Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Travel to EU may not be straightforward next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's new.
Until it has been proven that a vaccine prevents onward transmission, instead of just protecting the vaccinated person, then a vaccinated person is just as dangerous as asymptomatic carriers to a non vaccinated population.
We are now entering a dangerous period that will not end until 70 +% of the population is vaccinated or it is proven that vaccination stops transmission.

This is what’s new:

British holidaymakers will be barred from the European Union from 1 January under current Covid-19 safety restrictions, with the EU commission indicating there will be no exemption for the UK.

The decision will no longer be ours to take, so the choice aspect is removed.

This is what’s new:

British holidaymakers will be barred from the European Union from 1 January under current Covid-19 safety restrictions, with the EU commission indicating there will be no exemption for the UK.

The decision will no longer be ours to take, so the choice aspect is removed.
Until the Tourist season starts.

At which point we will be limited to 90 days or face a fine and ban and will require expensive private health insurance, 4 months notice for pets and an international driving permit, increased car insurance rates and roaming data surcharges so we can use our terrible exchange rate in the sunshine. I have been unable to identify a single positive outcome for me so far, but I must be missing something.

At which point we will be limited to 90 days or face a fine and ban and will require expensive private health insurance, 4 months notice for pets and an international driving permit, increased car insurance rates and roaming data surcharges so we can use our terrible exchange rate in the sunshine. I have been unable to identify a single positive outcome for me so far, but I must be missing something.
You are.

Or would it be that businesses in England, Scotland and Wales will now be competing directly with those based in Northern Ireland, who will now have full access to to the EU on equal trading terms following Gove’s announcement yesterday?

All depends on the Worldwide vaccination campaigns, and the prevelance of Covid 19.

So what's new.
Until it has been proven that a vaccine prevents onward transmission, instead of just protecting the vaccinated person, then a vaccinated person is just as dangerous as asymptomatic carriers to a non vaccinated population.
We are now entering a dangerous period that will not end until 70 +% of the population is vaccinated or it is proven that vaccination stops transmission.
If the prediction of a bit over 50% on GMTV will have the vaccine then we won’t be going anywhere till we either die or it burns itself out.

Or would it be that businesses in England, Scotland and Wales will now be competing directly with those based in Northern Ireland, who will now have full access to to the EU on equal trading terms following Gove’s announcement yesterday?
It might be something to do with fish? Always the fish.

It might be something to do with fish? Always the fish.
Excuse the pun, but that might be a red herring.
It’s being argued that Macron is using fishing rights to force a no deal which will be a positive outcome for France and for his re-election.

I don’t understand this fish thing...Fish and chips used to be a cheap family meal now you are talking £30 + for a family of 4..Does this “Deal” mean the price of drop so we can afford to buy it again?
No it means fishing won’t be worth doing, lost its biggest outlet. Doh!

The Media are bundling two issues into one, for headline purposes.

Coming out of the EU on Jan 1st has meant that there will be now the same travel into the EU as all other non EU Countries have at present.

Any Covid-19 travel restrictions are related to a Countries infection level. It hasn't been decided as yet if there will be an EU wide control or whether individual States can make independent decisions in future.

The Media are bundling two issues into one, for headline purposes.

Coming out of the EU on Jan 1st has meant that there will be now the same travel into the EU as all other non EU Countries have at present.

Any Covid-19 travel restrictions are related to a Countries infection level. It hasn't been decided as yet if there will be an EU wide control or whether individual States can make independent decisions in future.
It looks like it already has been decided:

It looks like it already has been decided:

Follow the REAL News and take care to separate facts out from speculation.

Currently no entry to France unless deemed on the permitted category, for example.

Which is?
Not falling for that one. If you are not sure what the OP is missing then I’ll leave you to decide what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back