Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What winds you up about other drivers

Yeh misleading use of grammar - but you get my jist.

I agree there are some horrible drivers put there. Amongst the things I have done in the last couple of days are:
1) driving with baseball hat on until I remembered
2) very slow to acknowledge a passing driver on a narrow lane, but I was concentrating hard not to sump my van
3) I definitely dithered at a roundabout. I didn't know which way to go. So I took it easy until it was figured out.
Fortunately, there are plenty of really competent drivers out there to balance the hat wearing, narrow lane nervous roundabout ditherers like me! Some other days I am almost competent myself, and the advice from simply dubs and others to just chill seems most appropriate.

On the other hand, middle laning should be a capital offence. We all have our stories, but once on the M6 I finally got to the front of a slow moving tailback, to find that the culprit was not a big yellow crane, but in fact a middle lane moggy with a bearded driver reading a book at 45mph!
Which brings me to my real pet hate. Which authority thinks its OK to sanction moving the aforementioned big yellow crane around the M60 at peak rush hour?Come on guys...show a bit of common. How many people are inconvenienced and how much cost is loaded onto to other NW business to move one crane? Can't the driver take a breakfast break or something? I know everyone has a right to the road, but this is one crane versus thousands.
Rant over. Going to switch forums now and check out 'Stargazers lounge' as its a lovely clear evening tonight in D and G.

Middle lane flids - empty motorway, some brain dead idiot who hasn't a clue what's happening around them. They are also the ones that sit in the outside lane of a dual carriageway for miles because they want eventually to turn right.

Worst though are the idiots that park next to the van when I've found a place miles from anyone else and proceed to put a jealousy ding on the side with their door. We've done 3000 miles in ours since new and this has happened twice now.

Mind you we should know better my wife bought a Saab convertible a few years back and that is covered with dings down the side.

Ah, the trick is to park very close to the car next door, on your drivers side, so close that they cannot open the door to get in and then use the side door to leave the Cali. Works every time. If they complain then just say the vehicle on the other side wasn't parked correctly, too far over, oh but it's gone now. Sorry!:)

Welshgas, it's bad enough that they're jealous, adding p*ssed off to the mix will surely only make 'em more aggressive!!!

Do see your point though :cool:

Possible. But I'm always in the white box and often they're not square or even in the box. Not had any problems yet. I just point at the white line and they go all red and flustered.;)

How about when your driving towards another vehicle (on your rightful side) and there's maybe a parked car or obstacle on there side of the road,so there's only room for your vehicle to pass at the time but this guy decided he has right of way and so you have to slam on your brakes to avoid a collision :eek:
......I need to take another blood pressure tablet :mad:

French overtaking on motorways.
They leave it to the last minute, pull out in front when you are in the overtaking lane and then slow down and cut straight back in again forcing you to speed up and pass them as well.
Either that or they sit close behind with the left indicator on thinking it gives them a right to pass you.
They wouldn't last five minutes over here on a motorway.

French overtaking on motorways.
They leave it to the last minute, pull out in front when you are in the overtaking lane and then slow down and cut straight back in again forcing you to speed up and pass them as well.
Either that or they sit close behind with the left indicator on thinking it gives them a right to pass you.
They wouldn't last five minutes over here on a motorway.

I know what you mean, but we have just done Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and France. I would say France was the most relaxing. Belgium and Italy were the most exciting. The Germans have the same habit with the driving right up behind you with the indicator on, but at least when they go past they blast into the sunset.

I must say I was looking forward to some unrestricted German Autobahns, but the majority of roads had road works - much like the UK

I only did france on two wheels but I found it very welcoming and much safer than the UK. Drivers seemed generally more relaxed and very bike aware. In fact I was so suprised that almost all drivers gave motorcycles space to overtake at lights or when traffic was backed up (rare) even when I wasn't planning to pass people would move over as if I should. Makes a massive change from the cut up merchants in the UK who begrudge anyone making more progress than them even when they can't move but you can.

I love driving in France. So laid back and relaxed. The drive back from Folkestone feels like a white knuckle ride to me after a couple of weeks in France.

Remembering to turn off at the right exit after 600 carefree relaxing kilometres is the only downside to driving in France!

Has anybody had any bad scares in Wales? Just recently had a week in Newquay (beautiful and peaceful), but nearly had two very nasty head-on collisions in the same week due to people trying to overtake in completely ridiculously dangerous spots.

PS not saying it was Welsh people driving.

Probably were locals. :Nailbiting

I had two incidents today in the wind up category :mad:

1200GS

and

AM Drives

It because Cali's are so small and difficult to see. Had a taxi look at my wife driving along and then just pull out - how she didn't hit it she does not know - stopped with an inch to spare (got good brakes the Cali). She had a sore shoulder and leg for the rest of the day.

Anyone on the school run.

people that tow caravans!

The thoughtless driving doesn't even need to be at speed. I used to be the steersman on a steam roller. 13½ tonnes of cast iron with wooden brake blocks and smooth metal wheels. Not ideal for rapid emergency stopping. The steering was about 30 turns of the wheel from lock to lock, so not easy to swerve. You have to plan ahead, even at 6mph, but cars would regularly overtake just as you were slowing for a halt sign, then stop directly in front of you leaving you with a cars length less space to stop in. Or challenge you for a gap that you were already ½ way through.
It never seemed to occur to them that knock for knock they might come off worse. They couldn't say that we were invisible. The emissions on the roller alone could be seen for miles.

Don't get me started, I drive a truck for a living & have probably seen most things ?!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

When there is lane reduction and vehicles stay in the outside lane, pass all the polite people and then expect to be let in. I straddle both lanes, don't let them pass and certainly don't let them in and get the number one look from the wife!

I hate drivers who straddle both lanes. I'm usually polite but on the occasions I use the outside lane there's nothing worse than someone straddling or as happened on one occasion pull right across into my lane to stop me getting past.
I'd be interested to know what the police would say about it if reported.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

When there is lane reduction and vehicles stay in the outside lane, pass all the polite people and then expect to be let in. I straddle both lanes, don't let them pass and certainly don't let them in and get the number one look from the wife!
Which merely causes longer queues by preventing the traffic using all the available road space.

Which merely causes longer queues by preventing the traffic using all the available road space.
Internet is useless for getting across what you mean. If traffic is moving then yes use all the lanes if someone elects to go right to the end passing stationary traffic then that is different. If traffic at the end of the lane reduction is stationary then they are just being rude. Do you get what I mean??

I quite simply hate anyone that is on MY bit of road that I want to be using. Wherever. Whenever. Why can't they just be somewhere else?

Joking of course. I don't like rude, ignorant drivers. I have however learned to largely ignore it though. I used to feel the need to 'educate' people, somehow, especially when they had cut me up on my gentlemans conveyance (motorcycle) primarily in the hope that they didn't end up killing the next motorcyclist that wasn't as lucky to avoid the incident as me. However, it is all an absolute waste of time - you have to let them get on with it and assume that karma will sort them out. Chill out, slow down, be courteous - and surprisingly, you'll get where you need to go faster, with less stress and a smile...

Back