GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
It's cold in Ypres tonight.

It always is this time of year.

Having a glass of wine, talking with my Sister I think back to the last time I was here, 12 months ago and the year just gone.

Quite a year really. All I seem to have done is complain, taken on authority, rattled my MP's cage, etc. Thank goodness for freedom. Taken so much for granted. After all, it's "my right".

Tomorrow it's St Georges memorial church, 0915, remembrance. Then Menin gate, my place reserved with the last post association. The choking back of tears as the hundreds of thousands of poppies fall to the ground, N]not just the entente: hundreds of thousands of German mothers lost sons here also.

All for my freedom. My freedom to take for granted my right to complain, to protest, to bitch, to call my MP to account, to sound off to the press, to complain about injustice and not having my flu jab on time.

My freedom paid for by them.

Thank you.

Last edited:
We owe a lot and should never forget.

Here in Montouleiu they've filled the campsite's swimming pool with trout for a "game" for children. I'm not sure what that is all about, but I'm reliably informed that it's connected with the Remembrance Day service at the church next door.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Back