Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What mods to do whilst the van isn't moving.

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Looking for ideas of upgrades or tweaks I can do whilst the van isn't moving much.

So far I have:

• Fit an auto light switch replacement to upgrade my lights to automatic.
  • Install rail clips onto my slidepod table so I use it inside.

What's your budget? Styling or purposeful?
Front grill mods
Mudflaps
Table vinyl cover
Wheels
Wind deflectors
How's that to start.

Looking for ideas of upgrades or tweaks I can do whilst the van isn't moving much.

So far I have:

• Fit an auto light switch replacement to upgrade my lights to automatic.
  • Install rail clips onto my slidepod table so I use it inside.
Do you have solar?

What's your budget? Styling or purposeful?
Front grill mods
Mudflaps
Table vinyl cover
Wheels
Wind deflectors
How's that to start.
I have a zunsport grill, cover on table and wind defectors but I dont have mudflaps at present, easy job?

Last edited:
I've still to fit mine but looks straight forward enough. Hardest bit I think was that you had to remove the front wheels to get good access.

Do you have a rear bumper cover?

What about a good Spring clean...?
I’ve recently done mine and cleared a load of stuff out the van, I haven’t been using.

Got literally bags of space now:thumb

826D6257-01A5-41A2-8C9B-E205DEC73E06.jpeg
6C73CFFF-266A-45A2-80D5-D274EB8970A6.jpeg
34A75CB2-255B-4551-9E77-B4FB9BC59E62.jpeg
199A6756-5E84-44FA-A9C2-9460BC9A694B.jpeg
Nipped over to the Cotswolds this morning for a stroll and picnic.

19F89C2A-5FF1-4632-A069-122181B9AA4E.jpeg

I've still to fit mine but looks straight forward enough. Hardest bit I think was that you had to remove the front wheels to get good access.

black or chrome though? I've been asking myself that question for over six months and have yet to find the answer.

black or chrome though? I've been asking myself that question for over six months and have yet to find the answer.
Much prefer Black :) we’ve removed our chrome and replaced with black especially love the black badge

Be careful with third party covers. I recently saw a post where the tailgate had been catching the cover resulting in bad paint damage to the lip.

Been thinking about a set of these as ours always looks quite low at the rear despite only being 18m old and unladen. They look quite easy to fit...has anyone done it and what was the result. My only concern is going over 2m.

I bought one of those neoprene style ones for the rear bumper but after getting it resprayed I couldnt bring myself to attach it as it looked so nice :D

[/
Been thinking about a set of these as ours always looks quite low at the rear despite only being 18m old and unladen. They look quite easy to fit...has anyone done it and what was the result. My only concern is going over 2m.

Interesting. I have never really been that happy with rear suspension on my t5.1 but equally not wanted to go down the lowering route. I doubt they would take the cali over 2m as it starts at 1.96, i suspect has more than 300kg of kit and also potentially has stiffer springs than converted panel vans to start with. I wonder how different they are to a t32 spring which would be a cheaper way of doing it.

I had just looked at those last night, on YouTube. Was it pedders that did that sort of thing for the rear as well, might be an alternative.

Solar!

Back