qualifying inspection”, presumably to save VW money, (dealers claim the cost back from VW for inspection), but instead VW have passed the whole risk onto the paying customers? Effectively reducing the cover term of the warranty

Last edited:
For example, you have your vehicle serviced by VW since new, your engine blows up 20 days after the start of the New all in policy (assuming you haven’t got written agreement from VW ) = VW walk away because you have not qualified for cover until 30 days have elapsed !

The 30 days is normal for any warranty, having your van serviced since new & having a VW warranty since new are two totally different things. Taking the All In at 3 years old is clear that the van has been covered by a warranty for its full life, just need to have record somewhere if you have the 5 year extended warranty.

VWs terms are clear on the front page without reading any small print:

"If your vehicle’s previous Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK or Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Services warranty expired over 30 days ago, then you won’t be able to claim in the first 30 days of your All-in Warranty (a “no-claim period”). Effectively, you’ll have 23 months where you can make a claim on your warranty."

Up to two years’ Warranty​

Provided by Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK, administered by Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Services

This Warranty has been designed to cover the costs of repairing or replacing the covered components that have suffered a sudden electrical or mechanical failure during the period of cover (excludes no-claim period). Further details are available in the terms and conditions.

If your vehicle’s previous Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK or Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Serviceswarranty expired over 30 days ago, then you won’t be able to claim in the first 30 days of your All-in Warranty (a “no-claim period”). Effectively, you’ll have 23 months where you can make a claim on your warranty.

The All-in Warranty does not cover any vehicle already covered under any other guarantee, insurance, warranty and/or

I couldn’t edit the above post re text style etc but I was going to say that I lifted that from VW website…… it seems fair enough

If your vehicle’s previous Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK or Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Serviceswarranty expired over 30 days ago, then you won’t be able to claim in the first 30 days of your All-in Warranty (a “no-claim period”). Effectively, you’ll have 23 months where you can make a claim on your warranty.
That is the statement that does not apply to me (had less than 24 hours break between the two warranties) and yet they have put in a no-claim period :) From a business point of view - agree, absolutely fair ... but VW systems do not recognise when not to apply the clauses correctly :headbang:D

That is the statement that does not apply to me (had less than 24 hours break between the two warranties) and yet they have put in a no-claim period :) From a business point of view - agree, absolutely fair ... but VW systems do not recognise when not to apply the clauses correctly :headbang:D
Hey @kurienp I hope you don’t think I was having a dig at you….. I just put that up for other interested (and probably confused like me) members. Glad you got your issue with VW sorted, God bless ‘em :thumb

Hey @kurienp I hope you don’t think I was having a dig at you….. I just put that up for other interested (and probably confused like me) members. Glad you got your issue with VW sorted, God bless ‘em :thumb
Oh no no, not at all.

VW do their best to translate directly from German to English I suspect and never really succeed. :D

I will consider my issue closed only when VW send me an updated document ... let's see how that goes ;)

The 30 days is normal for any warranty, having your van serviced since new & having a VW warranty since new are two totally different things. Taking the All In at 3 years old is clear that the van has been covered by a warranty for its full life, just need to have record somewhere if you have the 5 year extended warranty.

VWs terms are clear on the front page without reading any small print:

"If your vehicle’s previous Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK or Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Services warranty expired over 30 days ago, then you won’t be able to claim in the first 30 days of your All-in Warranty (a “no-claim period”). Effectively, you’ll have 23 months where you can make a claim on your warranty."
Hi Andy ,

thanks for posting the VW wording from the Website,
I agree that if the plan is a “new” plan that is not a continuation of an existing plan, then a qualify no claim period can apply.

in this instance a customer with existing cover , whom is looking to extend the cover (continuously) should not be penalised by the 30 day claim moratorium.
The context I was quoting was that of @kurienp, where existing cover has been continuous since new, the old plan had not ended at the time of inception of new & continuing unbroken cover was not able to be arranged, due to VW arbitrary wording and internal systems.
VW cancelled the OPs payment And new plan,
despite the clear attempt of the OP to create an ongoing unbroken arrangement Of warranty cover.
In that instance (which was within 30 days of ending an Extended warranty) the OP could have found himself unable to claim within the first thirty days , hence my comment.
VW issued documents stated that s 30 day no claim period applied to the OP, until he pointed this out to VW!
VWs wording (which should not apply to the OP according to the posts above) appears to have excluded the first 30days despite the OPs previous plan having expired less than 30 days previously :

"If your vehicle’s previous Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK or Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Services warranty expired over 30 days ago, then you won’t be able to claim in the first 30 days”

This may be because VW say they had no record of the OPs extended factory warranty (VWFS administered policy) despite the OP being able to prove cover was indeed in place from new, up to the date he tried to create a new agreement.
it would appear that VWs record keeping is at best lax, when it suits !

that was the point of my post, that unless the OP had been able to prove an extended warranty had been in place & gained clarification from VW, the 30 day exclusion wording would have been taken as the contract wording, potentially leaving the op with an issue in the instance of a claim within the first thirty days of the new plan !

I came across this today.
20% off All-In and Service Plans in August.
It is a pity that you can't buy ahead. My service plan finishes in October '23, and I want to buy an All-In plan before my van is 6 years old.

Unless they have changed the rules recently, you will not be allowed to take out an All In One contract whilst there is still a live warranty or service deal in place, so you will have to wait until December anyway.
I took out the all in one package as recommended by the service manager at my local VW van centre. I paid in full (£880 I think) as it seemed a bargain for everything that’s included. Then going through the paperwork that came with my Cali I found out that it had the extra 2 year extended warranty too. The previous owner didn’t tell me about this and I believe he probably didn’t even know about it. I contacted VW to see if they could postpone the All in one policy start date until the 5 year warranty had expired but they couldn’t do it and couldn’t understand how I could even sign up for it while I still had an active warranty. They did offer me a full refund but I decided to keep it running as it’s still good value in my view. So I basically have 2 warranties running together for 1 year then the all in one for another year……..

Seems as though the VW Service plan sale is up and running again for November 23. 25% off - Just got the All-In plan for my Passat (Cali already covered with one from the last offer).

Seems as though the VW Service plan sale is up and running again for November 23. 25% off - Just got the All-In plan for my Passat (Cali already covered with one from the last offer).
Is 25% off the maximum offer people have seen for All-In?

Back