Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

I was sent these in an email from SMG
I would think they are VW codes not SMG ones
Last I heard mine was at code 30 but that was a few weeks ago so hopefully on a boat at least by now

00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed
30 = In transit from factory
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Southern Motor Group
70 = Vehicle arrived at Southern Motor Group
Hopefully mines on the same ship Archie. :thumb It was code 39 on Tuesday.

Hi everyone, as a first timer on the forum its great to hear so many positive stories and I can't wait to finally own a Cali having thought about it for a long time! I ordered my T6 back in mid Jan and was told at the time 3 months was a more than realistic timeframe from order to receipt of vehicle. Having stumbled upon this thread a few days back I realise now that's not going to happen! I've spoken with the salesman who now acknowledges there has been a delay in production (not sure of the root cause). The end of March delivery prediction is now looking like June ( I don't yet have a definitive build week) which will severely scupper us on a few bookings we have already made.

Is anyone else in a similar position? Maybe 3 months was an unrealistic expectation to start with but that's what I was told and trusted the information given to me at the time. I'm now seriously considering pulling out and looking at the 2nd hand market (some what reluctantly I have to say). Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks

Hi everyone, as a first timer on the forum its great to hear so many positive stories and I can't wait to finally own a Cali having thought about it for a long time! I ordered my T6 back in mid Jan and was told at the time 3 months was a more than realistic timeframe from order to receipt of vehicle. Having stumbled upon this thread a few days back I realise now that's not going to happen! I've spoken with the salesman who now acknowledges there has been a delay in production (not sure of the root cause). The end of March delivery prediction is now looking like June ( I don't yet have a definitive build week) which will severely scupper us on a few bookings we have already made.

Is anyone else in a similar position? Maybe 3 months was an unrealistic expectation to start with but that's what I was told and trusted the information given to me at the time. I'm now seriously considering pulling out and looking at the 2nd hand market (some what reluctantly I have to say). Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks
Hi - I ordered my Cali Ocean at the end of November and was told it would be build week 11 - mid march - that has now been put back at least 5 weeks due to the production delays pls 4 weeks to ship and prep so possibly now end May but as of last week the build week has disappeared from the order while the factory "reschedules" production - so its anyones guess when it will appear.

Thanks
Hi Magicman - welcome to the forum.

I think you need to ask some questions of your dealer. 3 months was NEVER a realistic timescale. I ordered my Cali in the first week of November. The deater quoted me 6 months at that time which would have been April delivery. I was subsequently delighted when the build date was confirmed as week 4. I thought that that meant I would have it by 1 March but I haven't seen it yet. It is in the UK and expected at the dealer next week. That'll be 4 1/2 montns from order. I ordered the week before the first demonstrators hit the UK showrooms. My understanding is that orders inceased a little then and that delivery times went out a bit.

The VW dealer network has access to demonstrators and hire vehicles. You could try getting your dealer to lend you a vehicle or at least give you a very good deal on a rental for your trip commitments. I know that a couple of people who had to reject their vehicles due to them being built wrongly were given free loan vehicles. However I suspect the response to protracted delivery times will just be that it is out of the dealer's control.

Have a go and let us know how you get on.

Hi - I ordered my Cali Ocean at the end of November and was told it would be build week 11 - mid march - that has now been put back at least 5 weeks due to the production delays pls 4 weeks to ship and prep so possibly now end May but as of last week the build week has disappeared from the order while the factory "reschedules" production - so its anyones guess when it will appear.
Sounds like a nightmare. But don't despair yet. They went through a rescheduling exercise in November and mine actually came forward a few weeks.

Hi There,

We ordered our California Ocean 204 in November also and was given a delivery date of the end of March, this has now been moved to July and is still unconfimed and I have been told a more realistic date is now late August due to the California factory closing for the summer holidays.

I am really disgusted by this as we had several trips booked plus we were due to go to the June Cali meet.

After numerous calls to VWCS they have advised me this is down to severe component shortage which includes roof, swiveling seats to name but a few.

We have been offered our deposit back and we are seriously considering accepting this and looking for an ex demo or T5

Thanks for the responses. I have now just been given a confirmed build week of 22 which would put delivery sometime in July, some 3 months later than we initially thought. I am hopeful this could come forward but based on previous comments I'm not confident. Had I known this up front I don't think I would have placed the order.
I have requested from the dealer that they supply us with a replacement vehicle for a few weekends we had booked which they have agreed to verbally although nothing in writing as yet.
I'm having exactly the same thoughts as you dansikitty, if there were ex demo models out there I would certainly be interested although I think they are few and far between. I have my heart set on the Cali, but I guess a T6 conversion or T5 Cali are the other options to consider.

I wasn't aware the factory closed either, I read from previous threads this is for 6 weeks over July/early August, can anyone confirm that? It may be useful information for others awaiting their vehicles due around that time.

So if a build date is confirmed in system it still can change?

We ordered our Beach on 17th Feb, checked today and still no build date :(:(:(

Hello Stoneybroke, we ordered our Ocean on the 20th Jan. We just received confirmation earlier this week of a 'build date' - for week 16 (April).
I guess we should be a month behind - or is that too simplistic?

A dealer quoting 3 months delivery in January is obviously lying and is lying even more mentioning component shortages. Strange that both 3 months delivery and component shortages only effects the british market?
I realize you trust this dealer, but I wonder what else the are unserious about?

I guess we should be a month behind - or is that too simplistic?

I hope so - good luck. After reading about other folk's experiences on this thread we were pleased to get a 'confirmed build ' update this week that was almost spot on with the dealer's original estimate.

We ordered 19 th January 150 DSG Ocean .
We were given a confirmed date a couple of weeks ago,but recently informed it was an admin error. Dealer very apologetic.
Still unconfirmed . One day .....

Last edited:
We placed an order for a 150 manual California Ocean on Thursday from Southern Motor Group Tonbridge and have been told 12 -16 weeks. Our salesman Martin explained that 16 weeks is a guide and that recently California's have been arriving in 12 weeks.

Last edited:
It seems that VW are playing everyone around still. We placed an order forOcean 204 DSG 4 motion on 16 th Dec. We have been given 6 unconfirmed build dates ranging from week 8 to 17 and we are still unconfirmed. We are currently in discussion with VWCS who informed us the delays were because we changed from a manual to DSG, complete fabrication, always DSG. Seeing all your confirmed dates and your orders being put in 5 weeks after ours is really aggravating. Ordering is a complete shambles. Our poor sales advisor Chris at SMG is trying his best but without much success. All we want is a confirmed date.

We placed an order for a 150 California Ocean on Thursday from Southern Motor Group Tonbridge and have been told 12 -16 weeks. Our salesman Martin explained that 16 weeks is a guide and that recently California's have been arriving in 12 weeks.
Hmm - hands up all tide whose Calis arrived in 12 weeks!

Hi Blubus, I'm very interested in your comment as Tonbridge was where I ordered mine from back in mid Jan. I can tell you for a fact that 12-16 weeks is an unrealistic timeframe. I was told exactly the same thing and I have just received a confirmed build week some 12 weeks later than I was originally told. 5-6 months is more realistic. I too ordered a 150 ocean, mine being DSG rather than manual but I can't believe this would be the reason for the hold up.

Hi Magicman,

I placed my order knowing that I would be lucky to have our California before the end of the Summer. It was only once I placed the order that I asked about delivery time, so I see no reason for Martin to over promise other than this is based on what his experice is. I will post more details when I get them. From reading the forum it does seem DSG models are in higher demand than manuals.

Hi Blubus, I'm very interested in your comment as Tonbridge was where I ordered mine from back in mid Jan. I can tell you for a fact that 12-16 weeks is an unrealistic timeframe. I was told exactly the same thing and I have just received a confirmed build week some 12 weeks later than I was originally told. 5-6 months is more realistic. I too ordered a 150 ocean, mine being DSG rather than manual but I can't believe this would be the reason for the hold up.
Can I ask how long before you got your build date and when it is ? Waiting with baited breath to see if tomorrow ( Monday ) will bring us a confirmed date.

I got a provisional build week 14 within a few days of ordering in week 2. Hopeful of a confirmed date imminently but twitchy whenever I read threads like this. Still hoping for a mid to late May delivery.

It's a DSG Beach, by the way.

Hello Everyone, I was monitoring this post at the weekend as we also ordered a 204 DSG Ocean at the end of November and were hoping for an early spring time delivery, however our build has still not been confirmed, our dealer said their is a huge compenent shortage in Germany and by the sounds of it the factory has come to a halt ( I think someone mentioned a swivel seat shortage which would explain this) He also said some of the customers that had build dates are now having them changed to 8-12 later which is very worrying for me as we have a ferry crossing booked for May which is now looking highly unlikey we can use.

I just hope we get it by the summer time :(

When I initially ordered back in January the provisional build date was week 12, this has now been confirmed as week 22. This seems to be the case with some other here. I'd be surprised if the DSG version was the reason for the hold up, when I asked the dealership they couldn't give a reason. There just doesn't;t seem to be any consistency here, that's my biggest frustration. A little more information from VW would be helpful. The beach orders seem to be less affected.

Back