Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Emissions Scandal & The VW California

Anyone just watch the full bulletin on the 10 o'clock BBC news?. This really could be h-u-g-e with some very far reaching implications. Lots of talk about the knives being out for diesel cars in the coming years led by legislation, taxation, city bans etc across the UK and EU anyway but if VW were up to it with the incredible pressure on emissions regs then they cannot have been alone...
The knives have been out for a while now!

The knives have been out for a while now!
Yep! Going to get interesting and frustrating as the issue will become political and alarmist. What objective reporting there is wil be lost in all the shouting I suspect.

Are other manufacturers wringing their hands in glee or cacking themselves I wonder?!

Are other manufacturers wringing their hands in glee or cacking themselves I wonder?!
I suspect some of them are waiting for the axe to fall. Not going to be
Germany is the engine of Europe and the car industry is the engine of German Indystry. They are not going to be happy bunnies!

The good news is that there will probably be a surplus of EGR valves.

Soon see them on E Bay - "£25 for one or why not buy a years supply? £85 for 4"

Oh well, there should be enough Diesel for the UK market then.

Just had a text from the Father in Law who is quite into cars/vans/whatever asking if maybe this scandal might be linked to all the issues we had - I suspect it might have been.

EGR valves basically strangle the exhaust gases (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) as do DPFs - it's like try to clean the sea but sticking a gauze over a sewage pipe.

I'm also wondering - the EU6 T6 engines appear to come out sometime next year - so if you ordered now, would your Cali (current delivery approx Feb/March) be obsolete within months? It feels a bit like manufacturers are using customers as test mules; the current 2.0 seems pretty problematic (to some, not all); I'm wondering what further "progress" will do to the next generation of engines.

For someone considering ordering a T6, it's a bit unsettling.

Oh well, there should be enough Diesel for the UK market then.

No chance. French farming relies on diesel engined vehicles,

One night of burning tyres on the Champs Elysee and it's back to Euro 4 for everyone,

I just bought an A3 now re-considering swapping to a T6 until there is much more clarify on the situation, or incentive....

Maybe i'm missing something but I thought all T6 vans ordered now came as standard with the EU6 engines or is this not the case?

I thought 1st September 2015 was the date for the introduction of EU 6 compliant engines.

I thought 1st September 2015 was the date for the introduction of EU 6 compliant engines.
Correct
TDI engine
Our efficient EU6 TDI engines and direct-shift gearbox (DSG) combine to make your fuel go further.

From VW brochure UK for new T6 California

I thought so.

Just seen on CNN that all manufacturing and sales of VW diesel vehicles has been stopped in the US.

Glad I am not waiting for a T6 anymore !

Just seen on CNN that all manufacturing and sales of VW diesel vehicles has been stopped in the US.

Glad I am not waiting for a T6 anymore !
Did you cancel an order?!

Yes, was offered a deal I could not refuse on a pre reg T5

I think that the average camper in the street is not going to be too bothered. If he/she wants a camper it's still the same choice and whether it's got fiddled emissions or not the Cali is still going to have strong demand.

I never realised that Ad blue was a Urea compound.

"Sorry Mr Emissions man... we were not taking the proverbial.... just never thought of adding it" :shocked
Is that what Ad blue is? Can 't we use our own instead of buying it? We have even bought a Thetford container to keep it in. Brandrup could even produce a very expensive gadget to get it into the tank.

I think that the average camper in the street is not going to be too bothered. If he/she wants a camper it's still the same choice and whether it's got fiddled emissions or not the Cali is still going to have strong demand.
Agree, already the public are losing interest. People are more interested in the Bay City Rollers reunion and the story has dropped out of the BBC news top ten:D

Lets face it, we all the knew the real world figures bore no resemblance to the official figures anyway; whether it was due to fiddling or a flaw in the system.

Anyway, back to the Bay City Rollers, I couldn't stand them! ;)

Back