Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

WLTP - Any feedback on latest emissions and mpg?

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
So its Sept,

All Calis now will have to meet the new emissions test WLTP.

So does anyone have the latest ''real life' mpg and emission levels because VW have still not updated their website but put out some disclaimer when you start to 'build a cali'

Screenshot_20180902-083456_Chrome.jpg

I agree. But can you see VW doing it?
Just got an email from VW saying there struggling with this WLTP and its slowing production so geres hoping. But thrn again, if its to good to be true, it usually is.

It's about time people started looking at the " Whole Life " impact of ALL energy production and utilisation.

Solar, wind and even Hydroelectric are NOT clean production methods, not when you take into account the whole environmental impact from conception to end of life, but try and explain that to some people.

It's about time people started looking at the " Whole Life " impact of ALL energy production and utilisation.

Solar, wind and even Hydroelectric are NOT clean production methods, not when you take into account the whole environmental impact from conception to end of life, but try and explain that to some people.

A big difference with hydro, wind and solar is that they do not require vast numbers and quantities of carbon sinks to be disturbed and the previously undisturbed carbon pumped into the atmosphere.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I've got the figures for my imminently arriving 150 DSG Beach

urban 36.2
extra urban 44.8
combined 40.9
CO2 179

As far as I can see the old pre WTLP figure was 175 CO2 so not that different.

A big difference with hydro, wind and solar is that they do not require vast numbers and quantities of carbon sinks to be disturbed and the previously undisturbed carbon pumped into the atmosphere.

And where do you think the raw materials come from to make the concrete for the foundations the metal for the towers, frames and turbines or the rare metals for the panels and the electronics, and don't forget all the infrastructure, cabling, transmission towers? And then we have the energy to make all the above. It comes from somewhere, it's not magic .

And where do you think the raw materials come from to make the concrete for the foundations the metal for the towers, frames and turbines or the rare metals for the panels and the electronics, and don't forget all the infrastructure, cabling, transmission towers? And then we have the energy to make all the above. It comes from somewhere, it's not magic .
You misunderstand.

My claim is not that renewables are free from carbon emissions, only that it is very significantly less than burning fossil fuels.

783cc3b64747aaf6a086dd9e63f1d0da.png

I've got the figures for my imminently arriving 150 DSG Beach

urban 36.2
extra urban 44.8
combined 40.9
CO2 179

As far as I can see the old pre WTLP figure was 175 CO2 so not that different.
Figures keep going up.
Doesn't move it up a tax band and if 201 (204) engine also only goes up by 4 then no change to either first year tax, VED, rates to worry about.

You misunderstand.

My claim is not that renewables are free from carbon emissions, only that it is very significantly less than burning fossil fuels.

783cc3b64747aaf6a086dd9e63f1d0da.png

Doesn't take into account ALL the other environmental effects of energy production only the Carbon Footprint. There are other impacts on the environment which you have ignored. According to the above we should be using Nuclear Generation only, but we don't - I wonder why?

Doesn't take into account ALL the other environmental effects of energy production only the Carbon Footprint. There are other impacts on the environment which you have ignored. According to the above we should be using Nuclear Generation only, but we don't - I wonder why?

Many of the resources needed for wind, solar and hydro power generation are reusable or recyclable.

Nuclear has a very specific waste disposal difficulty.

Many of the resources needed for wind, solar and hydro power generation are reusable or recyclable.

Nuclear has a very specific waste disposal difficulty.

True, but recycling has an environmental cost as well.
You cannot get away from the fact that ALL energy production and utilisation has an environmental Cost. Some more than others.
The only way to reduce this environmental impact is NOT to use energy in any way or form, and that will never happen.

The only way to reduce this environmental impact is NOT to use energy in any way or form, and that will never happen.
Incorrect.

You can reduce environmental impact in a number of ways, including reduction of energy use and lower impact energy generation.

There is no expectation that our time on this planet will have zero environmental impact.

Incorrect.

You can reduce environmental impact in a number of ways, including reduction of energy use and lower impact energy generation.

There is no expectation that our time on this planet will have zero environmental impact.

Will never happen.

Away from topic maybe but the fact that Scottish Power admitted its intention to introduce variable (surge ) pricing with the use of smart meters may well result in reduction of energy use.
My gripe is the sudden hysteria and demonisation of diesel and mad rush to change things overnight. World has gone mad.

Will never happen.

I hope we are not talking at cross purposes here.

In talking about reducing the environmental impact of energy production I am talking about •future• energy production not •past• energy production.

I’d agree that it would be either very hard or impossible to reverse the impact of the past.

I hope we are not talking at cross purposes here.

In talking about reducing the environmental impact of energy production I am talking about •future• energy production not •past• energy production.

I’d agree that it would be either very hard or impossible to reverse the impact of the past.

Still won’t happen worldwide.

As we seem to have gone off topic.
Where will all the cabling come from for electric cars?
How will people who live in houses with no access to parking apart from roadside, charge their electric vehicles?
So we will need plastic ducting, plastic covered cabling, possible a 3 phase electricity supply. Where is all this energy to service and supply all these vehicles to come from.
A Nissan leaf will take 12 hours to charge from zero to full charge using 240v supply

Back