Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California in winter/snow conditions

Sportstest

Sportstest

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
My problem at this time of year seems to be finding a garage with winter tyres! I also believe we need "commercial" rated tyres, which is making the search (locally at least) slightly harder.

sapto

sapto

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
My problem at this time of year seems to be finding a garage with winter tyres! I also believe we need "commercial" rated tyres, which is making the search (locally at least) slightly harder.

What about the online shops, delivered to a local garage to fit them? Any chance?

Sportstest

Sportstest

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
What about the online shops, delivered to a local garage to fit them? Any chance?
Yes, great idea, just looking at that as an option now. Need to pull my finger out, as travelling on NYD to Germany!

Sportstest

Sportstest

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150

I need to be here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...:0x22db881047c37b4e!8m2!3d50.29655!4d10.18746 by 8am on the 2nd!

So I guess if I get stopped on the way over I am at the mercy of the German police if I don't have the correct tyres fitted?

sapto

sapto

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
I need to be here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...:0x22db881047c37b4e!8m2!3d50.29655!4d10.18746 by 8am on the 2nd!

So I guess if I get stopped on the way over I am at the mercy of the German police if I don't have the correct tyres fitted?

Yes, IMO best is to fit some wintertyres at home, actuelly pretty soon if you want to be there today in a week.
Just be on the safe side. What about the local VW commercial dealer? I guess not the one with the best prices though

s2bear

s2bear

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I’ve bought a few sets of winter tyres from Camskill Tyres - they always seem keenly priced and quick delivery. Just bought a winter spare from Tyreleader.co.uk and that has decent prices but delivery not as quick. I messed up and bought a ‘directional’ tyre though (wasn’t thinking and it didn’t specify). Just did a week of very heavy snow in Ste Foy Tarentaise. 4MDSG Beach on 275/35R20 Michelin Alpine’s. Didn’t need my chains at all and it was a breeze.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walrus

Walrus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140

VW California Club