Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air Shows and Airfields to visit.

Fairford is great. From memory we arrived about 7 and had breakfast etc. in the Cali before gates opened at 8.30. Your day is very dependant on the weather, fortunately we had glorious sun and needed lots of water topups from the onsite bowsers. We must have done 25,000 steps that day going up and down the displays. Great show.

Went to RIAT/Fairford last year and going again this year. Stayed Fairford airshow camping at Townsend farm and we walked 9 miles by the time we’d finished. We were absolutely cream krackered but I t was great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stumbled on this place in Holland.
The place of rest for the Dambuster.
It’s great the town recognises the importance of these pilots…

C8501024-E84C-4CFC-9188-BEA4F40AC3D2.jpeg

Great links thanks.
Booked Fairford, as its local-ish.

But Cromer looks good too. Might be worth a weekend to the Beach
Cromer air show / carnival week (next week)
Red arrows Wednesday next week.
Booked into Manor Farm campsite, easy walk into Cromer, cycle to Sheringham etc.
Holkam estate worth a visit, nice bike rides around the estate, Holkam Beach etc
Kingslynn Speedway Thursday evening

We went to Fairford and the heavens opened mid afternoon.
People were absolutely drenched.
Fortunately, Soulstyle took a fishing umbrella and was saved a soaking.
The field almost emptied after that downpour, which was a shame. There were still some great aircraft to see.

Other than the rain, it was a really well organised event, hard to get round in a weekend, never mind a day.

Blackpool Air Show this weekend, mixed weather on the forecast.

Blackpool Air Show this weekend, mixed weather on the forecast.

All the modern stuff should be able to fly. The only thing grounded at RIAT (due to high winds) was the BOB fly past .
Have fun :thumb

Red arrows were Grounded for the Cromer festival, technical issue grounded the whole fleet !

Now resolved and will be making an Appearance at Eastbourne

I heard the Red Arrows will not be at Cromer next year as they already have a booking on that date, which is a real shame as Covid , Bad weather and Tech issues had meant they have failed to appear at Cromer for the last three years.

Good festival this year, despite No Arrows.

A8C99C49-F25F-4B0B-812B-F0A3E909EB88.jpeg

9A08CB2D-2D1F-4720-8672-17B8A8BD929A.jpeg

369162A7-CBEB-4D48-AE68-36E83936DE6E.jpeg

2D246ACB-EB8A-4857-B524-5DD66E2266B4.jpeg

157CCA85-7838-4B26-9068-F6104AC19342.jpeg

AB8F4D05-C9FE-4A65-8820-93EC18E3BEFF.jpeg

3855DB67-9E3E-4BF7-A490-901073F95A2C.jpeg

Great links thanks.
Booked Fairford, as its local-ish.

But Cromer looks good too. Might be worth a weekend to the Beach
2024 dates

(don’t think Red arrows will be at Cromer 2024, speaking to Ground crew at Cromer and Eastbourne, I think they are overseas) the Cromer carnival is on the same week every year, so they are able to predict availability, the Carnival is still a great Craic and typically British.