Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Taken to stopping at nearby sites when visiting clients up north rather than slumming it in a Premier Inn - this little site near Bedale was quick and easy - even if the nearby estate dogs started howling at 615 o_O

tempImagerz0JmJ.jpg

Last edited:
2F96819F-924E-4AAB-984C-2B776F85B3EB.jpeg
I unzipped the VW shaped foot part of the mattress and left upstairs.
Just need something g to cover the zip with if it rattles now. I guess some gaffer tape would suffice ?

Use to the van to transport 4 bikes to the forest for cycling. Perfect day 10 C and dry. The forest is often too sandy but enough moisture to make it easy today. When we got back to the car park there were 3 other VW campers there.

forrest.jpg

Quick jaunt to Cheddar. Short pic from the dash cam of the amazing drive out. We stayed at the brilliant CMC club site right in town, perfect location if you wanted to stay a few days and walk from there. Spotless and quiet site with nay a vanlifer having a mid life crisis party in a van in sight. Walked the 2.5 hour loop around the Gorge at 9am when we were the only two up there. Saw zero gorge, misty as heck. When we came down at 1130 the place was crawling with tourists. Just in time for an escape after coffee and pasties in the van!

019DB8FF-B8D6-440E-9FFB-2A2D3DC5EB52.jpeg

Cycled round langstone harbour, southsea to hayling Island then over on the ferry back to the van. Stopped at the ferry inn for refreshments. Lovely fairly flattish ride suitable for all ages.

What part of the new forest were you in, whenever I visit only see donkeys, ponies and cows, yet to see a herd of deer, great photos.

What part of the new forest were you in, whenever I visit only see donkeys, ponies and cows, yet to see a herd of deer, great photos.
These were near Stoney Cross, on the edge of the old WW2 airfield.

If you stay on setthorns campsite there’s lots of deer that come right up to campervans, pretty much guaranteed to see them every day.
Only a few feet away and Zebedee (dog) was there.
C050BBAE-20CB-45C0-B5F5-3E8F2C06969B.jpegCC27EB02-4442-4388-AE6C-4E93CA965761.jpeg

If you stay on setthorns campsite there’s lots of deer that come right up to campervans, pretty much guaranteed to see them every day.
Only a few feet away and Zebedee (dog) was there.
View attachment 104929View attachment 104930
Setthorns, looks a nice site, but lacks basic facilities, like many of the camping in the forest sites, was thinking of booking Long Meadow, their website photos show deer coming onto the campsite and I like the area around Brockenhurst.

These were near Stoney Cross, on the edge of the old WW2 airfield.
Thanks, not an area of the new forest I’m familiar with, will possibly explore on a future visit. Tend to stick to areas south of the A31 currently.

Thanks, not an area of the new forest I’m familiar with, will possibly explore on a future visit. Tend to stick to areas south of the A31 currently.
Bolderwood wood also a good spot they feed deer in the summer. If into wildlife close by is a Reptile centre.

Managed to put the new wheels on that I purchased from a fellow forum member
fd545504fdc88f114dd36a33df269546.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back