Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Testing positive for COVID and returning to UK (Jun22)

Dottie

Dottie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I think I need a declaration of recovery from Portugal after 7 days since my positive test, with no symptoms for 48 hours and a COVID recovery certificate after 11 days of the test for Spain. I am vaccinated.
It’s all so very unclear.
Then it appears UK entry just needs me to be vaccinated!
Has anyone been there before me? I just want to get home now and should just make all these rules of days, but it is so unclear if I need the recovery certificates if I’m vaccinated!
ive now been self isolating for 7 days....still the law in Portugal!

Recovery Cert is valid for 90 days and will allow entry into the UK. Same will be generated if you have logged + results into the NHS App.

Negative test is not required as you can still sometimes test + for a while after recovering from Covid.(hence 90 day period on the recovery cert). Recovery cert avoids the need to present a test result.

Last edited:
I think I need a declaration of recovery from Portugal after 7 days since my positive test, with no symptoms for 48 hours and a COVID recovery certificate after 11 days of the test for Spain. I am vaccinated.
It’s all so very unclear.
Then it appears UK entry just needs me to be vaccinated!
Has anyone been there before me? I just want to get home now and should just make all these rules of days, but it is so unclear if I need the recovery certificates if I’m vaccinated!
ive now been self isolating for 7 days....still the law in Portugal!

There are currently no requirements for anything to enter the Uk. From the .GOV website

"Travel to England from another country during coronavirus (COVID-19)
You do not need to complete a UK passenger locator form before you travel, take any COVID-19 tests or quarantine when you arrive in England."

Assuming you are driving, the requirements are for entry to Spain are just that you are fully vaccinated, Same for France, the certificate of recovery for both is only required if you are not fully vaccinated.

If it was me, Knowing that entry to UK is not going to be any problem, with no chance of being sent to an isolation hotel or the like & that the chances of being stopped at any border crossings from Portugal and Spain are just about Zero. I would stop worrying about it & just drive home.

Back