Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Sprayed the hinges of the roof and the front upper sliders. Roof was randomly not fully closing at front drivers side. Also fitted a missing black plastic shim to the drivers front scissor hinge. Raises and lowers smoother and faster now. Also stuck a french toll tag to the screen ready for summer.

With manual diff lock? If yes, have you found it useful on that terrain? I imagine the studded tyres would make a huge difference.
No I don't have the diff lock. I recon it would help, I have never been stuck though even in snow past the wheels. Pulled out other cars too without it.

A quarter (~250ml) of the large rainex 1l windscreen washer additive bottle every 2 refills or so. Never tried the wipe on type.
I’ve just ordered some reservoir Rainex, and some Carpro Fog Fight.
I find the windscreen fogs easily on cold days unless the demister button is pressed, which takes off the ‘auto’ function and affects the interior temperature. So I end up faffing.
We’ll see if this gear works.

https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/products/carpro-fog-fight-100ml-kit

I’ve just ordered some reservoir Rainex, and some Carpro Fog Fight.
I find the windscreen fogs easily on cold days unless the demister button is pressed, which takes off the ‘auto’ function and affects the interior temperature. So I end up faffing.
We’ll see if this gear works.

https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/products/carpro-fog-fight-100ml-kit
Try running the AirCon on recirculation to lower the interior humidification, or crack a window to allow the humid interior air to be ventilated.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Rain X works far better when it has a chance to bond to the windscreen.

It’s better to use the the traditional rainex (applied to windscreen with a cloth) rather than rainex washer additive ; some issues have been reported:

Thanks!
I applied the wipe-on stuff yesterday, so will stick with that.
500ml of Rainex reservoir additive for sale!

It’s better to use the the traditional rainex (applied to windscreen with a cloth) rather than rainex washer additive ; some issues have been reported:

The older rainex was much thicker and have hear reports of it clogging pipes/motors. The ones in the last few years are different and have not had any issues. I use it more diluted than their recommendations.

Fitted missing trim cover to the side door lower guide, dash tray mats and trial fitted a jerba campervans midge screen.

IMG_20230109_195432.jpg

Enjoyable drive home from down south late afternoon up M3/M25/ M1 / M18 in the relaxing California, superb motorways transport.

This is more of a "done to your California". Had to call the AA. Went through a puddle of water the front left wheel sprayed water and the heat shield on the left bent inside and was hitting the drive shaft. The AA gentlemen came and just pushed it back and all was well. 2nd time this is happening. Will fabricate something to keep the heat shield in place.

IMG_20230115_091602.jpg

82501802e5e6806b444989ea6007c1fb.jpg

Took the dirty bus on a trip to Bognor Motors to adjust the coil overs up a little after they settled about 15mm since installation and, put new rear bushes on.

I wasn’t expecting the ride to change but it does seem much better over bumps (I guess there’s a bit more shock and spring travel to be had).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agilis Crossclimates meant no problems even without chains. I love these tires! Not my first experience...a month after installing them I climbed the Port de Bonaigüa, 2000m in the Pyrenees at -10c with fresh snow and ice, not plowed at 7am, without need for chains. Cars ahead of me were sliding and stopped to install chains in unpleasant conditions. It's very satisfying when a product delivers as advertised. I did have doubts when looking to buy about whether to get 4Motion, but snow professional friends in the Pyrenees advised against because of fuel consumption and maintenance, saying pay attention to 1st class tires. Others' experience may differ, but mine has been great. The tread pattern is much more aggressive than Crossclimate + or SUV, depends on what you use your van for.7F0BB3BE-E30A-4742-B054-AB8048EFE1A8.jpeg

Last edited:
Back