Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sites that allow only one night stays

K

KATCali

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I am finding it difficult to find sites that allow only one night stays.
I have been looking at pitchup.com, ukcampsites.co.uk and the Camping and Caravan Club and a lot of sites insist on at least two nights stay, or even more during Bank Holidays/August!
Have you got any advise for where to find sites that cater for Motorhomes and one night stays??
Thanks for any info :)

Britstops if you can manage without a washroom for the night, and even then some may provide those facilities.

All caravan club sites allow one night stays all year round.

I have been looking at pitchup.com, ukcampsites.co.uk and the Camping and Caravan Club and a lot of sites insist on at least two nights stay, or even more during Bank Holidays/August!
Have you got any advise for where to find sites that cater for Motorhomes and one night stays??
Yes this really annoys me as well because we don't very often stay more then 1 night grrrrrr
Take your business to those that do!

Probably can't book just for one night but just ring on day or take a chance and just turn up never had a problem with one night unless it's a bank holiday. Also try the small independent sites lot better than club sites.

I've stuck my head above this parapet before, but now we are officially advertising on the forum I should let everyone know our position. We do have a minimum advanced booking over Whitsun and August bank holidays of 3 nights. However we can usually fit in one night campers come the actual day. I guess it depends if you are happy to play it by ear or not. The problem is we only have a short season, and on these busy weekends we don't want to end up turning away 3 night or more bookings having filled up with one or two nighters. It may sound harsh or mercenary, but we have to make business based decisions. I hope it doesn't put anyone off from trying our site. It is always worth giving us a call too, as we may well have a slot available that our online system would not have allocation for. :thumb

The Caravan Club, besides their large sites there are the CL's, Certified Locations. Maximum 5 pitches, but facilities can be minimal to luxurious. They have to have a water point and disposal point as a minimum, but many have toilets and showers. Few have a mains supply though.

Hi
I had the same problem at Easter in the lakes.i found it very hard to find any sites online without a 3 night limit ,and ended up booking one quite a way from where I wanted to be. But in reality when we arrived there was a lot of space on a lot of sites and most would have accepted us for a night .so I think next time I would go without booking and have a look around when there.hope this helps
Andy

Belonged to the Camping & Caravanning Club in the past and they didn't like it when we arrived at a fairly empty site saying we only wanted to stay one night. Most times they grudgingly said we could (being members helped).In the end we let that membership lapse and stuck with our Caravan Club membership where we could stay one night at a time when touring.

I think Britstop may be your friend here. These are Pubs, and Farm Shops which you can only stay one night. Usually no facilities though, so you do need to be self sufficient.

Alan

Ive regularly turned up at sites without booking and asked for one night. My experience for the past 3 years is not a single site has turned us down for booking one night. No business will turn down money. We do tend to travel when the sites are quieter though.

edited ... repeating myself

it's an age thing :oops:

edited ... repeating myself

it's an age thing :oops:
I know what you mean! When a thread is resurrected it's easy to forget you've already chipped in and if you're not careful you end up repeating what you said further up the thread :embarrased

With luck, though, you don't contradict what you said earlier :D

Back