Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Emissions Scandal & The VW California

Is that what Ad blue is? Can 't we use our own instead of buying it? We have even bought a Thetford container to keep it in. Brandrup could even produce a very expensive gadget to get it into the tank.

If Brandrup made it then it would cost more than the average fine for fiddling with it

If people are frightened by the emissions and effeciancy of the vehicles then yes it could affect the values massively it wouldn't personally worry me but I'm sure there be a lot of people it will
Very cleaver mapping by vw
Trouble is if these vehicles are re called and reflashed with new software (maps) is it going to cause more egr and dpf problems answer to that is more than lightly yes
Especially for those vehicles used on short journeys

Eventually diesels will probably be faded out as petrol is easier to burn therefore easier to get through the tighter emissions if you notice there's already smaller more bhp more fuel efficient petrol engine options becoming available with other manufacturers

2019 there's a whole new T7 vw due
It will be interesting to see how this is fuel'ed

and as we take the Adblu out of VW ...

I'm sat in my ultra-unreliable, diesel guzzling, NOx emitting, planet-destroying California...

After another 750 faultless miles in four days and three of the best night's sleep a bed on wheels can offer, a vehicle that gives me everything that I need with the least fuss and bother that I can hope for with just one, now resolved, niggling irritant spoiling a 100% class act.

Volkswagen reveals new range of diesel powered vehicles with lowest emissions ratings to date ;)

View attachment 10132

It's definiteley a diesel, look at the emissions!

I must say the US revels in this "foreign companies rip of us Americans" thing.
They hammered Toyota and BP.
I suspect it will be a nice little earner for some US states.

It's definiteley a diesel, look at the emissions!

I must say the US revels in this "foreign companies rip of us Americans" thing.
They hammered Toyota and BP.
I suspect it will be a nice little earner for some US states.
And of course this same Nation that rejected the Kyoto treaty...

As ever this will be blown out of all proportion with the response being totally dissproportionate to the crime,
thanks to the US legal muppets.

At the moment we have no idea by how much the software tweaked the emision level. I suspect it was a tiny amount.
When the VW engineers were trying to achieve the required US level I suspect they came extremely close and only accepted a "tweak" in order to nudge it into legalality. If they'd been way off and needed the "tweak" to achieve a huge delta then they simply would've walked away.
In other words, the actual crime is small. The public perception sadly is huge, based on media frenzy.

In addition the hypocracy continues. I'll bet my Cali on every single one of the affected 11m vehicles has, at some time, been driven quicker or with more throttle than was required thus pumping more polutant into the atmosphere than was intended by the regulations.

We are all guilty. Do we drive at 55mph or 75?.

Utter nonsense.

Pod.

"The scandal explained" according to the beeb :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34324772

I wonder if this will affect production in Europe? (I have a vested interest in the answer to that question :Nailbiting)

Has anyone see a list of the actual VW models affected by the recall?

Do they sell many transporters in the US? (They're probably too small aren't they)

Once VW is on its knees and bankrupt, watch BMW buy it for a euro....

Once VW is on its knees and bankrupt, watch BMW buy it for a euro....
They've got pots of money. There are rumours that they are in the market to be buying an F1 team.

You can imagine the jokes already - Red Bull helps you with your emissions problem. :veryfunny

Believe you me, there is no greater hell than having the US Government and rabid lawyers on your case. The clever, and they were remarkably clever - just, might have just caused all the cash available for VW's entrance into F1 being diverted into a protected account for lawsuits into the far far foreseeable future.

VW have been banging on about getting into F1 for years, I'll believe it when I see their cars on the grid.
At the end of the day, thier input will only be engines/gboxs so in the great scheme of things, relatively small bannanas.

VW have been banging on about getting into F1 for years, I'll believe it when I see their cars on the grid.
At the end of the day, thier input will only be engines/gboxs so in the great scheme of things, relatively small bannanas.
I don't believe they are getting in it to just be a supplier. (Although that may be a by product of it)

They want to buy a team and do the R&D and all that goes along with it.

The brand coverage is more important and may be more so after all this.

Shares down another 8% on open in Berlin.

I don't believe they are getting in it to just be a supplier. (Although that may be a by product of it)

They want to buy a team and do the R&D and all that goes along with it.

The brand coverage is more important and may be more so after all this.

What I mean is they're not supplying all of the infrastructure/wind tunnels etc, they're simply buying an existing outfit/personnel/entrance fee/experience. They will simply feed in the engines/trans ref Merc and Mac/Honda.

A big concern would be other sponsors for the team. Will big names want to be associated with what's just happened?

Have I understood that correctly? They used a different testing method for each of the three vehicles?
Surely all three should have been repeated with each of the three methods and then averaged out?

Interesting to read the DPF regen cycle actually causes an increase in emision. I guess that's understandable given that it pumps extra fuel in to burn off deposits.

I
Agree, already the public are losing interest. People are more interested in the Bay City Rollers reunion and the story has dropped out of the BBC news top ten:D

Lets face it, we all the knew the real world figures bore no resemblance to the official figures anyway; whether it was due to fiddling or a flaw in the system.

Anyway, back to the Bay City Rollers, I couldn't stand them! ;)

I thought a bay city roller was a westy T3 conversion :oops:

Back