Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

They look good. Do they stop water coming in when you open the window after it rains, I always seem to get drips if I open the window after rain. Also what are the other advantages of fitting deflectors?
Also, you can open the window a few cm without it being immediately obvious from the outside, if you have a smoke or dark tinted version.

Look good..did you have to drill anything and they are held with a small screw like alternatives Hekko (spelling?)
Yes have to drill using a 1mm drill bit. And then a fiddly (if you have large hands) small screw.

Just be mindful about anything over hanging the rear door before opening. There’s a reason why VW roof bars sit at the height they do ;)
Nice low profile.
Lol, yes, that’s a good thought to keep planted in my head.
The Kamei Delphin 340 gloss black roof box
Will fit up there nice if I ever need an extended luggage area.
The Kamei is T-Track so will just slide straight in. And only overhang a little of the solar panel.
But wanted to keep the roof bars on all year round, so no messing about when I need them.
They sit 30mm above the awning.
Awning at front and rear is 1960mm
So roof bars are keeping me at 199cm.
Happy to get under 2m height barriers

Lol, yes, that’s a good thought to keep planted in my head.
The Kamei Delphin 340 gloss black roof box
Will fit up there nice if I ever need an extended luggage area.
The Kamei is T-Track so will just slide straight in. And only overhang a little of the solar panel.
But wanted to keep the roof bars on all year round, so no messing about when I need them.
They sit 30mm above the awning.
Awning at front and rear is 1960mm
So roof bars are keeping me at 199cm.
Happy to get under 2m height barriers

Those bars being lower, will really help with access into the box.
Good idea :thumb

How's the comfort? Do you use it in conjunction with the VW supplied mattress? Poptop close OK?
Really very comfortable ! Yes, on top of Vw mattress. Remove and ratchet strap up, and place on rear shelf

Parked up at a VERY windy and wet Etties Field. Good opportunity to hunker down and finally use the projector brackets in the wild after the screens came back in stock.

EFD6A490-E2E6-4357-827A-698F5F047F21.jpegC5CFB84D-E01B-4D4D-87DE-B5698A52FE45.jpeg

Wiped, cleaned and applied Gummi Pflege to the wipers and left them to dry.

Anyways - 6th year with the original wipers and they are still going good and cleaning as they should. Gummi Pflege on the wipers and Rainex in the wiper reservoir helps to keep visibility at the max even in wet weather.

PXL_20221228_095016332.jpg

A quarter (~250ml) of the large rainex 1l windscreen washer additive bottle every 2 refills or so. Never tried the wipe on type.
Thanks didn’t realise there was a reservoir type

Looks amazing! It might be a stupid question but do you have 4WD or just winter tyres?
I do have 4motion and that helps a lot, I have nokian Hakkapeliitta c4 studded tires, they are getting hard though and I will change to Goodyear ultragrip arctic when I get back. There has been a lot of snow and ice on the trip.

Back