Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thank you

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
For all the messages of support recently.

It is the most brilliant start to a new year anyone could ask for :)

I was told back in 2013 that should the naso-pharyngeal cancer return then surgery would likely to be radical and disfiguring.

6 years in cancer surgery and research can be life-changing.

Subject to radio I am now free of cancer following the final targeted removal today of likely cells, and my face is intact barring a small bloody patch on the end of my nose.

I can breath again. One of my hero's as an historian is Aneurin Bevan. As someone who has worked in the USA, where my treatment over the last three months would have nearly bankrupted me, and in the third world, where lack of treatment opportunities would have killed me 6 years ago, I praise to hell those brave pioneers who gave us the NHS. Thank you Paul, @WelshGas and others who are or were professionals working in that most fantastic national treasure.

Ok, I'm back. Where are we all going on our next cali adventure?

For all the messages of support recently.

It is the most brilliant start to a new year anyone could ask for :)

I was told back in 2013 that should the naso-pharyngeal cancer return then surgery would likely to be radical and disfiguring.

6 years in cancer surgery and research can be life-changing.

Subject to radio I am now free of cancer following the final targeted removal today of likely cells, and my face is intact barring a small bloody patch on the end of my nose.

I can breath again. One of my hero's as an historian is Aneurin Bevan. As someone who has worked in the USA, where my treatment over the last three months would have nearly bankrupted me, and in the third world, where lack of treatment opportunities would have killed me 6 years ago, I praise to hell those brave pioneers who gave us the NHS. Thank you Paul, @WelshGas and others who are or were professionals working in that most fantastic national treasure.

Ok, I'm back. Where are we all going on our next cali adventure?

Good to have you back!
Where are you heading next?
We‘ll be for a short trip in the Region of Basel/France and the Jura.
e2919f98ba89f8cc4965163e88325bd2.jpg

What about you?

That’s brilliant news, I don’t know you but I’m so glad for you, here’s to 2020

Good to have you back!
Where are you heading next?
We‘ll be for a short trip in the Region of Basel/France and the Jura.
e2919f98ba89f8cc4965163e88325bd2.jpg

What about you?

My next trip is nothing exotic ...

End of next week I am heading to the English university town of Cambridge and spending time a Museum near Cambridge, an air museum, where I may be helping with a project over the next few weeks. I keep trying to retire but the historian in me will not allow it :)

Happy&healthy 2020 @GrannyJen ! And everyone else;)
Our plan is to see Scotland this year as our big trip , 3-4 weeks in june is the time we are thinking of . Hoping to get out more than last year , we also had some major health issues involving the c-word and had to let our beloved dog go so hoping for a better year ...

A happy and healthy 2020 to you GJ. Happy to hear the good news

In addition to smaller escapes, the big plan for this year is Switzerland in May/June. Not much planning, just get up and go!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Great news and here's to lots adventures 2020. So true about the precious NHS!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

glad to have you back fit and well.
Always a tonic to read your wit & humour.

My next trip is nothing exotic ...

End of next week I am heading to the English university town of Cambridge and spending time a Museum near Cambridge, an air museum, where I may be helping with a project over the next few weeks. I keep trying to retire but the historian in me will not allow it :)
Hi @GrannyJen
So glad you are feeling better :)you must go to the Granchester tea rooms for afternoon tea whilst in Cambridge.
You can walk along the river cam back into Town approx40mins - and if a fan ofTV series you can visit the church and pub from the series :thumb

Excellent news!

'An air museum near Cambridge' - none of us could possibly guess where that is, could we? ;)

Happy&healthy 2020 @GrannyJen ! And everyone else;)
Our plan is to see Scotland this year as our big trip , 3-4 weeks in june is the time we are thinking of . Hoping to get out more than last year , we also had some major health issues involving the c-word and had to let our beloved dog go so hoping for a better year ...

Thank you Wim and my warmest wishes for 2020 to you and Kathy xx

Hi @GrannyJen
So glad you are feeling better :)you must go to the Granchester tea rooms for afternoon tea whilst in Cambridge.
You can walk along the river cam back into Town approx40mins - and if a fan ofTV series you can visit the church and pub from the series :thumb

Thank you for the recommendation! Another one on the list. Yes, definitely!

Excellent news!

'An air museum near Cambridge' - none of us could possibly guess where that is, could we? ;)

They won't let me retire :D

For six years anyone going to an organised tour on HMS Belfast or CM/CWR would likely have heard me drone on at time point, then after my scream of "I am retired" it was WW1 centenaries in Belgium and now an old friend wants to talk about that place. I know nothing about history of Military aircraft, I can't tell a blimp from a B52 so it's going to be interesting :D

Hello GrannyGen,

my wife is receiving ongoing treatment for breast cancer. It wiped out much of 2019, but the Cali came in to its own throughout.

We picked the days with no treatment and ventured off around the country for a few days rest and recuperation.

2020 will bring more treatment for another lump on one of her lungs, and this is 70% likely to be another cancer, albeit very slow growing and we are told that once it is removed then it will be gone.

So the Cali will be used extensively again.

We have met some wonderful people during our Cali ownership and made some great friends.

Here's to you and 2020 and beyond.

Love and best regards

Alan and Karen