Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

WLTP - Any feedback on latest emissions and mpg?

Visions of going back to Coaching Inns times when horse teams needed recharging or replacing.
Romantic or traumatic?

Incorrect.

You can reduce environmental impact in a number of ways, including reduction of energy use and lower impact energy generation.

There is no expectation that our time on this planet will have zero environmental impact.

I think a better graph is this one... tends to explain things better...
260px-World_population_v3.svg.png

As we seem to have gone off topic.
Where will all the cabling come from for electric cars?
How will people who live in houses with no access to parking apart from roadside, charge their electric vehicles?
So we will need plastic ducting, plastic covered cabling, possible a 3 phase electricity supply. Where is all this energy to service and supply all these vehicles to come from.
A Nissan leaf will take 12 hours to charge from zero to full charge using 240v supply

Private cars in the UK are only in use ~5% of the time. That implies that the national fleet could be a twentieth of its current size with a fleet of shared AVs.

Even if the World’s population doubles we will need less than half as many cars to drive each person more than twice as far, parked not on the street or private driveways, but in service parks to which they return for a change of battery, charged by wind, solar, hydro, biomass or other renewable.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I expect people said the same about CFC production.

No, because there was a viable alternative and it was easy to convert. Not the case with energy production and utilisation.

Private cars in the UK are only in use ~5% of the time. That implies that the national fleet could be a twentieth of its current size with a fleet of shared AVs.

Even if the World’s population doubles we will need less than half as many cars to drive each person more than twice as far, parked not on the street or private driveways, but in service parks to which they return for a change of battery, charged by wind, solar, hydro, biomass or other renewable.

Spoken as a true city dweller. Shall we call them “ Cable “ or “ Corbyn “ Cars?

And where would these “sevice parks” be? I know lets convert all the parks in London into them, then all the criminals will have a field day.

And where would these “sevice parks” be? I know lets convert all the parks in London into them, then all the criminals will have a field day.
With a fleet 5-10% of the current size, there will be ample capacity in existing car parks. And with utilisation of the fleet from 5% to 50% plus, much more of the fleet will be on the move at any given time, not idle on a driveway.

No, because there was a viable alternative and it was easy to convert. Not the case with energy production and utilisation.

Did you know that on at least one day last year wind was the #1 source of power in the UK. This event will only become more frequent as more wind farms come online.

Norway produces ~95% of its energy from hydro and very close to 100% from renewables.

Did you know that on at least one day last year wind was the #1 source of power in the UK. This event will only become more frequent as more wind farms come online.

Norway produces ~95% of its energy from hydro and very close to 100% from renewables.

And generates much of its wealth from selling gas and oil, ironic hey.
Small population, ideal geography for hydro etc. easy peasy.

Wind farms are ruining Scotland. An eyesore and in some cases downright wrong. Sorry but renewables are unreliable as far as wind is concerned - we were involved in some research into this and the facts promoted as to output frankly are a joke. The objections by local authorities are over ruled by the Scottish Government and locals have very little say.

Now back to WLTP and the possible demise of the German car industry due to hysteria.:offtopic:Iamsorry

Wind farms are ruining Scotland. An eyesore and in some cases downright wrong. Sorry but renewables are unreliable as far as wind is concerned - we were involved in some research into this and the facts promoted as to output frankly are a joke. The objections by local authorities are over ruled by the Scottish Government and locals have very little say.

Now back to WLTP and the possible demise of the German car industry due to hysteria.:offtopic:Iamsorry
Wind may but unreliable but using the tides as a source for generation is not. In and out twice a day, harness that and we’ll be sorted.

Last edited:
I bet it’s the school run causing a lot of the pollution! Just make kids walk to school like I used to do.No diesel or electric, just a bowl of Scott’s Porridge Oats. And a decent pair of shoes (leather of course).;)

I bet it’s the school run causing a lot of the pollution! Just make kids walk to school like I used to do.No diesel or electric, just a bowl of Scott’s Porridge Oats. And a decent pair of shoes (leather of course).;)
The mid term and seasonal school holiday breaks confirm that when the morning and afternoon traffic levels reduce dramatically.

New mpg and Co2 have been published for california - mpg effected by 1mpg co2 changes minimal - only 1 model changes VED,

New mpg and Co2 have been published for california - mpg effected by 1mpg co2 changes minimal - only 1 model changes VED,
Had confirmation that our Ocean 2.0 TDi 199PS would be in a higher VED band as the CO2 had risen from 190 to 191 - extra £500 odd to pay as will now be band K - £1760. Option to cancel with deposit refunded, complete the order as is or re-order.

As far as I can see there is actually no change due to the new real time rate being a reduction which would put it back to the sub 190 rate in cash terms.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables
For Diesel vehicles that do not meet RDE2 standards there is a first year additional supplement that effectively moves the payment up by one tax band - as has been explained to me!

Back