Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Travel to EU may not be straightforward next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that a mod would would want to reel this thread in when we're all having a whale of a time.However should it start to flounder it might be a different kettle of fish.
Im not rising to the bait.

All we need to know:

Excellent article.

I’ve sat in a dark room with a cup of coffee to get my head around the not surprising complications.

My only observation is that by hook or by crook an agreement has to be reached with the EU either as part of the Brexit package or later so surely if it is the only stumbling block a deal/fudge will be found.

If an agreement is reached there will be howls of protest from one side or the other and it will not be possible to explain the mechanism in our tabloid media.

Mike

I doubt that a mod would would want to reel this thread in when we're all having a whale of a time.However should it start to flounder it might be a different kettle of fish.
You’re orca-strating a clash of swordsfish on porpoise

We go to France every year, and spend lots of money. I doubt Macron, or whoever, will wish to exclude British tourists, particularly after a dire 2020. We might need to get a driving card, but we might not. If our insurers try to hike anything we’ll be shopping for new insurance.

Deal or not, you won’t be able to take a ham/cheese sandwich across the border anymore and will have to empty the fridge of meat/dairy before you go.

We go to France every year, and spend lots of money. I doubt Macron, or whoever, will wish to exclude British tourists, particularly after a dire 2020. We might need to get a driving card, but we might not. If our insurers try to hike anything we’ll be shopping for new insurance.
Also EU tourists spend 28 billion here.

Back to the topic...
which I believe was EU countries denying access from UK travellers after 1st January due to COVID19.
This now seems to be being applied from WITHIN the UK to stop the transmission of the new strain of the virus.
At least that’s what I take from the announcement from Nicola Sturgeon and Boris Johnson in the last hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back