Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thank you and Good bye!

A recently installed double charge point I used at a Co-op, Double it may be, but to use both at the same time you’d have to ask someone to plug you in as you’d be trapped in your car . I drive deliver EV’s on a regular basis, the position of some chargers shows a complete lack of thought. One I tried to use in Scotland (it wasn’t working correctly ) was in a service road adjacent to a cul de sac of 6 houses, absolutely nothing else there. Also, the QR codes used on some units are impossible to scan when It’s raining. Some chargers near airports or stations are monopolised by mini cabs, one in one out all the time, charge point etiquette doesn’t exist. Morrisons supermarket units charge £1.00 just to connect up in addition to the actual cost of charging.

74E2CE40-2A73-41AF-AB3E-C641E21E97C4.jpeg

1B371479-988D-4E3C-998F-4F4347919F67.jpeg

Some of these charge points won’t be around in a few years.
Once companies realise a bit of thought and planning is required for their use. Things will change.
Cowboys are throwing these chargers in at the minute, I was offered a job a couple of weeks ago installing them. The company said, it’s an open cheque book and years of work ahead…

Necessity is the mother of invention. In the long term EVs will have longer range, faster charging and the infrastructure will replace petrol and diesel pumps with EV charge points. With regulations ending the sale of petrol/diesel cars in 2030, this is inevitable. I see a tipping point at around 2027 when EVs will overtake sales of ICE. At that point, petrol stations will have to change or they'll go out of business. EV Charging points will be ubiquitous and competition will keep prices down. Companies will see the value on putting charge points in their car parks as a way to entice customers. The accompanying development in autonomous vehicle technology will render some car ownership as obsolete. Pay a subscription, order a car when you need one and it'll turn up. These vehicles will already be charged and will have appropriate range for the journey you need to take. The number of vehicles will reduce as ownership is no longer required. The infrastructure will then balance itself to meet the needs of the subscription and ownership model. (30 years from now is my guess).

No one has mentioned the Elephant in the Room. Fuel Duty.

IC cars pay VED, Fuel Duty and Vat on fuel.

EV cars pay VED and Vat on electricity.

Fuel Duty is the missing tax that makes EV financially attractive, at present.

So increase VED x 4?
Increase Vat on Electricity?
Surcharge on Public Charging Points but doesn't catch the home chargers unless you use Smart Meters to monitor.
Road Tolls? Which roads and How ?